Claimed off Waivers: Coyotes claim Alex Burmistrov

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
He doesn't know how to dump a puck and his shot and offensive instincts are horrible. Decent in his own zone and battles when he feels like it. Don't think he'll ever improve. A decent 4th liner/PKer if that is what you want.
these attributes you describe make him a perfect fit in Dave Tippett's world, he may get 20 min per game.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Why did I think Burmistrov was meant to be a good player?

Was I in fairy land, or was he some highly touted draft pick or something?

Had good hands and was a good two way player in Junior. Many proclaimed him as a possible Datsyuk-lite. At this point he's more of a Datsyuk-extra super lite.

CaptainChef

Jan 5, 2014
Bedroom Jetsville
I am betting you didn't read the article. Burmi says the coach didn't talk to him, Maurice says he has talked very frequently with Burmi. So we really have no clue what went down, only have "he said she said" situation here.

Nope. He may have had a point at being mad at Noel for not playing him in the right spots, but Maurice bent over backwards to let him figure out his game this year and last & its been a nightmare. Good riddens Burmi, you might still be a decent bottom 6 player but your attitude sucks so bad I'm not sure the KHL will even take you back.

lomiller1

Jan 13, 2015
Why did I think Burmistrov was meant to be a good player?

Was I in fairy land, or was he some highly touted draft pick or something?

8th overall draft pick who made the NHL right out of the gate. He was falling on McKenzie’s list and finished at 12. ~1 ppg in the OHL so he wasn’t exactly lighting up junior. He’d have been better served staying in the CHL to develop offensively IMO

He works hard on the ice and is solid defensively and on the PK. He can even play a little physical at times. He’s fast and has good skills but he tends to hold onto the puck until he’s out of options so he never creates anything offensively.

I am betting you didn't read the article. Burmi says the coach didn't talk to him, Maurice says he has talked very frequently with Burmi. So we really have no clue what went down, only have "he said she said" situation here.

Burmi said the exact same thing about the previous head coach. While this was believable of Noel, Maurice is about as good a communicator as you are going to see as an NHL head coach.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Can the Coyotes waive Tippett? that team has all the talent but IMO are being held back by Tippett's system. Unleash the kids....if they are going to lose (and they will) atleast put on a show...not score a goal and then hang on for dear life...

Jormungandr

Aug 14, 2002
Ohio
Can the Coyotes waive Tippett? that team has all the talent but IMO are being held back by Tippett's system. Unleash the kids....if they are going to lose (and they will) atleast put on a show...not score a goal and then hang on for dear life...

Score a goal? Tippetts system is to defend the deficit.

hurricanedave

Apr 19, 2012
Nope. He may have had a point at being mad at Noel for not playing him in the right spots, but Maurice bent over backwards to let him figure out his game this year and last & its been a nightmare. Good riddens Burmi, you might still be a decent bottom 6 player but your attitude sucks so bad I'm not sure the KHL will even take you back.

How do you "Nope" paraphrasing from an article? This is not a reference to his performance, merely a reference to what was supposedly said or not said between a player and his coach. Nothing more and nothing less.

Zhamnov5GoalGame

Former Director of GDT Operations
Jan 14, 2012
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
How do you "Nope" paraphrasing from an article? This is not a reference to his performance, merely a reference to what was supposedly said or not said between a player and his coach. Nothing more and nothing less.

I think he's disputing Burmi's claims (as I am).
The local media would ask Maurice daily about Burmi's status in the press box. Mo referred to talking to him about this multiple times per week. Hell even if Mo wasn't talking to Burmi he could get all the info he needs from the daily pressers.

I just don't believe him when he says the coach never talked to him about why he was sitting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad