Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Submit Proposal to Tempe for a new arena (UPD: Proposal details out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
Can we take any comfort in Meruleo's extensive real-estate/development/gaming background? He has to have faced obstacles that are similar (not the exact same) as Sky Harbor and the Goldwater Institute before, right? Ice Arizona, he is not. Meruelo is pretty much the Real McCoy, no?

I think so .. the main boards are saying he is mismanaging the team .. but I don't see how .. though I am quite far from the situation... Other than the Glendale situation .. ( which is big) I think the Yotes are in the best shape they have been in in a while...

If Meurelo can actually get an arena built that he owns .. it is a game changer

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
As an intellectual exercise, and not to point fingers, it's worth examining who benefits when relo rumors are released to the public.

City of Glendale. It's in their benefit because if the Coyotes are not relocating, it causes friction with their proposed new temporary and permanent homes. If the Coyotes want to stay in Glendale for a few years more, it drives up their need to close the deal and allows Glendale to wring more money out of them. If the Coyotes really are looking to relocate, the rumors bring down the wrath of the fans and is a way for Glendale to stick it to them on their way out.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Kansas City. Oh and Saskatoon (LOL).

That's true. Although the KC story never got as far as the rest of them...like, I don't remember ever seeing people in KC jerseys holding up signs like #BringBackTheScouts. (like at least two of us did in Minnesota in 2012 - arguably the day of our greatest triumph, clinching the pacific division - seeing a guy in a Quebec shirt welcoming Antoine Vermette back, in French)

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
That's true. Although the KC story never got as far as the rest of them...like, I don't remember ever seeing people in KC jerseys holding up signs like #BringBackTheScouts. (like at least two of us did in Minnesota in 2012 - arguably the day of our greatest triumph, clinching the pacific division - seeing a guy in a Quebec shirt welcoming Antoine Vermette back, in French)

KC has hosted a few NHL preseason games over the past decade. Always a packed house, and every teams colors represented in the crowd.

But there is not an active movement to bring in a team.

Lamar Hunt Jr., whose dad founded the KC Chiefs, owns the ECHL Missouri Mavericks. He has expressed interest in bringing an NHL team to KC, but said the time was not right. Whatever that means.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Just get something done already. Enough with the constant bull shit. Sign a lease with Glendale and STOP CRYING, stop dicking around and make a new arena deal or get the f*** out. With our luck they'll win the lottery two years in a row, trade for Matthews and then leave.
I think you need some pontang.;)

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
I think you need some pontang.;)
I could use some enjoyment about now, that's for sure. Had to put my 13 year old Weimaraner down a few days ago so been in a shitty mood. Can't watch hockey and my Steelers suck too. Start my vacation this weekend and can't go on my trip because of f***ing Covid. Lots of suckage.

Reactions: Jakey53

awfulwaffle

Jun 20, 2011
Dallas, TX
I'm so tired of this circus game. Ever year it's something new and something different, yet here we are over 20 years later still in Arizona. These people need to find another hobby to take up their time instead of gushing over the Coyotes moving from Arizona.

Reactions: Jakey53 and RemoAZ

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Chris Johnston at the 3:00 mark.

Insider Trading: Chiarot drawing interest from contenders

He reported Xavier Gutierrez mentioned they have a couple of short term solutions lining up.
It would obviously be AWESOME if the team got an arena deal done for Tempe. But it would also be really cool for them to have some interim solution outside of Glendale, but in the valley. Like VMC or Chase, or something. Selfishly, I think it would be really fun to have some crazy interim spot like that to go watch tank games next year. Would be fun and interesting.

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
I'm so tired of this circus game. Ever year it's something new and something different, yet here we are over 20 years later still in Arizona. These people need to find another hobby to take up their time instead of gushing over the Coyotes moving from Arizona.

Keeps the forum lively. What else are we going to talk about? Our playoff chances? :eek:

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Keeps the forum lively. What else are we going to talk about? Our playoff chances? :eek:
Greater chance of the Coyotes playing a playoff game in Glendale next spring OR a regular season game in Houston next fall???

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
But it would also be really cool for them to have some interim solution

Right. Maybe XG could tweet out a vague msg that they are confident in having a place to play next season...in the valley!!!

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
It would obviously be AWESOME if the team got an arena deal done for Tempe. But it would also be really cool for them to have some interim solution outside of Glendale, but in the valley. Like VMC or Chase, or something. Selfishly, I think it would be really fun to have some crazy interim spot like that to go watch tank games next year. Would be fun and interesting.
Oh I totally hope we spend the next few years at the fairgrounds, waiting. Ingress/egress, pregame/post-game would all relatively suck, but it would be so cool to go back in there after 20 years (last WCHL Mustangs game I attended, I think)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad