Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Trade Stepan to Ottawa for 2021 2nd Round Pick [from CBJ]

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
If his value is equivalent to a 3rd rounder, I’m not sure this makes sense to do before the deadline.

Having said that, f*** YEAH! Do it!!!

That’s just the inner joker talking though. Lol.
Other thibg to cobsider is trades between cdn and US teams require a 14 day quarantine period. Doing this trade mid season would mean they miss about 5-6 games or roughly 10% of the season.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What if BA does Stepan to Ottawa and turns around and uses that cap space to sign Erik Haula to replace him? That’s a dream scenario right there.
Haula’s nickname is “Haula Fame”

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Other thibg to cobsider is trades between cdn and US teams require a 14 day quarantine period. Doing this trade mid season would mean they miss about 5-6 games or roughly 10% of the season.

I wonder if vaccination proof will waive the quarantine requirement? I know NHLers are not a top vaccine priority, but still might happen before 12 April.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
How about Stepan for Artem Anisimov and use the extra cap space to sign Carl Soderberg to a one year deal?

Both are big, versatile veteran players on expiring deals that can play up and down the line up at any forward position, if needed. They aren’t mean or tough or anything but they aren’t going to be pushed around. Both had decent power play goal totals last season (5 and 6 respectively).

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
How about Stepan for Artem Anisimov and use the extra cap space to sign Carl Soderberg to a one year deal?

Both are big, versatile veteran players on expiring deals that can play up and down the line up at any forward position, if needed. They aren’t mean or tough or anything but they aren’t going to be pushed around. Both had decent power play goal totals last season (5 and 6 respectively).

You just had to keep going. You should have stopped when you were ahead. We don't need Soderberg back.

Reactions: Jakey53 and RemoAZ

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Think about it....Stepan for Anismov plus one of Ottawa's three 2nd round picks in 2021.

Stepan is the better player, Ansimov more size (doesn't use it much), hopefully some net-front presence. and serves as a cap dump to get the 2nd rounder.

Stepan cap hit of $6.5, remaining money owed = $2M
Ansimov cap hit of $4.55M, remaining money owed = $1.5M
Both in the final year of their contract.

Helps AZ get under the cap ceiling and helps keep Ottawa above the cap floor.

Win-win

Last edited:

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Trading Stepan would be great for the cap-issues. I don't get the joy over "getting rid of him", though. He is a good player. A bit overpaid, but not someone I sit and hope the coach didn't wanna play that night. Big difference.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad