Confirmed with Link: Coyotes extend Travis Boyd (2 yr., $1.75M AAV)

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Good signing.

1. He's capable of keeping up with Keller and Schmaltz on offense enough that there's no sense in losing him for now.
2. The cost might actually be a benefit considering the contract and cap status of the next couple of seasons.
3. He's probably worth a third at best at the deadline and if they can't get anything better, then it's quite clear his value to the team is greater.
4. He's a good role model.
5. He's defensively sound which is something a lot of the young guys need good examples of.
6. He can slot up and down the line-up as the team transitions in the next couple of seasons without issue.
7. He wants to be here.
Good post.:thumbu:

Reactions: ck26

BAdvocate

Mediocrity is the enemy of any Dynasty
Feb 27, 2003
youtu.be
Congrats to Boyd! You earned it. I wonder if they'll offer Galchenyuk a similar extension. Would be good to have 2 unselfish guys who want to be here providing enough on the ice and likely a lot more intangibles.

I wish we had a few more of those types in the Coyotes forums which is miserable, borderline nasty today.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Congrats to Boyd! You earned it. I wonder if they'll offer Galchenyuk a similar extension. Would be good to have 2 unselfish guys who want to be here providing enough on the ice and likely a lot more intangibles.

I wish we had a few more of those types in the Coyotes forums which is miserable, borderline nasty today.
I’m okay with re-signing Galchenyuk but for half the term and half the aav.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
It’s really funny looking at the dearth of excitement when we initially signed him compared to now. Dude has proven to be solid all-around guy.

He reminds me of what we wanted Stepan to be, but with a little less offense

rt

May 13, 2004
It’s really funny looking at the dearth of excitement when we initially signed him compared to now. Dude has proven to be solid all-around guy.

He reminds me of what we wanted Stepan to be, but with a little less offense
Yeah. I guess you had to see him and know people who know him to understand his potential. Certainly weren’t gonna get it from looking at data alone.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
I’m okay with re-signing Galchenyuk but for half the term and half the aav.
I'd still wait, before offering a 20% raise, after the draft. Get a clearer indication of roster building and the belief that GMBA is going to be very active at the draft.

rt

May 13, 2004
I'd still wait, before offering a 20% raise, after the draft. Get a clearer indication of roster building and the belief that GMBA is going to be very active at the draft.
I just want to see him play another 24 games. Will they look more like his last 12 or more like his first 12?

Last edited:
Reactions: Schemp

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I wouldn't bring back Beagle. He has looked okay in spurts this season but he is right on the precipice of being totally done.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
I wouldn't bring back Beagle. He has looked okay in spurts this season but he is right on the precipice of being totally done.

Exactly...plus the team is clicking right now and no reason to disrupt the chemistry that is going on. Beagle really doesn't have a spot? Who's he going to replace?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
I"d like to see Galchenyuk here for at least a season or two so there is less pressure to bring up the draft choices to be made this next draft. Yea, there's going to be an influx of talent but I don't want the team to become too young, too fast.

Dirty Old Man

So funny I forgot to laugh
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2008
Ostrich City
My dad said he quits during playoffs
Hehe...never a bad time for an airplane! reference...

"Murdock: But just remember, my name is ROGER MURDOCK. I'm an airline pilot.
Joey: I think you're the greatest, but my dad says you don't work hard enough on defence. And he says that lots of times, you don't even run down court. And that you don't really try... except during the playoffs.
Murdock: The hell I don't!! ( grabs Joey by collar ) LISTEN KID! I've been hearing that crap ever since I was at UCLA. I'm out there busting my buns every night. Tell your old man to drag Walton and Lanier up and down the court for 48 minutes"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad