GDT: Coyotes vs. Avs | 7 PM | Feb 28 | Zzz...

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
And why do you think that is? Maybe it's because Roy is yelling at them to play the best they can. Just a thought.

Even if that D plays their absolute best, they can't play mistake free because they are simply not very good d-men. They are always going to have more bad games than good so i think what Roy should concentrate on is what got them to this point, is team D.

Yelling at them wont fix much and wont turn them into HOF d-men. But maybe that was what he was yelling at, the team D not the individual.

TheStranger

Jan 21, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
My biggest fear right now isn't defense. It's a goaltender who has had awful confidence issues in his career coming out of a huge let down at the Olympics.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Really? That's a media story is all it is. They have blown it way, way out of proportion. I find it hard to believe that someone who played through jail, fear of a conviction and deportation can't overcome one bad period of hockey. Maybe it was genius to have him sign that contract before the Olympics, Varly has 29.5 million reasons to get a grip and get over it.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
My biggest fear right now isn't defense. It's a goaltender who has had awful confidence issues in his career coming out of a huge let down at the Olympics.

He's faced worse things this season and came out smiling. He'll be fired up to win.

Cynthesis

Sep 27, 2010
Even if that D plays their absolute best, they can't play mistake free because they are simply not very good d-men. They are always going to have more bad games than good so i think what Roy should concentrate on is what got them to this point, is team D.

Yelling at them wont fix much and wont turn them into HOF d-men. But maybe that was what he was yelling at, the team D not the individual.

Well of course it's not going to turn them into HOF d-men lol. But it certainly helps. Much more so than Sacco's silent passive style. He was definitely yelling at the team D in that gif though, not an individual. I've always been a fan of passionate coaches. Both as a fan and a player. It's obviously working with the Avs this season.

JWK

Report Spam @JWK on Twitter Plz
Mar 27, 2010
I love Army's reaction at the very end
Oh yeah, speaking of Army, did anyone give him credit when we scored 3 PP goals last game or does his name only come up when we don't score on the PP?

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs are 9th in PP% in the league. Considering they don't have any big shot from the point, it's a very good record.

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
This is a huge game, but it won't be the end of the world if we lose.

We all know how important EJ is to this defense, so I'm staying patient while he is out.

That said, it isn't like we played terrible last night. The offense was going and Jiggy was Jiggy. We will be fine.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
Blowout loss.
Varly pulled early in 2nd at 4-0.
Jiggy lets in 4 more and we'll lose 8-1.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Just one more without EJ. Need Varly to come up big in this game.

member 116861

Our powerplay is either really good or really bad. There is no middle ground.

Taak19

Sep 22, 2011
Which is the worst in-arena song of Light em up or Timber?

I don't know if I have heard of the first but the latter is ****ing terrible.

Edit: Just looked em both up on YT, both are terribad. Tie?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad