GDT: Coyotes V.S. Canadiens OCT 20 7:30PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Binary Code

How do I change that
Aug 22, 2013
Delirium
Thanks for the early morning laugh. Your writing portrays your situation and said obnoxious co-worker very well. However, OEL is the best, clutchiest defenseman in the league right now. Your obvious lack of hockey knowledge will cost you some points. He stands alone on top of mountain Norris, soon to joy the likes of Larry Robinson and Nicklas Lidstrom. In fact, OEL is already among those legends.

OEL is love, OEL is life.

SuperNHL pairing with Karlsson

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
1. Neat.
2. It's neat but still blasphemy, LOL.
3. Interesting disciple included.
4. Will the Galchenyuk centering Lehkonen and Radulov line should be tried now be the everyone sees this but MT story line this year ?

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
id have Price on the bench tonight as a backup. I know this is his team but he was EXTREMELY sick

Mike Hasselhoffman

Bell Centre Baywatch
Sep 17, 2011
I wouldn't be all that opposed to having Price sit this game out, make sure he's fully recovered and got his strength back for Saturday's game in Boston.

1) Montoya has played remarkably well so far, he recorded a shutout last game, so his confidence is probably through the roof.

2) The entire team was great against Pittsburgh, I'd say ice the exact same line-up from Tuesday night.

3) Price was very sick and lost 7-8lbs, it takes a little bit of time before that strength comes back, let him sit as the backup tonight, at least so he can get the feel for dressing for the game, but ultimately let Montoya play.

• He wasn't infected with seasonal influenza, as that's caused by a virus, and Price was on antibiotics, so that means no viral infection, it suggests a bacterial infection, such as bronchitis. Bronchitis is no joke, what it is, is inflammation of the bronchiole tubes which is what carries air that your breathe to the lungs so that gas exchange can take place. When they are inflamed, breathing is difficult (among other symptoms, such as a productive cough, fever, etc.). I'd sit him until he's absolutely fully recovered..take it from the doctor-to-be

4) The Coyotes are a weaker team IMO than Boston, Montoya should be able to handle it no problem.

Although it is a home game, maybe they really want to let Price play his first game back in front of the home crowd...

Last edited:

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Habs have horrible record against Coyotes lately. If Price plays he better be ready.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Fantastic GDT!! I originally came from Winnipeg and had followed the Jets since a wee lad, now I live here in Montreal and like Habs hockey. The Jets when they were stripped from Winnipeg for relocation to an unscrupulous scavenger market like Phoenix left a bitter taste in me, even today. Just want to throw out there that I still have a burning white hot hatred of the Coyotes, I know Jesus Price would call for forgiveness and all but I request humbly before God the Habs, pummel the vile "Yotes" into fine brick red powder and blow them away into the nether regions of oblivion. I say this in Jesus Prices name, amen.

antoniojr

pretty mint.
Feb 21, 2008
John Lu @JohnLuTSNMtl 23m
#Habs Price is currently meeting with medical staff. Sounds like he'll be a gametime decision.

John Lu @JohnLuTSNMtl 40m
#Habs Price has left the ice after 30 minutes. Could mean he's starting or that was his "see how I feel" test which he alluded to yesterday.
It sounds as though Price will be a game time decision.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Not sure which of Flynn/Byron are in so I guessed Byron. Carr could be sitting again. IDK

I spoke to Michel earlier today and he confirmed Price is starting 99%.

You did a great job, I was just being silly.

It will be very nice to see Price finally play a Habs game this season.

mechantmardi

Apr 15, 2010
Montreal
from NHL.com :

BROSSARD - The wait is finally over. Carey Price will be back between the pipes on Thursday night against the Arizona Coyotes at the Bell Centre.

The Canadiens' starter recently came down with a severe flu that caused him to lose seven to eight pounds, but now he's ready to return to active duty.

It will mark Price's first regular-season start since November 25, 2015 against the New York Rangers. That's when he suffered a sprained MCL in his right knee and was forced to miss the remainder of the season.

Before watching from the sidelines last year, the Canadiens' No. 31 was enjoying an outstanding start to the season, posting 10 wins - including two shutouts - in 12 games, along with a 2.06 goals-against average and a .934 save percentage.

Head coach Michel Therrien, who admitted on Wednesday that he's looking forward to seeing the veteran netminder back in goal, would surely like to see him pick up where he left off before falling ill.

Three weeks ago, Price helped to pace Team Canada to the World Cup of Hockey title in Toronto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad