Post-Game Talk: Coyotes Gagner 5-1

gurru991

Dec 14, 2014
Edmonton
Eichel was drafted by Halifax and refused to report there when they had MacKinnon and Drouin. Do u think he will come here to this mess?

No I don't think he will & I can't really blame him but the problem is that we will almost certainly finish dead last again next year so what would be the point. Maybe demand a trade in training camp.

phaedrusDH

Jul 6, 2009
i went to the USA-SWE WJC exhibition game last night and then came home to watch the 3rd period. after the two quick goals i shut it off.

last night i dreamt of Eichel and Hanifin.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
I dread the days when I look at the schedule and there is an Oiler game on. I hate wasting my precious time watching this team that folded after game 10 of 82. I'm excited for the Rogers freeview to be done so I can no longer access this BS.

SR

Mar 31, 2008
Arizona
Did any sweaters get tossed? Did they get booed??? Did Lowe get fired? anything?

Theres a picture of Doan picking up a Edmonton sweater floating around somewhere.

I hate that the Oilers are still a lackluster. Coyotes are no better, both are equally as ******, but Edmonton has some serious talent. Somethings gotta give in Edmonton, no?

SPIRIT

Mar 12, 2014
Theres a picture of Doan picking up a Edmonton sweater floating around somewhere.

I hate that the Oilers are still a lackluster. Coyotes are no better, both are equally as ******, but Edmonton has some serious talent. Somethings gotta give in Edmonton, no?

dynamic_resize

This one hurts more than our players having to pick it up.

Losing can be dealt with.

Losing so bad your opposition is sympathetic is... pathetic.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
Every guy on this team should be ashamed.

It's one thing to lose, but to flat out play like you don't give a damn is absolutely unacceptable.

Look in the mirror boys.

trent_vinyl

Jul 5, 2005
Did Purcell even play tonight? Honestly?
Purcell was brutal this evening. I could tell that from his first shift. He just didn't have it, but yet he kept on being thrown out there and played almost 5 minutes of PP time. Incredible.

I'd also like to mention Pitlick. It's becoming quite apparent to me that he's not an NHLer.

Xelebes

Jun 10, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
Are we not on pace for our worst season yet?

Just Brutal!

It is looking like this seson will join these teams for awfulness.

1917-1918 Montreal Wanderers
1919-1920 Quebec City Bulldogs
1924-1925 Boston Bruins
1929-1930 Pittsburgh Pirates
1930-1931 Philadelphia Quakers
1940-1941 New York Americans
1942-1943 New York Rangers
1943-1944 New York Rangers
1944-1945 New York Rangers
1961-1962 Boston Bruins
1969-1970 Los Angeles Kings
1972-1973 New York Islanders
1973-1974 California Golden Seals
1974-1975 Washington Capitals
1974-1975 Kansas City Scouts
1975-1976 Washington Capitals
1975-1976 Kansas City Scouts
1978-1979 Colorado Rockies
1980-1981 Winnipeg Jets
1982-1983 Pittsburgh Penguins
1982-1983 Hartford Whalers
1983-1984 Pittsburgh Penguins
1985-1986 Detroit Red Wings
1989-1990 Quebec Nordiques
1991-1992 San Jose Sharks
1992-1993 Ottawa Senators
1992-1993 San Jose Sharks
1993-1994 Ottawa Senators
1999-2000 Atlanta Thrashers

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
More than half of those losses were with a one goal difference. Maybe just a bit better goaltending would've changed the whole picture. Scrivens and Fasth are career backups.

This ignores that when these two goaliies play fantastic, and theres been several of those games already, the team still loses. So for the goalies its a double edged sword. Play fantastic and everbody else is subpar. Let in some weak goals and it forces the team to play with the intensity it should..

These are goalies that know whats going on here and have both referenced it.

This team plays well enough to lose and are apparently fine with bringing that level of commitment. To quote Friedman last night the Oilers don't have 20 players bringing it. Nothing close.

dssource

5-14-6-1=97
Jun 29, 2012
Didn't go through the whole thread here, so not sure if anyone mentioned that the Yotes have 12 wins to the Oilers 7. 5 of the Yotes wins are against the Oilers which pretty much makes us an even team. They can't even come close to beating a team at their own level. Pathetic! This whole squad should be demoted.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
The players have obviously quit, wouldn't surprise me if several guys are trying to get traded. The locker room has to be putrid.

I said in the offseason that trading Gagner was one of the stupidest things because you just know he, Yak, Hall, Eberle, Nuge are sharing notes on what its like. Its EXTREMELY fortunate however for the Oilers that Tampa did not retain Gagner and instead sent him to the Arizona gulag. If Gagner was enjoying playing on a good competitive team all these guys would be talking to agents already. If they haven't..

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Same to you BBO. I'm taking that game as one of my Christmas presents this year. :p:

Why not, like I said, I'm glad that some of our fans got some actual enjoyment out of that game as enjoyment for this team has been few and far between.

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Didn't go through the whole thread here, so not sure if anyone mentioned that the Yotes have 12 wins to the Oilers 7. 5 of the Yotes wins are against the Oilers which pretty much makes us an even team. They can't even come close to beating a team at their own level. Pathetic! This whole squad should be demoted.

I brought up that the Yotes have only 18pts in games not involving these two clubs. The Oil have 21...

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
Why not, like I said, I'm glad that some of our fans got some actual enjoyment out of that game as enjoyment for this team has been few and far between.

Nice sentiment Bryan. Merry Christmas as well.

Hopefully it won't be long before Nelson is able to have this team under his own wing and turn it into a team. Without MacT compounding things.

doulos

Oct 4, 2007
Congrats on Sammy Snowpants finally having more points than Arcobello. If only he played the Oilers 82 games a year he might be a relevant player again.

GDU

Dec 19, 2008
I said in the offseason that trading Gagner was one of the stupidest things because you just know he, Yak, Hall, Eberle, Nuge are sharing notes on what its like. Its EXTREMELY fortunate however for the Oilers that Tampa did not retain Gagner and instead sent him to the Arizona gulag. If Gagner was enjoying playing on a good competitive team all these guys would be talking to agents already. If they haven't..

If sam gagner played on Tampa he would be a healthy scratch for most of the season, maybe take a look at their roster and think for a second before you make a comment like this...

the reason TB traded gagner is because he simply is not good enough to crack their top 6...

as far as the four players on the oilers you mentioned, i'm pretty sure they have already checked out and didn't need gagner's "intel" on what other teams are like, these guys train with other teams players during the offseason...

i have no idea why you think gagner is somehow the "kingpin" of all that is wrong with the oilers...

the reality is gagner was another wasted draftpick... he was the wrong pick (way to go scouting staff) he was rushed into the nhl when he was not ready (way to go gm) and he was placed into a situation where he was never going to succeed...

the fact he is so high on points for his draft year is simply a matter of a team forcing a player into playing when he should have been honing his skills elsewhere and turning into a decent nhl player, which he still could be given his young age... (see dan cleary)

lampshade*

Gotta love Hallsys attitude; the team needs a well deserved break and to hit that mysterious "reset" button that has been referenced multiple times this year. Atta boy Taylor go take a break. Of all the cities in Canada a blue collar one like Edmonton should be able to agree with this. I mean the rig hands or green horns or whatever they are called who have been grinding life arnt getting a break but Hallsy and the boys deserve one. You can lead a horse to the water but you cant make it drink. Yes Hall is the horse and the water is common sense. This "kid" will never get it.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Gotta love Hallsys attitude; the team needs a well deserved break and to hit that mysterious "reset" button that has been referenced multiple times this year. Atta boy Taylor go take a break. Of all the cities in Canada a blue collar one like Edmonton should be able to agree with this. I mean the rig hands or green horns or whatever they are called who have been grinding life arnt getting a break but Hallsy and the boys deserve one. You can lead a horse to the water but you cant make it drink. Yes Hall is the horse and the water is common sense. This "kid" will never get it.

To be honest... after losing 19 of 20 games, a break away from the rink is probably the exact thing they need. The mindset of this team is just poison right now. They do need to reset somehow. Cause as it stands now, if something can go wrong it will go wrong and thats what is going through absolutely everyones head at the moment.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

Funny how Tampa doesn't agree. They chose cap space over Gagner and wanted nothing to do with him. I wonder why.

Doesn't look to me like they are regretting that decision one bit either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad