Cpjhl junior development league

BigBuck

Jan 26, 2012
Well, we where talking Jr A since that's what these outlaw leagues claim to be, .

I just looked on their website and they do not claim to be Jr A or even competing with those teams or leagues.....They offer an option for Jr aged kids,..nobody is forced to join this league

OttawaDad

May 15, 2015
I just looked on their website and they do not claim to be Jr A or even competing with those teams or leagues.....They offer an option for Jr aged kids,..nobody is forced to join this league

That's exactly what the GMHL does claim to be, they have it in the branding. The teams forming this new league are from the GMHL. No different then the CIHL last year. I think that if you where poll the parents of that league, they may have a different view of things. Actually one posted here on the 1st page, promises not delivered, only half a season, etc. o your homework I believe was the term used. Whats wrong with homework?

Honestly curios if those Jr B teams completed their years or not.

valleydude

Mar 16, 2011
That's exactly what the GMHL does claim to be, they have it in the branding. The teams forming this new league are from the GMHL. No different then the CIHL last year. I think that if you where poll the parents of that league, they may have a different view of things. Actually one posted here on the 1st page, promises not delivered, only half a season, etc. o your homework I believe was the term used. Whats wrong with homework?

What about sanctioned Jr teams who release players on the deadlines after collecting the money and do not issue refunds.

OttawaDad

May 15, 2015
What about sanctioned Jr teams who release players on the deadlines after collecting the money and do not issue refunds.

If that has happened, I'm all for the pitchforks. Im going to guess it didn't happen over 200 times in Ontario last year, like it did for the non sanctioned league? It should never happen, and there should be laws to protect those who get screwed, be it sanctioned or not.

MOD

Last edited by a moderator:

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
If that has happened, I'm all for the pitchforks. Im going to guess it didn't happen over 200 times in Ontario last year, like it did for the non sanctioned league? It should never happen, and there should be laws to protect those who get screwed, be it sanctioned or not.

I have no issues with Angelo himself (other then his odd conspiracy theory and need to use multiple user names), I think his heart is in the right place, but we can't know that about the other operators. With sanctioned leagues at least there is a history there, be it positive or negative to make an informed decision. There's nothing here with the CPJHL, we don't even know who Angelo's team will play. I can't imagine anyone could look at the farce that was the CIHL last year and say 'Another Jr league, yes, lets sign up no questions asked'. How do we have any idea this will be different?

can you ask the board people where I used another ip address to pose as a parent?

I clearly stated a while back I did not remember I had an old account, so my computer automatically signed in as the old account because that one day I used my older Laptop, but still I never pretended to be any of my parents.
and on the those posts I made I never one time hid who I was, you can ask them to put those posts up again. and we shall see.

The whole point of the CPJHL, is to be a Development league never did anyone claim it to be Junior A, please provide where I said so.

It is not my place to be critical of your game of words but we were talking about all sanctioned Junior Hockey,

again I will not mention any leagues or teams just do some research where you will find quite a few teams, including junior A, where teams were taken by leagues and then magically relocated to another town the following year.
as for the league teams not being able to finish a season
its called checks and balances,
example,
if my operating budget next year is 150,000, and before I even drop the puck the league wants 125 000, I would agree with you, but this league was not started like the other leagues you mentioned above, it was started with checks and balances.
I will say it again, the Cpjhl is just part of what our junior team, will be doing next year.
See; you think money, money, money,
I think, Wow, we get to start something new, its exciting, you get to be a part of creating something special for these families to be a part of. if you had the drug(addiction) for hockey you would understand. it is mentally draining but also rewarding.
let me leave you with this, I have been observing here in ottawa for years, and I know one thing, there are many, many more good intentioned hockey people then not . and I might not be technically sound or I might be, but who cares. but please don't let a worm hit you in the back. Sorry I could not resist.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
more word playing

When did I ever suggest what you said about the best players, being traded or let go, but now that you are on the subject, I wish you new, what does go on, in some teams
Sanctioned and non sanctioned, but that is a conversation when we are in our rocking chairs. but I will leave you with this, many, many players, every year some of them the best on their teams, are traded/sold for pdf fees.
If you do not think so, I understand but next year I would look across all the leagues and that might convince you.

No Skin in the Game

Sep 15, 2015
we use all our money, to buy ice, play games, run dryland, and actually we usually fall short, no i do not take a salary,
and yes you are right running 2 u16 teams is not a track record, but there is a lot more than just that. but i was not referring to that, I was referring to trust, I know a crazy concept, it has nothing with what we are talking about.
by the way "Ottawadad" I do not know about what 200 players you are talking about, but I do know some of the players who got kicked out or traded because they could not pay on sanctioned teams,

So you are doing all this and taking a loss financially?

It would really help us all understand what you were talking about if you used actual examples not just saying "if you knew" and "just google it". If the information is readily available why not just provide the information or post a link? Any team folding or moving to a new town at the end of a season cannot be compared to one that stops operation mid year. Being kicked off of a team for non-payment of fees is also a completely different scenario...

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
So you are doing all this and taking a loss financially?

It would really help us all understand what you were talking about if you used actual examples not just saying "if you knew" and "just google it". If the information is readily available why not just provide the information or post a link? Any team folding or moving to a new town at the end of a season cannot be compared to one that stops operation mid year. Being kicked off of a team for non-payment of fees is also a completely different scenario...
Hi No skin, if you say so, you have an apple and an orange, eventually if nobody picks them, they both fall to the ground. they might be different at the beginning but the final result is the same. and by the way I did not start this topic, but I do like your tag name I will never point to anything directly it is up to parents to do there homework. Just like any family wanting to be a part of our family.
there have been many situations where a team is going bankrupt and the league(owners) pitch in to keep the team afloat till the end of the season.
it is all about checks and balances.
thanks

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
I guess the biggest question is why would anyone show faith in this league?

Most of the owners come from GMHL where teams disappear yearly only to reappear with new ownership the next season, or the same owners in different cities. Then the other new non HC sanctioned league in Ontario, the CIHL folded mid season, leaving most players short $$ and no place to play, along with rinks being owed $$. One of the owners of the new league is also part of a police investigation for fraud, not really something that makes you feel confident.

HC sanctioned leagues have governing bodies that oversee league operations (Branches and Hockey Canada). This league is self governed so the owners can set the rules that they want, even if AAU sanctioned they do nothing more than provide insurance. I have seen the phrase "checks and balances" but that really means nothing, I am sure that the CIHL gave reassurances but in the end it meant nothing.

I am happy to see it is not calling itself Jr A, history has shown that the GMHL might not even be Jr C. That being said if it is successful then all the more power to the operators but I just hope those players signing up go into with their eyes wide open and realize what might happen.

cchltier1fan

May 23, 2013
I agree governing bodies not perfect, but I would have less faith in a group with a background in the GMHL.

Last edited:

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
I agree governing bodies not perfect, but I would have less faith in a group with a background in the GMHL.

sorry for not answering sooner, been busy, that is why I keep repeating the same thing, parents should there homework on all leagues, personally we will be doing other activities besides the league. and it really comes down to checks and balances

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
8th team announced

then there were 8
http://www.cpjhl.com/leagues/newsletter.cfm?clientid=6254&leagueid=26730&page=95054[/URL]

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
try-outs

for all Junior try-out info you can visit ossjr.com, please give me your feedback on what you think.
thank you

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
Eastern Division

Ottawa sharpshooters
GlenGarry Highlanders
Akwesasne Chiefs
I wonder who the 4th teams is.

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
I was being sarcastic because that is what people stated on the board but it is not true.

You commissioner was with the Niagara Whalers of the GMHL last year, and he and 4 other teams left to create the CPJHL.

Some of the teams are named the same and in the same communities as their GMHL teams.

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014
You commissioner was with the Niagara Whalers of the GMHL last year, and he and 4 other teams left to create the CPJHL.

Some of the teams are named the same and in the same communities as their GMHL teams.
still do not understand your math.
thank you

Tigers1992

Dec 13, 2009
still do not understand your math.
thank you

I believe the concern is that your league has been born from those who where invovled with the GMHL. For a time it was half, and currently is still a fairly high percentage.

Last edited:

arcjoif6

Aug 29, 2014

Hi tigers, next you will be stating that 30% of teams have gmhl owners

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad