Confirmed with Link: Coyotes trade Strome and Perlini for Nick Schmaltz - Part Deux

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuhrious

Feb 3, 2004
Based on what, exactly? His track record with the team up to the trade appeared to indicate otherwise?

tuxonpups

Mar 15, 2009
Spooner just scored on the Roadrunners, another Strome trade working out well for us...

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I thought this was pretty funny from the Chicago board (w/Chi 31gm, 10g, 17a, 27p +/- 0):
DuwKnWAUUAAQQfb.jpg:large

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
I have no doubt that schmaltz would have more points then strome if he was playing. It's just pure bad luck and why the trade looks tilted right now. He was playing so well. I wouldn't smash chyka for this. He got great young talent back and I'm sure it will show next year.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I have no doubt that schmaltz would have more points then strome if he was playing. It's just pure bad luck and why the trade looks tilted right now. He was playing so well. I wouldn't smash chyka for this. He got great young talent back and I'm sure it will show next year.
I have plenty of doubt. Schmaltz was putting up .82ppg and Strome is putting up .87ppg. It stands to reason that Strome would be outscoring him given the same number of games.

Reactions: CC96 and CLW

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Man Stromer is killing it. Usually I am more of a realist rather than a pessimist/optimist because there are a lot of one-siders on this board, but I'm beginning to feel pretty pessimistic about this trade. I really do like Nick Schmaltz and I think at the end of the day it will look a little bit more even than this first year has suggested. That being said I have a feeling Strome could consistently put up 50-60 pts in this league from now on, and that's what i have a problem with. Why not just give him his chance? Tocchet and staff failed him.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Strome is putting up some numbers, but I think it's too early to call this trade a loss.

Last night he had 3 assists
1. 5 on 3 where he made an OK pass that essentially was a broken play goal.
2. Nice blind pass. Kudos.
3. OT goal where he happened to be last guy to touch it in d zone. Goal was one man show by Toews.

As others have mentioned, he's playing with some top talent.

I wasn't pushing for the Strome trade, but like what I've seen from Schmaltz.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
I have plenty of doubt. Schmaltz was putting up .82ppg and Strome is putting up .87ppg. It stands to reason that Strome would be outscoring him given the same number of games.
There is little doubt Schmaltz would have benefited from the torrid pace of goal scoring the Coyote's are currently on.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
There is little doubt Schmaltz would have benefited from the torrid pace of goal scoring the Coyote's are currently on.

You forgot the :sarcasm:.

What we will not know is how Schmaltz and Strome would have done had they not been traded. How much of a players success depends on those around them? I think a great deal.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

What we will not know is how Schmaltz and Strome would have done had they not been traded. How much of a players success depends on those around them? I think a great deal.
For some reason this tablet of mine will not do emojis ??

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012

I saw nothing from Strome here to suggest trading him would be a mistake. Success with greatness doesn't change that.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

rt

May 13, 2004
Schmaltz is only 12.5 months older. I think people forget that. The narrative seems to be we gave away the much younger player with much higher upside. There’s a very good chance Strome ends up better and we lose this trade. But we shouldn’t lose sight of the the fact that only twelve and a half months separate the two.

rt

May 13, 2004
I saw nothing from Strome here to suggest trading him would be a mistake. Success with greatness doesn't change that.
.82 in AZ is probably more impressive than .87 in Chicago. That’s true. Strome is getting hotter and hotter, though. Could be next year he’s a 1ppg player for the Hawks and we’d be lucky to get .75 out of Schmaltz.

Similarly, Galchenyuk is only 12.5 months older than Domi. Again, most of us keep forgetting that because Galchenyuk has been in the league much longer, that he’s not actually much older. He’s .60ppg and Domi is .85ppg.

Still, we clearly lost that trade. Nobody should be impressed with John Chayka right now.

HawksBeerFan

Nov 9, 2014
Strome is putting up some numbers, but I think it's too early to call this trade a loss.

Last night he had 3 assists
1. 5 on 3 where he made an OK pass that essentially was a broken play goal.
2. Nice blind pass. Kudos.
3. OT goal where he happened to be last guy to touch it in d zone. Goal was one man show by Toews.

As others have mentioned, he's playing with some top talent.

I wasn't pushing for the Strome trade, but like what I've seen from Schmaltz.
Schmaltz success/production in Chicago came when he was riding shotgun with Kane. So, yes, Strome's production is coming alongside very good players, but the same is true of Schmaltz before he was traded.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Even if they draw even, I like Schmaltz's style more. Certainly a better fit for Tocchet's style too.

Perlini is starting to look like Duclair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad