Coyotes still owe rent for 2019/2020 UPD - Post #217 (Reconciled)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Between markets? Rams, Raiders, Chargers....Texans were expansion.....???

This thread, like allll the others, is another ploy in an endless line of them, to tie a minor event to the eventual relocation of the Coyotes. This one isn't a sign of it either. Eventually the thread will degrade and get locked as the same dozen or so relocationistas run out of rotten tomatoes to throw at Arizona, again. :rolleyes: (to the new guy, @Venial Cyn, this has been going on for a loooong time. Same ole same ole. The cast of characters for the coyotes has completely changed - different owners, coaches, players, management, donut vendors, the only thing that hasn't changed is the location - so that's apparently the thing they really dislike. Notice it's never framed as an academic discussion on business: "how they are still in Arizona", but rather "HOW are THEY still in ARIZONA?!!!"...and yet, there they remain.).

It's curious that you see those discussions which you disagree with as "ploys". And by the way, Venial Cyn is not a guy but a girl, probably Cynthia.

The great majority of the these boards are "going on for a loooong time. Same ole same ole." The coaches change and the fire-the-coach boards still appear, regular as clockwork. The general managers move on or are moved out, and the general manager second guessing boards still appear, same old same ole. The team goes into a slump or a surge and the same boards will be created in response, and many of us will enjoy filling them with our unfounded speculations. That's what these boards are for. In many ways, the circular repetition mirrors our own lives so don't be too quick to dismiss a topic as boring or 'same ole same ole', especially when it's one that personally offends you.

"Tie a minor event"? Given the horrible disasters befalling poor Merulo, what would you consider a major event?

And you are most emphatically correct in pointing out that the cast of characters has completely changed and only the location remains the same. What I think you're lacking, however, is a full appreciation of the significance of these two points.

Just one moose's opinions, of course. Your mileage may vary. Offer void where prohibited by law.

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
Very perceptive, if not complete illiterate.

I'm quite capable of writing in formal English, when the purpose and venue require it. I can write in full sentences with correct spelling, grammar, syntax and punctuation. But why would I need to do it here?

You wash your hair and put on your face and skirt and heels to go to a club. When you go to 7-11, sweats and a scrunchie will do. Big difference.

This place is definitely a Sev.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
The last 20 years say otherwise, attendance/tv ratings/ are still abysmal 4-5 different owners not a single one could make it work, they got a new arena it made no impact..... You dont need a gazillion fans to make it work you just need 20000 willing to pay 100$ a game forty times a year and they still dont have that after so many years

"...and yet, there they remain...."

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020
if an NHL team can be successful in Tampa, or Nashville, or Vegas, there's no reason it can't be successful in Arizona. There's nothing inherent in the latitude, or the climate, or the demographics. To believe otherwise, is simply incorrect. Full stop.

A lot guys used to think like you, simply incorrect full stop, and had jobs up in Minneapolis at Target. One day they all said "if a Target store can be successful in Tampa, or Nashville, or Vegas, there's no reason it can't be successful in Canada. There's nothing inherent in the latitude, or the climate, or the demographics."

Quote: Target Corp TGT.N will exit the Canadian market after less than two years in a surprise retreat that will throw more than 17,000 employees out of work and trigger a $5.4 billion quarterly loss. Source: In surprise move, Target exits Canada and takes $5.4 billion loss

Of course, the Coyotes have lost nowhere near $5.4 billion dollars. Of course, guys will always tell you that if you don't believe them you're simply incorrect.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
It's curious that you see those discussions which you disagree with as "ploys".

it's been pretty systemic. and predictable. even you have to admit that. or not.

And by the way, Venial Cyn is not a guy but a girl, probably Cynthia.

Girls can be one of the 'guys', or 'dudes'... just look at 'Broad City'.

"Tie a minor event"? Given the horrible disasters befalling poor Merulo, what would you consider a major event?

I'm betting AM doesn't consider the late rent one of the major disasters. only you guys trying to portray them as major disasters. next time you're here and in Glendale, drive around and see if you can tell if they're a million short, and if you find blight, ask yourself if it wasn't like that already before 2003.

And you are most emphatically correct in pointing out that the cast of characters has completely changed and only the location remains the same. What I think you're lacking, however, is a full appreciation of the significance of these two points.

And what I think you're lacking, is a lack of bias and an overestimation of the significance of those two points. You've been pretty much pounding the drum against AZ, despite your 'i've had properties down there' boasting of having ties to the area, sort of, for as long you've been here.

Just one moose's opinions, of course. Your mileage may vary. Offer void where prohibited by law.

Yup.

Last edited:

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
A lot guys used to think like you, simply incorrect full stop, and had jobs up in Minneapolis at Target. One day they all said "if a Target store can be successful in Tampa, or Nashville, or Vegas, there's no reason it can't be successful in Canada. There's nothing inherent in the latitude, or the climate, or the demographics.".

:laugh: holy non sequitur, Batman! Perhaps it was the difference between countries? Hmmm? Maybe they underestimated whoever the big box equivalent is up there? Whatever.

Here's another one - People also thought Blackberry would always lead market share for smartphones. But they made mistakes as did Target and look at em now! Some of them are very disappointed, and many of them spent a lot of time in the Coyote threads...can you guess why? I'm sure you read a lot of posts by them while doing your megathread research.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
it's been pretty systemic. and predictable. even you have to admit that. or not.

Yep, I admit it.

Girls can be one of the 'guys', or 'dudes'... just look at 'Broad City'.

True. Nevertheless, the amazing Mrs. Moose lectures me often that girls of a certain age should always be called women. Like I can tell their ages the way teens dress now.

I'm betting AM doesn't consider these major disasters. only you guys trying to portray them as major disasters. next time you're here and in Glendale, drive around and see if you can tell if they're a million short, and if you find blight, ask yourself if it wasn't like that already before 2003.

I'm betting he does consider these major. Never going back to Glendale, sadly, but I only made my first visit to Jobbing.com back in 2009. (Or 2008, not sure.)

And what I think you're lacking, is a lack of bias and an overestimation of the significance of those two points. You've been pretty much pounding the drum against AZ, despite your 'i've had properties down there' boasting of having ties to the area, sort of, for as long you've been here.

No, I have pounded the drum against the preposterous business tire fire that is the Coyotes. I've loved Arizona for years and am especially fond of Phoenix. At one time I had planned to snowbird in the city and, to coin a phrase, put my money where my mouth is. Sorry if that sounds like boasting.

Yup.

Well I screwed that up pretty thoroughly. My comments are interspersed with yours up above.

Sorry!

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
:laugh: holy non sequitur, Batman! Perhaps it was the difference between countries? Hmmm? Maybe they underestimated whoever the big box equivalent is up there? Whatever.

Here's another one - People also thought Blackberry would always lead market share for smartphones. But they made mistakes as did Target and look at em now! Some of them are very disappointed, and many of them spent a lot of time in the Coyote threads...can you guess why? I'm sure you read a lot of posts by them while doing your megathread research.

Non-sequitur? Not at all.

I think her point was excellent and punctured the inflated balloon guys often float here of "here's what I think and if you disagree you're obviously wrong."

Or they just dismiss things with "Whatever".

PS: Your Blackberry example just reinforces her point, ipso facto.

Reactions: Venial Cyn

MNNumbers

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2011
I'm quite capable of writing in formal English, when the purpose and venue require it. I can write in full sentences with correct spelling, grammar, syntax and punctuation. But why would I need to do it here?

You wash your hair and put on your face and skirt and heels to go to a club. When you go to 7-11, sweats and a scrunchie will do. Big difference.

This place is definitely a Sev.

You might not believe it, but in the days following the Coyotes BK, this place was definitely a fancy restaurant, night in the town. There were some very intelligent people here, with expertiseein accounting, finance, government, law, etc. It was a very informative place.

Sigh......

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
You might not believe it, but in the days following the Coyotes BK, this place was definitely a fancy restaurant, night in the town. There were some very intelligent people here, with expertiseein accounting, finance, government, law, etc. It was a very informative place.

Sigh......

It was.....

There’s a good 6-7 people I miss. Including a couple I went toe to toe with. But I could just spend the day, soak up what they all said and be a lot smarter for it.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
But don’t you just love it when people leave all the context out of it?

Context is everything. And usually the first thing that folks leave out.

Personal example. I can't count the times that people have joked/teased/insulted about the fact that Shakespeare said, "Let's kill all the lawyers." There's lots of modern banal equivalents, to wit: "What do you call 100 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean? A good start." Ad infinitum, ad nauseum. (DOM has stimulated my latin tonight, apparently...)

If you want context, Shakespeare's exact line ''The first thing we do, let's kill all the lawyers,'' was stated by Dick the Butcher in ''Henry VI,'' Part II, act IV, Scene II, Line 73. Those sufficiently educated to read the play will see that Dick is replying to the rebel leader who asks how he can overthrow law and order and install himself as king. If you want to get rid of justice and legal succession, he is told, the first thing you have to do is kill all the lawyers. Context is everything.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Your Blackberry example just reinforces her point, ipso facto.

My Blackberry example was an intentional 2nd example of a non sequitur, as hers was the first: nought to do with whether hockey could 'work' in Arizona. It also a hello to all the Hamilton people, if they're still around at all.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
My Blackberry example was an intentional 2nd example of a non sequitur, as hers was the first: nought to do with whether hockey could 'work' in Arizona. It also a hello to all the Hamilton people, if they're still around at all.

Saying 'non-sequitur' or 'whatever' simply shows you don't understand the point of the argument. Ergo, it is pointless to continue this discussion with you.

Have a great weekend!

Rob

Feb 27, 2002
New Brunswick
Visit site
This thread, like allll the others, is another ploy in an endless line of them, to tie a minor event to the eventual relocation of the Coyotes.

Is another potential bankruptcy considered a minor event? The rest is just a rant without substance. It has been well established that the franchise has been in trouble for 15 years now. If this was happening to a team in n the NFL it would be even bigger news.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Is another potential bankruptcy considered a minor event? .

No. And if this were one, it wouldn't be. Buuuuuut.....

....this isn't. Just more wishful thinking by a few people who really really really really really really want it to be.

Dirty Old Man

Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
Saying 'non-sequitur' or 'whatever' simply shows you don't understand the point of the argument. Ergo, it is pointless to continue this discussion with you.!

That's another non sequitur!

"a conclusion or statement that does not logically follow from the previous argument or statement",

or just a false statement followed by you getting frustrated.

Actually, you responded to me first, and other posts look funny with ignored posts missing. So my mistake, if any, was clicking the "show ignored content".

Mea culpa.

Pandemonia

Aug 30, 2020

Sigh......

Maybe. Been spending lots of nites going thru the mega thread (cant afford netflix lol) and mostly kindergarten name calling, pissing contests, and lots of mine is bigger than yours. Definately a sweats and popcorn place. Im hanging out in the Seattle rooms too and theyre way closer to a fancy restaurant.

Last edited:

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Fugu was smart and classy, Kilion sounds like he's stoned or worse most of the time.

Killy was like that box of chocolates you hear about in Forrest Gump. Never knew which one you’d get but never were left with a bad taste in your mouth. :laugh:

Foogs.... well..... there’s a reason her avatar is part of the site’s masthead above.

Stumbledore

Jan 1, 2018
Canada
Killy was like that box of chocolates you hear about in Forrest Gump. Never knew which one you’d get but never were left with a bad taste in your mouth. :laugh:

Foogs.... well..... there’s a reason her avatar is part of the site’s masthead above.

Lots of times I never got Killion. I enjoyed much of his stuff, learned quite a bit from him, and loved it when he stood up to the heavy-handed censorship that occasionally raises its head on here. But I lost count of how many times I read some of his stream of consciousness postings and couldn't figure out what he was trying to say. I can parse some pretty obscure legislative language and clauses when the need arises, usually taking 2-3 read throughs, but Killion could write dense paragraphs that I could read 10 times and still not have a clue what he meant. It wasn't case of wondering which chocolate you'd get so much as taking a bite and wondering what the hell, was that even chocolate?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad