Confirmed with Link: Coyotes facilitate Kane to NYR

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
We’re eating money for a pick here so BS we wont take back money in other deals.
I personally think the whole "Yotes dont want to take money back in other deals" has more to do with wanting to give roster spots to young guys like Carcone, Jenik, Smith, Koly, etc. a look rather than being concerned about expenses.

Reactions: Bonsai Tree

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Main reason you do this is if you trade Schmaltz, Ghost, and Chych to stay above the floor.

Last edited:

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I personally think the whole "Yotes dont want to take money back in other deals" has more to do with wanting to give roster spots to young guys like Carcone, Jenik, Smith, Koly, etc. a look rather than being concerned about expenses.
Carcone is pretty old. Not to nitpick but I’ve seen a lot of this on Twitter where people see him as a prospect. Journeyman AHLer.

Reactions: Jakey53

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Isn’t he owed 2.9 after SB? And season is like 75% through “ish”? Napkin math tells me just under a mil. But I’m pretty dumb. Haha.
If we assume 75% of the season is through then he is owed $725,000. If AZ ate 25% that equates to $181,250. That's roughly a 3rd or 4th round pick or an unsigned NCAA prospect.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Main reason you do this is if you trade Schmaltz, Ghost, and Chych to say above the floor.
I like where your head is at. You really know how to spook me and shoot my blood pressure up.

If we assume 75% of the season is through then he is owed $725,000. If AZ ate 25% that equates to $181,250. That's roughly a 3rd or 4th round pick or an unsigned NCAA prospect.
Haha. Forgot about the original retention. We are only half of the half. Told ya I am dumb!!!

Burn the last slot on Ghost (Edmonton?) and send Chychrun to maybe Pittsburgh.
Yeah. The whole “A LOT is bubbling under the surface there” comment from Friedman may prove to be prophetic. We may be going scorched earth this week

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
What’s scorched earth? Schmaltz beyond the obvious three? I don’t see rumours surrounding anyone else even Veggie

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017
Carcone is pretty old. Not to nitpick but I’ve seen a lot of this on Twitter where people see him as a prospect. Journeyman AHLer.
I hear you but you get the point. Give the "kids" who have been grinding it out in the A a chance to prove themselves.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
What’s scorched earth? Schmaltz beyond the obvious three? I don’t see rumours surrounding anyone else even Veggie
My brother the Sabre fans thinks Buf is in on Chychrun and Veggie. I just don't see Veggie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad