Confirmed with Link: Coyotes extend Travis Boyd (2 yr., $1.75M AAV)

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona
It's clear that Armstrong is all in on a scorched earth rebuild from top to bottom. Pretty much everyone in the organization has 12 months or less tenure and he's cut the team to the bone on the NHL roster and below. It makes total sense to sign all these scrap heap guys to fill the roster until the prospects start trickling in. No need to spend any more money than he has to especially considering all the cash he's burning by eating bad contracts for draft picks. Ticket revenue will suck and I'd imagine poor TV ratings will hurt sponsorship money. Forget corporate money while you still have no lease and a garbage team. So why sign an average or slightly above average guy for $3mil when you can get 2 or 3 scrap heap guys for the same money and aid the tank at that same time?

Whether we get a generational guy or not is pure luck. I'd bet the house that Armstrong isn't counting on that. He's trying to build a solid talent pool that will result in a winner. Getting that McDavid/Crosby/Matthews player would make everything easier/faster/better. Hopefully giving us shit to watch in the mean time pays off eventually.

LittlePipes

Vortech V7
Feb 22, 2020
We are fixing to score the least and give up the most. It is gonna be very ugly. The Sharks total losses record could be in jeopardy.
And while I guess I can support the strategy... it’s gonna be very humiliating and depressing for the coaches and players. That sucks.

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
Boyd has played with O'BRIEN before. I'm expecting Boyd as our 4th line RW and O'Brien to play C.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Reading the comments of when we signed Boyd, and now he's tied for the team lead in goals. :laugh: Admittedly, it's a low bar, but he's been a pleasant surprise.

Reactions: zerekstar

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
You're dreaming in technicolour - no way BA pulls a second for Boyd. I don't blame you for dreaming big of course.

Edit - unless that was a play on the insane number of 2nds BA and co have already accumulated and I took the bait? :dunno:

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Only 19 shots. While it's a great shooting percentage, I'd say his good fortune is unlikely to continue at the same rate.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
You're dreaming in technicolour - no way BA pulls a second for Boyd. I don't blame you for dreaming big of course.

Edit - unless that was a play on the insane number of 2nds BA and co have already accumulated and I took the bait? :dunno:
It was more funny with the 2nd.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I'd have rather traded him for a pick. Second choice would have been a 1-year extension. No big deal though. Curious where they see him fitting into the lineup next season.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I'd have rather traded him for a pick. Second choice would have been a 1-year extension. No big deal though. Curious where they see him fitting into the lineup next season.
Depends on the pick. If the offer is a 6th or 7th then re-sign. Big difference than a 2nd or 3rd especially when we already have 14 picks.

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad