Rumor: Coyotes still in market for Top 4 defenceman

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Read and Streit for a third

That is awful for Philly. I look forward to seeing people surprised by the return they actually fetch.

Hextall got a 3rd for Rinaldo. And a 3rd for Tye McGinn. And 2nd+4th(turned into 2nd) for blood clotted Timonen.

He won't give guys away for free.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Columbus will protect (bolded = NMC):
Foligno, Dubinsky, Hartnell, Saad, Atkinson, Jenner, Wennberg, Jones, Savard, Murray

J.Johnson is the odd man out. Could he be a fit?
Maybe him + Hartnell? IDK

westc2

Nov 2, 2015
St. Louis, MO
What's the purpose of this thread? The Coyotes are a rebuilding team. They're in the market for young players to build a core around. They aren't close to being a playoff team.

I have no idea why some Blues fans even brought up Shattenkirk. The only player the Blues would want from the Coyotes right now would be Domi, who is part of their young core I just talked about. The Coyotes are looking to add more players like Domi, not get rid of them.

The Blues are looking to trade Shattenkirk for an upgrade right NOW, not a future upgrade, so that throws out trading Shattenkirk for prospects or picks, and basically means Arizona is probably one of the bottom 5 trade targets for him.

Bluesnatic27

Aug 5, 2011
What's the purpose of this thread? The Coyotes are a rebuilding team. They're in the market for young players to build a core around. They aren't close to being a playoff team.

I have no idea why some Blues fans even brought up Shattenkirk. The only player the Blues would want from the Coyotes right now would be Domi, who is part of their young core I just talked about. The Coyotes are looking to add more players like Domi, not get rid of them.

The Blues are looking to trade Shattenkirk for an upgrade right NOW, not a future upgrade, so that throws out trading Shattenkirk for prospects or picks, and basically means Arizona is probably one of the bottom 5 trade targets for him.

Not many of the reported moves that the Blues have been in have been "upgrade right now" moves.

Armstrong's targets over the last year have been Drouin, Hall, packages including 1st round picks from Boston along with prospects like Khokhlachev, and maybe Pastrnak, although that could be media speculation. Other than Hall, none of those ideas at the time were current upgrade moves. Every indication so far is that Armstrong is looking to build up a strong future, not go on some crazy all in cup run right now.

In short, it isn't ridiculous that Armstrong might be interested in one of Arizona's forward prospects or one of their younger players instead of going all out for an immediate upgrade.

jmichael7753*

Jan 24, 2009

That is where you are wrong. Yes the yotes are young team but we're looking for veterans as well. Is more of a retool than a rebuild. they were in the playoff hunt for much of last season and ended up coming up 9 points short. this team is significantly better on paper. If mike smith stays healthy and plays like he did later in the season, the coyotes will be a playoff team.

Palmer2Fitz

Oct 2, 2015

There is so much wrong in this whole post.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia

Whe whole idea of adding reliable vets is to not rush kids and to not ask he kids to take all the hard minutes...protect them a bit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad