Friedman: Coyotes gauging the market on Chychrun

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
Vilardi, Turcotte, Kupari, Madden, Faber, etc.

We have more than enough assets to get the job done.

Not to mention guys like Byfield and Clarke who probably wouldn't need to be moved to make a deal.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I don't think LA would sell on Byfield that quickly. If he pans out, he would be a big star (well relative for a hockey player) in that market.

My personal opinion of Byfield is lower than most, but even then 23 yr old #1 d-men signed at a reasonable cap hit don't come along often. If Byfield is what it takes to get it done then thats an easy yes. Kopitar, Doughty and Quick are still productive. Lets make the most of it

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
My personal opinion of Byfield is lower than most, but even then 23 yr old #1 d-men signed at a reasonable cap hit don't come along often. If Byfield is what it takes to get it done then thats an easy yes. Kopitar, Doughty and Quick are still productive. Lets make the most of it

That's your personal opinion, I don't think LA's front office sees it the same way.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
Boeser + Klimovich + Jurmo + 2nd
Boeser isnt going to fit the age of the new core and is due a large qualifying offer next season . I can’t see him being open to negotiating a long term contract with Arizona so he holds very little value for them. The prospects are ok but not compared to the names being bandied about here.

Last edited:
Reactions: Moose and Squirrel

FameFlame069

Oct 2, 2017
Pelletier/Zary + 22 1st + Kylington/Valimaki + Monahan(cap)
I'd say Pelletier + Kylington OR Zary + Valimaki if I were to pick the prospects going out(but this is just my proposal)

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I know Friedman is an insider and all, but your GM refused to comment and your next line is that they're trying to gauge interest? Where the hell does that come from?

Cause we Coyotes fans haven't heard a single whisper all season.

Reactions: Mosby

KBobs

Dec 26, 2013
Canada
I know Friedman is an insider and all, but your GM refused to comment and your next line is that they're trying to gauge interest? Where the hell does that come from?

Cause we Coyotes fans haven't heard a single whisper all season.

Clearly other GM's and league executives who have confirmed.

As an aside - how long do the Coyotes want to be bad for? Fans in Houston won't see playoffs until the end of the decade at this rate.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Clearly other GM's and league executives who have confirmed.

As an aside - how long do the Coyotes want to be bad for? Fans in Houston won't see playoffs until the end of the decade at this rate.

Seems like a pretty good timeline for them if they can manage to get a team in Houston in the next 10 years and still be competitive.

Oops, why did I bother to come to the mainboards at all :dunno:

Reactions: Stubu and Edenjung

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It would hurt. Think your team’s legit blue chip (talking leaguewide, not the big fish in a little pond definition) prospect or equivalent young player, preferably at a premium position as the base piece.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I feel like the only teams that could and would meet the demand are LA (Byfield+) or NYR (Lafreniere+ or Kakko+). Maybe I'm wrong, but I think most other teams would offer up more quantity rather than quality

Reactions: Ebbisen and banks

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
can't wait to see all the garbage offers from the homers.

but seriously he's going to get a haul and anyone who can't see that should probably start following a different sport.

And I mean actual top prospects. Not a bunch of over hyped b prospects and late firsts because let's be serious a couple fanbase homers are for sure going to be offering them soon.

Reactions: Nowotny

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Crouse (50%) & Chychrun
for
Robertson, Niemela, Holl, Ritchie/Mikheyev/Cap & 1st

Once you take the garbage out your offering robertson,niemila and a late first for both crouse and chyckrun.

That offer is laughable. While robertson and niemela are decent prospects they are heavily overrated by leaf fans.

Other teams will easily blow this offer out of the water.

Yorkshire Leaf

Nov 13, 2014
The City of York
Once you take the garbage out your offering robertson,niemila and a late first for both crouse and chyckrun.

That offer is laughable. While robertson and niemela are decent prospects they are heavily overrated by leaf fans.

Other teams will easily blow this offer out of the water.

There have already been significantly better offers posted before this, I can only apologise on behalf of the Leafs, their fans and the world at large.

I do wonder if people truly believe these are good offers and expect others teams fans to agree with them for star players.

lawrence

May 19, 2012
let the bid wars commence. Hopefully the trade list is beyond 2 teams. Or else they got em by the balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad