Confirmed with Link: Coyotes trade Strome and Perlini for Nick Schmaltz

Status
Not open for further replies.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I’m fine with moving on from Strome and Perlini. They’re both wimps. But we didn’t get enough back. We needed a second asset of notable value.

Chayka just has it out for any pick that predates his having prominent influence on selections.

Reactions: Jagged Ice and KG

rt

May 13, 2004
Seems to me this was more of a message delivered rather than a fair value trade.

I think we're going to regret letting Strome go, though.
And yet lazy ass vets can still float around collecting huge checks with impunity? Doesn’t seem like a very effective way to send a message. Panik should be placed on waivers immediately. He’d clear anyway. That’s a message.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
I’m fine with moving on from Strome and Perlini. They’re both wimps. But we didn’t get enough back. We needed a second asset of notable value.

Chayka just has it out for any pick that predates his having prominent influence on selections.
Chayka has been described to me as a very cocky young man, by someone close to him.

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
And yet lazy ass vets can still float around collecting huge checks with impunity? Doesn’t seem like a very effective way to send a message. Panik should be placed on waivers immediately. He’d clear anyway. That’s a message.
There was no future with either of those 2 guys. I bear no malice, but they needed a new start.
We needed a new start.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
This clears a contract, too, doesnt it? Wonder if thats something were going to play with?

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Sometimes I feel Chaka trades for the sake of making a trade. All these moves and team really isn't closer to the playoffs.

Also I think this cements that RT did not trust Strome at all. If Strome is going to become a meaningful player, it wasn't going to happen with RT.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
But then we'd be less Chicago west. :sarcasm:

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
And yet lazy ass vets can still float around collecting huge checks with impunity?

Yes. Because you can get rid of guys like Strome and Perlini because they are on cheap deals.

You can't get rid of lazy ass vets who float around because their huge checks are the only thing keeping this team above the cap floor. Deal them, and you have to take back enough salary to avoid league fines, which you can't afford because your owner is basically broke. But the only way to get enough salary back is to either get a lesser asset who is being overpaid, or to get multiple lesser assets to combine to make up the lost cap hit - only you can't, because you're at the contract limit.

Isn't being a Coyotes GM wonderful?

Reactions: CLW

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I love that Nick Schmaltz is a right-handed shot. I love that he is a natural Center. I love that he has put up some good numbers. I love that he's only a year older than Dylan Strome and the same age as Perlini.

I hate giving up both players for a single piece. I hate that we don't know if this guy was just a product of Chicago's high offense. I hate the idea of Strome and Alex Debrincat reuniting and potentially opening Strome's offense.

I am very even on this trade, sad to see how 2015 went for us. Sad to see Perlini failing to put it completely together.

rt

May 13, 2004
Schmaltz is great and all, but he’s no goal scorer. At least not typically. He did have 21g last season with a ridiculous sh% but in 75gp with NoDak, he had 16g total. I like his game but we need guys who can score goals.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I love that Nick Schmaltz is a right-handed shot. I love that he is a natural Center. I love that he has put up some good numbers. I love that he's only a year older than Dylan Strome and the same age as Perlini.

I hate giving up both players for a single piece. I hate that we don't know if this guy was just a product of Chicago's high offense. I hate the idea of Strome and Alex Debrincat reuniting and potentially opening Strome's offense.

I am very even on this trade, sad to see how 2015 went for us. Sad to see Perlini failing to put it completely together.

Schmaltz is on Chicago; they are selling high. The Coyotes are selling about as low as you can go. There's a reason Chicago does this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad