Coyotes fire GM Don Maloney

Status
Not open for further replies.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
719912824504328192[/MEDIA]

Simmons is a Toronto sports/hockey columnist FYI.

But the other reports are that the Coyotes are in no hurry to pick a GM so just cause they haven't asked yet doesn't mean they won't later.

I'm not saying it will happen though; I'm inclined to believe what Leafs fans say about him being in training for their job down the line.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Futa is the No. 2 guy in LA to Dean Lombardi. Extensive background in scouting and in the OHL. Responsible for drafting many of the key players that led the Kings to 2 Cups. He was in the running for the Leafs job before they hired Lou. Also pro analytics.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Guys. If it's not Les Jackson doesn't Tippett just threaten to leave? I think the whole facade that we are out there doing this exhaustive search is a complete joke.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I'm with Mosby. Futa likes young players, don't expect him to be the type to trade off young guys and picks for nothing.

Plus GMMF looks awesomely inappropriate. "That MF sure did pull off a great trade."

Sold.

:laugh:Had to read that a couple of times before I caught on. He's my guy now also.:nod:

CC96

Serious Offender
Nov 6, 2012
Mesa, Arizona
Guys. If it's not Les Jackson doesn't Tippett just threaten to leave? I think the whole facade that we are out there doing this exhaustive search is a complete joke.

If Dave doesn't like it, let him cry his way out of his contract via the out clause he wouldn't shut up about last year.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

No, and I think they will do their due diligence.

kihekah19*

Oct 25, 2010
Phoenix, Arizona

I fear you're starting to buy into all the rhetoric of the hateful ones. Tippett wants to win, it's really that simple and I doubt he's so deranged that he would jeopardize that.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I fear you're starting to buy into all the rhetoric of the hateful ones. Tippett wants to win, it's really that simple and I doubt he's so deranged that he would jeopardize that.

I buy into Tippett has provided some bad input on roster decisions. I think that's an established fact.

I like Tippett as coach. I think he's a fantastic coach. I'm just concerned on his influence on roster decisions given the previous history. Anyone not concerned I think is lieing.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX

Barroway may feel empowered to make a stand on the GM choice and force DT to compromise with Futa or MacIver. Drummond is the dolt who thinks the Coyotes should be making the playoffs every year, regardless of context. Barroway was in favor of the proper rebuild, from what has been said.

I think giving DT his wish, but then immediately countering with a guy that has zero loyalty to him is a smart move (in a situation that shouldn't have happened). And it's not like Futa or MacIver aren't massively qualified.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Barroway may feel empowered to make a stand on the GM choice and force DT to compromise with Futa or MacIver. Drummond is the dolt who thinks the Coyotes should be making the playoffs every year, regardless of context. Barroway was in favor of the proper rebuild, from what has been said.

I think giving DT his wish, but then immediately countering with a guy that has zero loyalty to him is a smart move (in a situation that shouldn't have happened). And it's not like Futa or MacIver aren't massively qualified.

Hope you are right.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Gilman or Jackson would be stooges. They'd be cheap too. I'd be really worried if they were named to the post. Futa or MacIver will be expensive, but with great resumes. They would be a move in the right direction, and possibly an upgrade.

Shepard

Apr 13, 2012
Futa sounds like a great option from what you guys are saying, but I'm not optimistic the Kings would even let us talk to him.

He's that way most of the time, though.

I'm sure a few tears were shed when Moss left. :naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad