Post-Game Talk: Coyotes def. Eddie Lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
So do we just ride Lack like a rented mule for the rest of the year now? Or start Markstrom against San Jose this weekend :laugh:

PM

Glass not 1/2 full
Apr 8, 2014
At least we got a point. Not sure why the team seems to play so tired all the time. They just look tired.

Not sure what it is, but someone needs to find an answer and a solution to losing to teams like Jersey, Buffalo, and Zona.

They took away their sleep doctors man! Look what's happened to them now. Zombies they are. Nothing worse then not getting a good nights sleep.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
So do we just ride Lack like a rented mule for the rest of the year now? Or start Markstrom against San Jose this weekend :laugh:

Well we play SJ, ANA, LA, TOR, PHI, CBJ, LA in the next 7 games. Which game can you trust Markstrom to (potentially) not throw away two points again? Toronto? Philly? Options are limited right now.

PancakeHero

May 13, 2013
Pawnee
Ah yes. After a crap game, the typical "the sky is falling crowd" vomits forth their histrionics.

Phoenix played their arses off tonight. Saw this coming from a mile away.

LiveeviL

No unique points
Jan 5, 2009
Sweden
Well we play SJ, ANA, LA, TOR, PHI, CBJ, LA in the next 7 games. Which game can you trust Markstrom to (potentially) not throw away two points again? Toronto? Philly? Options are limited right now.

The game when Tanev is back, or at least Bieksa. The team cannot both go with depleted D and the third goalie in the same game. Edler back helped, but it is apparently not enough.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The game when Tanev is back, or at least Bieksa. The team cannot both go with depleted D and the third goalie in the same game. Edler back helped, but it is apparently not enough.

Well considering Tanev isn't even skating anymore, looks like Markstrom won't be playing for awhile.

vanarchy

May 3, 2013
I think most people in this section expected this team to be fighting for a wildcard spot towards the end but it was nice feeling like we didn't have to for awhile. :(

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Yeah, I don't know how people come up with this stuff.

You scratch Bonino and who takes his place at center? Vey? He's already being crucified. Imagine someone like him or someone from Utica playing Bonino's minutes while still being asked to produce at a 2nd liner rate (which Bones is doing).

Just ridiculous.

People are starting to get on his case because he's disappeared.

Oct 8 points in 10 games
Nov 11 in 14
Dec 2 in 11
Jan 4 in 12
Feb 1 in 7

something like 8 points in his last 31 games. He can't carry a line, he's a complementary player in the top 6 and Benning needs to find this team a real 2C.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Yeah, I don't know how people come up with this stuff.

You scratch Bonino and who takes his place at center? Vey? He's already being crucified. Imagine someone like him or someone from Utica playing Bonino's minutes while still being asked to produce at a 2nd liner rate (which Bones is doing).

Just ridiculous.

Sorry, did you actually watch him play since he's been back?

kanucks25

Chris Tanev #1 Fan
Nov 29, 2013
Surrey, BC
People are starting to get on his case because he's disappeared.

Oct 8 points in 10 games
Nov 11 in 14
Dec 2 in 11
Jan 4 in 12
Feb 1 in 7

something like 8 points in his last 31 games. He can't carry a line, he's a complementary player in the top 6 and Benning needs to find this team a real 2C.

I'll just quote myself from another thread:

I will agree that he's hasn't produced as much lately after starting the season red hot. However, you can't just forget about that early production because 2 points meant the same then as they do now.

Unless he's only getting his points on late goals in blowout games, it doesn't really matter when he got his points. His points have helped us win games.

Just because you say he isn't a real 2C doesn't make it true. His production, with the type of minutes he plays, tells us he is one.

How many 2Cs "carry" their line anyway? Guys like Malkin, Carter and Bergeron are only 2Cs because of another elite player on their team. They would be 1st line centers on other teams. Good luck finding a player like this to play behind Henrik, especially at a cost we can actually afford. I can't think of any 2Cs that aren't good enough to be 1Cs but carry their bad line-mates on the 2nd line anyway.

Bonino is 0.5PPG and it's pretty much all even-strength. If the 2nd PP unit could produce even a little he'd be a 50 point center that plays against tough competition and there are very few of these in the league. Sure, he is part of the problem on the PP but he's also been forced to make it work with complete (offensive) plugs like Dorsett, Hamhuis and Bieksa and 3rd liners like Higgins and Hansen.

He's also out-produced Higgins and Burrows, two guys that some think are better "2nd liners" than him (and Burrows has had a decent amount of time with the Sedins both ES and PP). The only time Bonino has had an undisputed top-6 line-mate is the last handful of games with Vrbata (and that's only ES).

Sorry, did you actually watch him play since he's been back?

Yes, looks fines to me. :dunno: He could be better but so could half of our lineup.

Last edited:

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
oh those brutal giveaways within the first 5 mins of ot. right up the middle. picked off passes. but lack was there to bail him out

VanillaCoke

Oct 30, 2013
Couldve won wuite a few more games if the power play wasnt hit garbage. Like laughably bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad