Post-Game Talk: Coyotes def. Eddie Lack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
Does he really have a bigger role now than he did with the Ducks last year?

No, but I would argue he was definitely miscast as the 2nd line center on the Ducks last year. The Ducks just made good use of him on their 1st PP unit.

Anyway, I'm not bashing him. He's a solid player. He's just so vanilla in my eyes. Reminds me of Derek Roy, just better defensively, luckily.

Hielo Grande

Nov 7, 2007
vallarta
I thought coach WD looked pretty insecure behind the bench when his team couldn't get anything going against a team that had lost 10 games. Surely that affects the team's play.

thedean

Jan 20, 2015
If this "coach" could get over his Dorsett obsession we actually have the personnel to create a half decent top 6.

Sedin/Sedin/(Burrow or Kassian)
Vrbata/(Bonino or Horvat)/(Kassian or Burrows)

This guy is just a terrible terrible coach.

leftwinglockdown

Dude Guy
Apr 29, 2011
Canada
I thought coach WD looked pretty insecure behind the bench when his team couldn't get anything going against a team that had lost 10 games. Surely that affects the team's play.

Well, they sure played hard for him in the dying minutes of regulation to tie the game when they looked like complete garbage before those 2 goals.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
OT: Kris Russell blocked 15 blocked shots alone tonight for the Flames. 15 blocked shots! Dennis Wideman had 8.

Folks, this is how the Flames survive. It jibes with their low possession numbers. A ton of pucks are directed towards their net but they're blocking a **** ton of them.

Bleach Clean

Aug 9, 2006
If this "coach" could get over his Dorsett obsession we actually have the personnel to create a half decent top 6.

Those 6 guys should be the top6. It has to happen, and it should remain the mix going forward.

Sedin-Sedin-Vrbata
Burrows-Bonino-Kassian

Is also viable.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
It definitely falls on WD too. The way he deploys this team at times is mind-numbing, to say the least. Dorsett on the second line? PP? On the ice in the last minute? Weber plays so much? Although it's hard with injuries, but still. Higgins playing in the top six? He's forcing players into roles they aren't good in, and I will say he has no choice at times, but most of the time he does have better options

He needs to be reminded he CAN use his timeout too.

Couldn't agree more on this....sometimes WD just looks like a deer in the headlights....Hamhuis and Dorsett on the pp...are you kidding me?...needed to shake up the Sedin line far sooner.....Vrbata virtually the only player going but absolutely wasted with Bonino.....coach needs to lose the clipboard and call a time-out once and awhile to get this team refocused.:facepalm:

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
oh my god what are you guys even talking about? Bonino was extreeamly sheltered last year on the Ducks, constantly playing against 3rd and 4th lines, this year he's playing the toughest minutes among Canucks forwards, if you don't think that's a bigger role than I just don't know what to say.

quat

Faking Life
Apr 4, 2003
Duncan
Such a vanilla player. He got a plum spot on the Ducks PP last year with Getzlaf and Perry and people were fooled into thinking he was a gem. Vanilla player who shouldn't have a big role on any playoff team. He's a good, skilled depth player.

I don't see that much good to be honest. He seems to be too slow and too weak to be able to do much with his great hands. I actually think that Vey is better than Bonino because he can be used on the wing.

My hockey sense may be lacking, because I see guys like Clendening, Stanton and Bonino as being pretty marginal NHL players. Yes, I think they can play in this league, but chances are if they're on your team you're not much of a threat to do much.

At least guys like Matthais and Higgins can give you some better defensive efforts ... although I suppose you could argue that they're just more of the same as well.

It's pretty difficult to evaluate a team when there's such a difference in the kinds of games they play. This had to be one of the worst efforts I've seen from the team this season, yet there was so much on the line.

PancakeHero

May 13, 2013
Pawnee

Ridiculous statement. Just ridiculous.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010

This is a bit extreme.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
Well, that was a complete abortion of a hockey game.

Sbisa was easily our best defenseman tonight. Let that sink in. He was the only guy back there who I wasn't screaming "WHY THE **** DID YOU JUST DO THAT?!" about.

How much did I miss Edler...lots. Until this game. Still got that stretch pass to nobody/automatic icing move, huh?

Forwards: Uh...Hansen had a good game?

Team obviously gets buried without Lack. If I were him, I'd be throwing benches around in the visiting locker room.

Basic hockey fail. Can't pass. Can't skate. Can't get through the neutral zone. Can't get out of our own zone. Looked like 18 guys at a pickup game who have never seen each other before. Complete brain-dead hockey. Passes up the boards into double coverage. Remember classic Sedin tic-tac-toe hockey? Tonight we were lucky if the team hit tic.

Biega going back to Utica over Clendening was a joke, at least at the NHL level.

TIMEOUT. You know what that is, Willie? WTF, man! 1st minute of OT, about 8 turnovers right up the gut, call the ****ing thing. CALM DOWN, guys. Chill. Relax. Does he do it? Nope.

Against another tanking team who would struggle to make the AHL playoffs, just go right into the toilet. We miss the playoffs by 3 or 4 points, look no further than this game and the Buffalo game. Money in the bank right there, and they flush it. So lame.

So, anyone going to start another idiotic main board thread about how awesome the Kesler deal worked out for us? Anyone? Yeah, didn't think so. Bonino needs to rediscover some, ANY hockey skill.

Wow, that sucked.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
OT: Kris Russell blocked 15 blocked shots alone tonight for the Flames. 15 blocked shots! Dennis Wideman had 8.

Folks, this is how the Flames survive. It jibes with their low possession numbers. A ton of pucks are directed towards their net but they're blocking a **** ton of them.

That's usually not a good thing

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Lol can't believe we got dominated in OT by the Coyotes...

thedean

Jan 20, 2015
This is a bit extreme.

I stand by the statement. I honestly don't even know if he's watching whats going on in these games.

The way he uses some players such as Dorsett is to the detriment of the team, and he has absolutely no ability to react and adjust at game speed, whether it's mixing up lines or using a time out.

I've seen nothing that would convince me he's a good coach.

Addison Rae

Jun 2, 2009
Vancouver
Nick Bonino is first on the Canucks in points\60 at ES, plays the toughest minutes among forwards and churns out good possession results, marginal NHL player my ****ing ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad