Confirmed with Link: Coyotes Submit Proposal to Tempe for a new arena (UPD: Proposal details out)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
That fact that both these Forbes guys and Rick Westhead are running this open conversation on Twitter of all places...... before even publishing an article...... smells like a bad fishing expedition.

BTW... Rick Westhead is a good investigative writer (even though he blocked me on Twitter back after I mocked his comment on Glendale being EAST of Phoenix ;)). But even good ones get sucked into these things.

Reactions: slv and Edenjung

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
That fact that both these Forbes guys and Rick Westhead are running this open conversation on Twitter of all places...... before even publishing an article...... smells like a bad fishing expedition.

BTW... Rick Westhead is a good investigative writer (even though he blocked me on Twitter back after I mocked his comment on Glendale being EAST of Phoenix ;)). But even good ones get sucked into these things.

Not the first time Westhead has hopped on the bad news wagon. Here's an oldie but goodie.

NHL issues stern denial on Coyotes relocation report - TSN.ca

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
This is a long but interesting read. Falls under the heard from a friend narrative but a few interesting points.

I hope Muerlo just donates a few hundret thousand dollars to the institute and some Cars or something.
So that they stay quiet.

Or just change parts of the proposal and make it 100% private.

Reactions: Mosby

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ
We've been led down dead ends and dark alleys so much and for so long that I don't care if it's coming from the media, a dude on twitter, the NHL, or the Coyotes. I only trust a confirmed 'done deal.' Everything else is just noise. It's damn loud though lol!

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
This is a long but interesting read. Falls under the heard from a friend narrative but a few interesting points.

The gift clause is indeed one of the dumbest laws on the books in Arizona and The Goldwater Institute will die on a hill (with their huge war chest of cash) if they even smell the gift clause being slightly broken.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

As always, private financing can fix this. The league can fix this if they really, really want to do so. But it's not likely.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Anyone wanna give me the cliff notes in where we’re at with all this? It’s a lot to sift through

Muppet

7th Round Pick
Mar 13, 2011
How many times has it been reported over the last 10+ years that the Coyotes are on the verge of relocation? We've heard it allllll before, and would you look at that, the Yotes are still in AZ.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH

The Cedric Caballos thing mentioned was brought out by the guy at Field of Schemes (or FOS as I put it because he often is).

The person who’s fronting that is a promoter who operates three or four storefronts in the Camelback District and the group he’s representing is the ABA. Which is essentially a quasi-semi-pro basketball league operating its games out of high school gyms and YMCAs.

It’s nothing to Tempe. The fact the guy needed a letter from a guy who’s been battling CoVID for the last few months isn’t really a game changer either.

Reactions: AZviaNJ

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Anyone wanna give me the cliff notes in where we’re at with all this? It’s a lot to sift through

Goldwater is back in the weeds, waiting to try and kill this thing in court again. This may or may not be enough for everyone to say "f*** it" and move the team to Houston.

Still no interim home, which is a major problem if Glendale goes full true believer and can't be bought.

Reactions: SR

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
How many times has it been reported over the last 10+ years that the Coyotes are on the verge of relocation? We've heard it allllll before, and would you look at that, the Yotes are still in AZ.

Even I've now lost track. It is now something like:

Portland
Hamilton
Winnipeg
Quebec
Seattle
Las Vegas
Seattle (again)
Las Vegas (again)
Houston
Houston... or Quebec (again)

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Can we take any comfort in Meruleo's extensive real-estate/development/gaming background? He has to have faced obstacles that are similar (not the exact same) as Sky Harbor and the Goldwater Institute before, right? Ice Arizona, he is not. Meruelo is pretty much the Real McCoy, no?

Reactions: Jakey53

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Can we take any comfort in Meruleo's extensive real-estate/development/gaming background? He has to have faced obstacles that are similar (not the exact same) as Sky Harbor and the Goldwater Institute before, right? Ice Arizona, he is not. Meruelo is pretty much the Real McCoy, no?

Well, that's the thing...Latino in a latino market + gamer with a new gaming license + willing municipal partnert + by all accounts not a poser = success(?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad