Claimed off Waivers: Coyotes claim Alex Burmistrov

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
Arizona seems to be claiming a lot of people. Any idea what the plan is? Are these replacements for when the trading starts?

Pongs21

It's not delivery, it's Sports Desk
Jul 18, 2011
Halifax
Hope's he turns it around in Arizona. Was bummed when he bounced to the KHL and was rooting for his return and he just didn't do much with his opportunity. Change of scenery may do him a whole lot of good, but I wouldn't hold my breath at this point.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013

Why not? It lets the Coyotes send another player down to the AHL so he can develop away from the tirefire that is the AZ Coyotes. The Tuscon Roadrunners are doing pretty well this season. Probably a good group to play with.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Sure seems Chyaka doesn't care about any perceived attitude issues

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
This is pretty much what we were thinking, I could see Hanzal being a perfect fit with Montreal and i would wonder if Chicago would be interested in Vrbata for a cup run here.

yeah, except Vrbata my do more damage than good for your run ;)

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Christian Dvorak is stuck playing 4th line minutes under Tippett. This will let Chayka send Dvorak back to the good AHL team and away from the dumpster fire parent team.

All Burmistrov has to do is PK a bit and not be a massive liability. A warm body.

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
I feel like the Coyotes GM is an HF poster.

No doubt about it. Between his ridiculously short-sighted commitment to the advanced stats of teenagers, and his claiming anyone with a name (when they were young), the team will go nowhere.

This ridiculous project should stop before he ruins the team for another ten years.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Props to the Coyote posters who called it

Yeah, saw a few of those as well. Couple of sarcastic posts too, but im sure they were kind of expecting it :laugh:

Honestly my first thought was "yeah, if anybody is going to claim him it's going to be the Coyotes".

It's just a shot at a still relatively young player who might turn around his career with a change of scenery. Don't see that happening for Burmi though. I remember i said to some Jets fans after his year in Russia that there was nothing to get excited about he returning to the NHL. Didn't take very long for the majority of Jets fans to say he should be in the press box for most nights.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
I really hope he does well - he has tools but needs to put them together
Time to start following Arizona I guess

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
No doubt about it. Between his ridiculously short-sighted commitment to the advanced stats of teenagers, and his claiming anyone with a name (when they were young), the team will go nowhere.

This ridiculous project should stop before he ruins the team for another ten years.

They're doing fine, trending in the right direction. Their prospect pool is loaded, they have young players getting more and more seasoned. Their biggest weakness is goaltending.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad