Post-Game Talk: Coyotes def. Eddie Lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
People are starting to get on his case because he's disappeared.

Oct 8 points in 10 games
Nov 11 in 14
Dec 2 in 11
Jan 4 in 12
Feb 1 in 7

something like 8 points in his last 31 games. He can't carry a line, he's a complementary player in the top 6 and Benning needs to find this team a real 2C.

or an all-star winger. i mean, with the right linemates bonino could be as good as... tyler bozak.

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Get Dorsett off the ****ing second line, OT, 4 on 4..

Dorsett has been about what we should expect. I really don't have an issue with him. When used properly I think he's been solid for the team. WD has grossly miss managed him this season though. I fully agree with you. No way should he be anywhere near a top line regardless of 4v4/5v5. He has absolutely no offensive instincts whatsoever and has hands of stone. If it's justification management is looking for they should all be ashamed because it's BS that he gets the nod over other and more deserving players who are sitting on the bench.

vadim sharifijanov

Oct 10, 2007
but guys, benning saw him chewing tobacco with kassian on the road trip. there are some intangible intangibles doing their thing right there.

Zaddy91

Respectful Handshake
Jul 22, 2014
Vancouver
I only saw the turd but from what i saw

Weber in top 4 is death sentence the guy is too slow and short to even play the point effectively

Dorsett. Higgins. Bonino. And vey get manhandled by any team with size and physocality these 4 are the ones to replace for the virtanens and baertschis

Drafting barzal would be perfect to end this season

And more importantly than anything we need to hit more. The team looks worn down and doesnt do the same tto the opponent. Dorsett is too small. We need guys like kassian and sbisa ready to fight not some 4 th liner who cant score it doesnt work

Reign Nateo

Apr 28, 2003
Canada
Visit site
Was a painful game to watch. No energy at all. Got a point I at least. Even more annoying that Arizona gets 2 points and Edmonton gets closer to McDavid. I really do not want to see that happen...

Eddy Punch Clock

Jack Adams 2028
Jun 13, 2007
Chillbillyville
On any given night, any given team can win any given game.

Taken straight from a Gary Bettman fortune cookie.

I'm getting tired of the apathy.

Sure, some Iindividuals are fighting for jobs next year in Arizona. A much more talented group of guys are fighting (or supposed to be) for their playoff lives this year in Vancouver.

One should trump the other.

We have no killer instinct and won't make it out of the first round no matter who we play.

Ryp37

Nov 6, 2011
Dorsett was out there with 2 mins left in the third too, if they wanted a fourth liner to put in the top 6 should have just signed Bitz to play with the sedins again

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
On any given night, any given team can win any given game. There are no gimme's in the NHL.

True. But then there's losing to the two of the three worst teams in the NHL in one week. That is indefensible.

Not the end of the world but it does make the job more difficult than necessary.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
True. But then there's losing to the two of the three worst teams in the NHL in one week. That is indefensible.

Not the end of the world but it does make the job more difficult than necessary.

The issue here isn't losing to a bottom-feeder, it's about the 'process' as coaches love to say.....terrible, tentative first periods.....constantly losing puck battles down low and running around in their own zone; a pathetic power play; and those neutral zone turnovers..yikes!...at this point in the schedule teams are supposed to be in lock-down, with structured play....'Nucks look like they're stuck in the exhibition schedule.....without some sort of dramatic turnaround in their play, they'll be golfing by early April. :(

NoShowWilly

Apr 4, 2010
North Delta
is it disrespect for poor teams and believing they can do **** they otherwise wouldn't try? I've noticed in this game and against Buffalo that the team gave up a lot of premium chances.

damack

Jan 3, 2014
Honestly think the Canucks will miss the playoffs.

It's getting scary, 2 teams only 2 points behind them on an upward trend, while the Canucks struggle. They could find themselves going from 2nd place in the division to out of a playoff spot really, really quickly.

dps

Nov 30, 2011
Although I'm glad lack started last night, because he was amazing, I'm afraid WD is going to ride him through California and that things could unravel for lack due to fatigue. Markstrom should have had buffalo and Arizona for better or worse.

Also from what I saw kassian was pretty awesome with the twins, he protected the puck really well in the o-zone and was hustling all night, yet somehow got demoted from the sedins line, and sat in the dying minutes of the 3rd and through out overtime (probably because he's a defensive liability and we couldn't have him turning the puck over like half the roster was all game...) I'm getting pretty frustrated with this coach at times.

WD comes off as a 'what have you done for me lately' kind of guy at times but then changes course slower than glacier at others.

Don't wanna rag on WD too much but the reasons above really annoyed, have to say it's awesome when this team plays up to good competition but Soooo frustrating when they play down to worse competition. Hopefully we get the former when and if we make the playoffs and I have a bit of an inkling some sort of bug is going around the room.

galiano

Mar 12, 2003
why do you ask ?
Visit site
I think that game revealed who the Canucks are. This is a mediocre team badly in need of talent. They are at least three very good players away and I don't see anyone exciting in their system, just more of the same. If they make the playoffs, and that's a big if, they'll get blown out in the first round. As a long time fan this is really hard to watch. In fact I won't be watching. I only have time to be a fan of one team and the aWhitecaps are looking very interesting.

FOurteenS inCisOr

FOS COrp CEO
May 4, 2012
Republic of VI
I think that game revealed who the Canucks are. This is a mediocre team badly in need of talent. They are at least three very good players away and I don't see anyone exciting in their system, just more of the same. If they make the playoffs, and that's a big if, they'll get blown out in the first round. As a long time fan this is really hard to watch. In fact I won't be watching. I only have time to be a fan of one team and the aWhitecaps are looking very interesting.

Priorities...

JuniorNelson

Jan 21, 2010
E.Vancouver
It looks pretty bleak. An unmentioned indicator is the complete lack of guys flocking here at the deadline. Insiders know.

One by one, the Canucks should have rested the top line. Serious time off, like two weeks, too. Of course the world doesn't spin that way! That would have been a workable solution, though? As it stands, the Canucks look weak and the top line looks bagged. All the minute management in the world isn't going to mitigate the thing, now.

If the team thinks they have a problem, they should insert new blood into the line-up. Really, is watching under-developed prospects worse than watching the Coyotes and Sabres outplay the hell out of the team? Guys who aren't playing well should just sit! Apply the Kassian rules to the rest of the line-up. How far behind the play do some players have to be? FFS!

It's a great plan to hire a scouting GM and teaching coach but it does not address the team's underlying issue that the vets do not lead. The Canucks do not know what a Captain looks like! They tried a goalie, FFS! Then they put another Swede in, like the Naslund era didn't happen. Swedes do not say, "Rah rah rah or I'll fight you!"

A teaching coach cannot reach insulated athletes. The player has to be subject to the coach's discipline. Desjardins can't bench Henrik for drifting off the ice and causing a "Too Many Men" penalty.

What happened when Tortorella shouted at Edler? It initiated the TeamFail sequence. Desjardins shouldn't have been given a Captain, he should have been able to pick his own man. FAIL embedded! The TeamFail sequence is already running. Why don't they fix it?

arsmaster*

Although I'm glad lack started last night, because he was amazing, I'm afraid WD is going to ride him through California and that things could unravel for lack due to fatigue. Markstrom should have had buffalo and Arizona for better or worse.

How is he fatigued. He's barely played all season. I agree Markstrom should have had the start last night and not in that debacle vs San Jose, but the Buffalo game wasn't fatigue. It was the players thinking they could waltz through the worst team in the NHL and they were unceremoniously greeted with a loss.

Eddie let in one truly bad goal in buffalo. The game was over when he did (when they were pulling the goalie).

arsmaster*

The Whitecaps? Enjoy....:help:

Proto

Jan 30, 2010
Desjardins has some nice qualities, but I hate his derpy response to just play Sbisa and Dorsett and other favourites more when the team is struggling to generate offense. Dorsett is the toy you have to take out of his toybox this summer.

Phred Phlinstone

Feb 12, 2015
White Rock, BC
Edler and Burrows back in the lineup...Giordano out for the season with injury...Canucks lose because the Sedins and Hamhuis-led crew decide an effort isn't necessary to beat the Coyotes...Flames win vs. Flyers and Bruins without their Norris-candidate because they, at the very least, think its worth their while to show up.

The trend line doesn't look very promising.

Phred Phlinstone

Feb 12, 2015
White Rock, BC
Desjardins has some nice qualities, but I hate his derpy response to just play Sbisa and Dorsett and other favourites more when the team is struggling to generate offense. Dorsett is the toy you have to take out of his toybox this summer.

Dorsett is a fourth liner who should be making $1.25M to $1.5M maximum and playing 10 to 12 minutes. In this role, he's really effective. Take him out of this role, he's like a deer in the headlights.

Willie is expecting too much from Dorsett in a second line role. When has Dorsett, ever in his career, been anything more than a fourth liner?

Barney Gumble

Jan 2, 2007
Dorsett is a fourth liner who should be making $1.25M to $1.5M maximum and playing 10 to 12 minutes. In this role, he's really effective. Take him out of this role, he's like a deer in the headlights.

Willie is expecting too much from Dorsett in a second line role. When has Dorsett, ever in his career, been anything more than a fourth liner?
heh, Dorsett can argue in his off-season contract negotiations that he deserves a big raise over his $1.6 million because of the coach's confidence in giving him such an increased role.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad