Confirmed with Link: Coyotes extend Travis Boyd (2 yr., $1.75M AAV)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
O'Brien and Boyd played together in Washington/Hershey. They'll both be eager to earn their keep.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Why would you want small guy who seems to do nothing at all well as your 13th forward? Why wouldn’t you rather someone who can actually do a noteworthy thing? Even if it’s Imama or O’Brien?

Maybe we got our eyes set on paying a little more for a 3rd line guy and decent bottom pair defenseman. Needed a body, had to go cheap, Boyd it is.

O'Brien and Boyd played together in Washington/Hershey. They'll both be eager to earn their keep.

Adds some context.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
1-way deal?!?!?

I have no idea what to make of this player.

Seems like he's light in the ass by NHL standards, and doesn't hit. Doesn't kill penalties or win face-offs. Yet he's only got a 0.33 points per game in the NHL (though, that's with only 10m TOI/GP), despite being a month away from turning 28.

I wouldn't normally bother commenting as I would assume this is an AHL signing. But then I read this quote from Bill Armstrong and I'm baffled:

"We are pleased to have Travis join the Coyotes," said Armstrong. "He is a versatile, two-way center who can fill a lot of different roles for our club."

The contract details are still listed as unconfirmed, have they said it's a 1-way deal?

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
1 year, 1 way, $750k
Still haven't seen it verified anywhere if it is a 1-way or 2-way. On their website roster O'Brien is listed and not Boyd. He would make a good veteran presence down in Tucson and O'Brien a better 13/14 forward up here.

LosPollosHermanos

Jan 29, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
What kind of signing is this? An absolutely non factor of a player, who literally brings zero to the table.

Shit, we should’ve traded one of our 40 seconds to the knights for Reaves! At least watching an angry Neanderthal beat the shit out of people every night would be entertaining

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
What kind of signing is this? An absolutely non factor of a player, who literally brings zero to the table.

Shit, we should’ve traded one of our 40 seconds to the knights for Reaves! At least watching an angry Neanderthal beat the shit out of people every night would be entertaining

At this point, we already have several options for violent Neanderthals in our system. Reaves would be redundant.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
We can grab Bunting on waivers later this year.

I would be very happy, but I think this will be a great contract for his new team. Perhaps not last two seasons Garland-territory, but halfway there.

KG

Sep 23, 2010
Never seen a replacement level player signing get 3 pages of posts on F40.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Look four posts up. It’s one-way.
??? Capfriend still hasn't took down the 'unconfirm' notice, otherwise it has updated the roster with 15 forwards. But I stand by my remark that O'Brien is more suited for the depth forward role than Boyd, plus he has a former connection with Coach Tour.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Never seen a replacement level player signing get 3 pages of posts on F40.
It’s a fairly baffling signing. It’s a one way deal and nobody can say for sure what he does that’s notable or how he fits into a role. And with huge gaping holes that obviously aren’t getting addressed, I think many of us are coming to terms with the idea that the GM isn’t just rebuilding but outright tanking, and not just tanking but going for the worst record in the league, and likely sneaking into the top five worst records of this century.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
??? Capfriend still hasn't took down the 'unconfirm' notice, otherwise it has updated the roster with 15 forwards. But I stand by my remark that O'Brien is more suited for the depth forward role than Boyd, plus he has a former connection with Coach Tour.

It’s a confirmed one-way deal. It doesn’t get more confirmed than that.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I think many of us are coming to terms with the idea that the GM isn’t just rebuilding but outright tanking

I just think nobody worthwhile in the UFA pool wants to be within 100 miles of a full rebuild. I don't think BA's actively staying away from people to try to get Wright. It's a renaissance of the Maloney bankruptcy years before Tippett got the team back into contention.

87turbobuick

Jan 13, 2011
Phoenix
And with our luck even if we get the first overall pick, Wright could be a Yakupov, Stefan or if we are a little bit lucky maybe RNH or Hischier.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad