News Article: Coyotest interested in Kyle Dubas for GM role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Good opportunity for him if there is interest.

There are other options out there is he does opt to pursue it.

Good luck if he does.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel

Not worried, though. He's the future GM of the Leafs and I think he would find that much more attractive than being the GM of an unstable franchise.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Probably realizes he's not ready, could be career suicide to leave prematurely.

or he realizes he's got a great gig in toronto. Set up to step in around the time when the team is competitive and full of prospects.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I doubt he goes anywhere- there seems to be a pretty clear line of succession for him to take the reigns from Lou when he decides to move into more of an advisory role. Lou has been great at sheltering him too - notice that Dubas only tends to make formal public statements to the media regarding the marlies.It's all about creating a safe and comfortable environment for young players and staff to thrive and develop.

Given the large organizational infrastructure he's been able to implement - his analytics department, his AHL staff, it would seem premature to jump ship so early, especially as the a leafs take forward steps with their rebuild.

Last edited:

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Sort of a misnomer.
I read a tweet, that Lou has an out after every year.
Shanny has to ask after every year.
It could even be when the 3yrs, are up, he could want to stay.

Though given his age - I think sooner rather than later he'd prefer to slide into a senior advisory position and let a younger guy handle the day to day admin stuff. Would allow him to focus on the big picture stuff too.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
I doubt he goes anywhere- there seems to be a pretty clear line of succession for him to take the reigns from Lou when he decides to move into more of an advisory role. Lou has been great at sheltering him too - notice that Dubas only tends to make formal public statements to the media regarding the media. It's all about creating a safe and comfortable environment for young players and staff to thrive and develop.

Given the large organizational infrastructure he's been able to implement - his analytics department, his AHL staff, it would seem premature to jump ship so early, especially as the a leafs take forward steps with their rebuild.

actually. no. he can talk to the media all he wants...
just about the Marlies.

he can't talk about the Leafs in any capacity because Lou wants only Shanahan/Babcock/himself (lou).

and i wrote this somewhere else, but i think another part of why he wouldnt go is that MLSE is funding a lot into the analyitics department, as well as that S&E partnership where they can track a lot of stuff. I remember Dubas being super geeked out about it. I don't think he can get all of that in the Desert.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
actually. no. he can talk to the media all he wants...
just about the Marlies.

he can't talk about the Leafs in any capacity because Lou wants only Shanahan/Babcock/himself (lou).

and i wrote this somewhere else, but i think another part of why he wouldnt go is that MLSE is funding a lot into the analyitics department, as well as that S&E partnership where they can track a lot of stuff. I remember Dubas being super geeked out about it. I don't think he can get all of that in the Desert.

A typo on my part - I meant to say exactly that. He only comments about the Marlies because he's being sheltered by Shanahan/Lou - who have done a fantastic job showing potential future staff that the Leafs, despite being in the centre of the hockey universe can still be a comfortable place to work.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Good news that the leafs got a head start with their new rebuild model, seems the coyotes want to emulate it... They seemed to be alluding to the leafs model when during the firing of Maloney management talked about bringing fresh updated model... Not being stuck in the old etc

BackHandShelf22

Apr 12, 2014
Sort of a misnomer.
I read a tweet, that Lou has an out after every year.
Shanny has to ask after every year.
It could even be when the 3yrs, are up, he could want to stay.

He's a guy of honoring his word and is very resistant to straying from that. He did say "I know of his background. If he doesn't become general manager here, and I'm not going to be here for a lifetime, it's going to be his fault." Essentially saying that he's not long for this position and that he recognizes it's his for the taking.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
It's great to know the leafs are paying to keep this franchise afloat and they return the favour by trying to steal our future gm. Kind of pathetic in all honesty

Willy Styles

Nov 5, 2014
York Region
He declined the offer from the Yotes. So I think its safe to say the Leafs have told him that he's gonna be the next GM for the Leafs after Lou decides to retire, which is going to pretty soon. Some said Hunter is the next GM but I don't think Hunter wants to be GM, hes more of a pure hockey guy he doesn't care to be in the business aspect of the game.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
He declined the offer from the Yotes. So I think its safe to say the Leafs have told him that he's gonna be the next GM for the Leafs after Lou decides to retire, which is going to pretty soon. Some said Hunter is the next GM but I don't think Hunter wants to be GM, hes more of a pure hockey guy he doesn't care to be in the business aspect of the game.

I don't think that's true unless you mean something else.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Seems better to be part of the Toronto Maple Leafs than go out and do this with the Coyotes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad