Rumor: Coyotes rebranding to Kachina head logo

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Our revers retro should be ASU colors with a Kachina and ASU sunburst logo mashup.

Use the maroon and gold. But use the Sunburst perimeter as the trim. Use the Two tone Kachina head only, and add it to our helmets for a completely unique look (like the Devils did with the sun devil for a short time).
I'd love that but I could see fans that graduated from UA, GCU, and NAU acting hurt, even though giving ASU some reps makes sense given location.

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Our revers retro should be ASU colors with a Kachina and ASU sunburst logo mashup.

Use the maroon and gold. But use the Sunburst perimeter as the trim. Use the Two tone Kachina head only, and add it to our helmets for a completely unique look (like the Devils did with the sun devil for a short time).
I’ve said in the past that I would love it if we rebranded to an ASU color scheme full time. Granted this was before we went back to the kachinas. I doubt we see an actual full rebrand anytime soon though.

RemoAZ

Let it burn
Mar 30, 2010
Glendale, Arizona

That's actually a pretty good idea and beats the hell out of powder puff purple. I'd still prefer the Rattler's color scheme as it's more traditional Arizona colors but that will never happen because, of course, I'd like it.

Reactions: Imaravencawcaw

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
That's actually a pretty good idea and beats the hell out of powder puff purple. I'd still prefer the Rattler's color scheme as it's more traditional Arizona colors but that will never happen because, of course, I'd like it.
I would absolutely love to steal the entire Rattlers brand. The name, the copper helmets, everything. It's the coolest sports brand in the state, IMO.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006
I'd love that but I could see fans that graduated from UA, GCU, and NAU acting hurt, even though giving ASU some reps makes sense given location.

Screw GCU, IMO, but it'd be cool to do alternates in UA and NAU club hockey colors for special occasions. Although, like @rt said, playing at ASU might make those sweaters unpopular... :D

Reactions: YotesFan47

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Why copy another team's scheme? Isn't part of the reason of getting away for red is it's too similar to the Diamondbacks and Cardinals?

Reactions: Jakey53

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Why copy another team's scheme? Isn't part of the reason of getting away for red is it's too similar to the Diamondbacks and Cardinals?
Oh I just meant for one season of Reverse Retros. In the inaugural season in the ASU barn only. As a sort of a thank you and a way to really drive home the partnership with ASU and with Tempe. The two entities are basically the same, anyway. Tempe is ASU.

Like instead of doing a purple theme, do a sun devils theme for a year. Then the next time they roll around, do like a sugar skull, dia de Los muertos theme or something. Mix it up.

Do the student band on RR nights in year one. Then do some big Spanish language acts during the sugar skill RR nights the year after or whatever.

I’m just looking at this bizarre three year period in the tiny barn as a big experiment in community outreach and unique ideas to build and expand the brand beyond the traditional demographic. That model hasn’t been sustainable anyhow. And this is a no-risk period, where they’re just burning resources anyway. It’s all loss anyhow. Might as well get innovative.

They should honestly give Paul Bissonnette a VP title and a three figure salary. Something with words like Promotions and Events and Community and Culture and Innovation, blah blah blah in the title.

He’s a homegrown resource that has an undeniable track record of connecting this game to casual fans in a resonant way that goes way behind the action on the ice.

CaptnNemo

Nov 4, 2016
They should also rename the team and call em the Arizona Skinwalkers!

That would scare the shit outa everybody.. 🤔😁

P. s.. I know how serious this subject is for some but it's only a joke.. With the head logo it instantly made me think of that.

Peace!

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Oh I just meant for one season of Reverse Retros. In the inaugural season in the ASU barn only. As a sort of a thank you and a way to really drive home the partnership with ASU and with Tempe. The two entities are basically the same, anyway. Tempe is ASU.

Like instead of doing a purple theme, do a sun devils theme for a year. Then the next time they roll around, do like a sugar skull, dia de Los muertos theme or something. Mix it up.

Do the student band on RR nights in year one. Then do some big Spanish language acts during the sugar skill RR nights the year after or whatever.

I’m just looking at this bizarre three year period in the tiny barn as a big experiment in community outreach and unique ideas to build and expand the brand beyond the traditional demographic. That model hasn’t been sustainable anyhow. And this is a no-risk period, where they’re just burning resources anyway. It’s all loss anyhow. Might as well get innovative.

They should honestly give Paul Bissonnette a VP title and a three figure salary. Something with words like Promotions and Events and Community and Culture and Innovation, blah blah blah in the title.

He’s a homegrown resource that has an undeniable track record of connecting this game to casual fans in a resonant way that goes way behind the action on the ice.
Bissonnette, what a treasure. Your last paragraph hit the nail on the head. That's his special sauce. He' like "one of the guys".

Howie Young

Jun 30, 2022
Definitely could get behind a purple (darker), green, and copper/sienna color scheme. Would be great to eliminate black from the color scheme, especially the solid black pants which are worn by way too many teams. Hardly unique. Would prefer the howling
coyote logo but would be ok with the kachina head with the mask portion removed and replaced with what's on the other half of the face/head. I agree with a previous post that recommended the howling logo be included on a third sweater. Good thing that the kachina was developed in '96 before the term "cultural appropriation" was in vouge. Don't think the white intelligentsia would allow the local tribal leaders to sign off on it in today's environment. What's up with that video? Wasn't as diverse as it should be. The only whites I saw were the images of the players. Oh well,
with only 5,000 seats to fill, I'm sure the team won't have any problem filling them with "people of color".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad