Injury Report: Coyotes Can't have Nice Things: Stepan Out 4-6 Weeks (UPD: Could return 3/24 or 3/25)

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
7 weeks would take Stepan's return to the end of the 1st round. I wonder if the team will encourage a quick return if we make the playoffs given that he'll have all summer to recover.

I love you lanky but you totally disappointed me. I saw this thread bumped and thought that meant we had an update :laugh:

Just out of curiosity where are you getting 7 weeks from? I would say we are looking at maybe five weeks from the date of injury. But who the hell knows with our team doctor

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
Morgan's tweet said 4-6 weeks. We know the Coyotes like to give an injury a little extra time. So I came up with 7 weeks.

If he's actually feeling 98% healthy after 5 weeks then he would be an awesome boost for game 1 round 1 if the team makes it there.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Just as likely to see an amputation as to see only an extra week. In the NFL this team would be fined out the wazoo.

RABBIT

It's happening.

edit: insert 'it's happening' gif please n thank you

giphy (27).gif

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
4-6 weeks....not terrible, was hoping it wasn't going to be worse.
I say he'll be back by the end of the month to help them make the push for the playoffs.

They've overcome lots of adversity this season, no reason to think they can't continue to do so.

I had a feeling he'd be back sooner than 4-6 weeks!

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018
Ha stepan knows that he has to play on Saturday, because that'S my birthday.
That's why we play early that day too.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Keller-Dvo-Galchenyuk
Crouse-Stepan-Garland
Grabner-Richie-Vinny
Panik- Cousins-Fischer/Archibald/Kempe/

?

Would love to see, but won't happen:
Vinny -Galchenyuk-Garland
Panik-Dvo-Keller
Crouse-Stepan-Fischer
Grabner-Richardson-Cousins/Archibald/Kempe

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Keller-Dvo-Galchenyuk
Crouse-Stepan-Garland
Grabner-Richie-Archibald
Vinnie- Cousins-Fischer/Kempe

?

I've liked Gally and Gardland lately. Keller and Galchenyuk just don't seem to mesh well. Also, can't split that Grab-Rich-Hino line right now.

Keller-Dvo-Panik
Galchenyuk-Stepan-Garland
Grabner-Richie-Vinnistroza
Crouse-Cousins-Kempe

Sit Archibald, he is starting to cool down. Fischer can sub in on less sticky games for Kempe (Florida, Chicago) and Kempe/Archibald can sub in for Garland or Fischer when we need more stickiness (Minnesota, Islanders). Or should we do the opposite???

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
@Grimes I was editing because I forgot Panik haha. Also made my wish list, which will never happen.

I don't care about splitting Vinnie from Richie and Grabs. They just need a plumber there, to be honest. But they are playing well. If we keep both those lines together, we get:

Crouse-Galchenyuk-Garland
Panik-Dvo-Keller
Cousins-Stepan-Fischer
Grabner-Richardson-Vinny

Archibald/Kempe can slot in for "Stinky" when he's braindead. Too bad we've given up on the Galchenyuk at C thing.

I guess with that in mind, it'd probably be:

Panik-Dvo-Keller
Galchenyuk-Stepan-Garland
Grabner-Richardson-Vinny
Crouse-Cousins-Fischer/Archibald/Kempe

Last edited:

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Btw here is what we were rolling with on January 13th (injury perfect storm period)

Keller-Weal-Fischer
Panik-Stepan-Hino
Gally-Cousins-Garland
Crouse-Kempe-Archibald

Hogan20

Leader of the JJ Moser Fan Club
May 1, 2016
Maine
The Richardson line stays together and I'd like to see the Keller - Stepan - Panik line together again. That leaves; Crouse, Galchenyuk, Dvorak, Garland, Fischer, Kempe, Archibald and Cousins.

Keller - Stepan - Panik
Galchenyuk - Dvorak - Garland
Hinnistroza - Richardson - Grabner
Crouse - Cousins - Fischer

RABBIT

The Richardson line stays together and I'd like to see the Keller - Stepan - Panik line together again. That leaves; Crouse, Galchenyuk, Dvorak, Garland, Fischer, Kempe, Archibald and Cousins.

Keller - Stepan - Panik

I like this lineup

Reactions: YotesFan47

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
My biggest concern is that when players come back I hope they can: A) Jump into the action quickly enough not to drag down any performance. B) Have good chemistry with the rest fast enough to not cause issues.

At this point in the season with as little breathing room the team has... can't leave any points on the table and the team needs to be clicking to win. If they all come back and it's discombobulated out there, it defeats the purpose of them coming back. So I just hope they can slide right in and produce well.

It would be a very "Coyotes" thing to happen... have a bunch of injuries and play better with a decimated line up to get into position. Have the good fortune of players coming back before the end of the season and then play worse to miss. But I hope that's all past Coyote's stuff and they are ready to take advantage of the situation.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

Keller - Stepan - Panik

I'm all for this one.

Then if Schmaltz gets back

Keller - Stepan - Schmaltz
Gally - Dvo - Garland
Vinnie - Richie - Grabner
Crouse - Cousins - Panik

Reactions: Grimes

zz

Nov 1, 2006
Keller - Stepan - Panik

No star power but damn, this is a pretty solid roster right there. 4 pretty legit scoring lines. None would be a top line in any other playoff team, but the top 3 would make for a decent second pairing on most teams.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
I'd like to see Stepan/Gally and Dvo/Keller for a while until Schmaltz comes back, Dvo/Keller has looked good when we've seen it and I think Stepan/Gally fits a bit better than Dvo/Gally because of passing tendencies. Overall can't complain though.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Whenever Stepan talks about line mates he always likes "straight-line" players who are easy to read off of, Gally is definitely not that kind of player so I'd keep them apart if at all possible. I'd probably just take the current lineup and shift all the non-Richardson C down a line:

Panik - Stepan - Keller
Grabner - Richardson - Hinostroza
Crouse - Cousins - whoever is playing better between Archibald, Kempe, and Fish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad