Injury Report: Coyotes Can't have Nice Things: Stepan Out 4-6 Weeks (UPD: Could return 3/24 or 3/25)

OriginalJetsCoyotes

Mar 7, 2016
Hanmer, Ontario
I'd love to see Galchenyuk take advantage of this. I'm sure he still wants to play in the middle. He is rolling now offensively so maybe he can continue that at center. If only until we sign him long term. A little afraid he leaves for somewhere who promises him that position which means losing Domi for nothing.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I'd love to see Galchenyuk take advantage of this. I'm sure he still wants to play in the middle. He is rolling now offensively so maybe he can continue that at center. If only until we sign him long term. A little afraid he leaves for somewhere who promises him that position which means losing Domi for nothing.
I've got more than a feeling he ends up in Boston next contract... but don't look back. Have some peace of mind.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Well that is basically the remainder of the season...will need Dvorak to shake the remainder of rust off immediately
I remember we had some guy named Christian Fischer, is he still with team?? Wink, wink...

CBJ goalie

May 19, 2005
London, Ontario
4-6 weeks....not terrible, was hoping it wasn't going to be worse.
I say he'll be back by the end of the month to help them make the push for the playoffs.

They've overcome lots of adversity this season, no reason to think they can't continue to do so.

Reactions: kbay and Mosby

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
Yeah, that means he may be back for the playoffs... if there are any.

Just keep on winning, and the playoff team will suddenly start to get stronger and stronger.

Yeah. That's not how this is gonna work.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Stepan is such a vital cog for this team, very rough (but expected) news.

Next man up.

Reactions: Mosby

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
I remember we had some guy named Christian Fischer, is he still with team?? Wink, wink...

Yeah, I think he even had a hat-trick some months ago. Haven't seen him since, sorry. Don't know what happened.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Not really pushing for this (yet) ... but what is the rule in terms of calling up Hayton? Can an "emergency" call up last for a couple of weeks or would we need to call up someone from Tucson if available?

Just thinking, Chayka did call him the best 200-foot center not in the NHL right now.

Name Nameless

Apr 12, 2017
Not really pushing for this (yet) ... but what is the rule in terms of calling up Hayton? Can an "emergency" call up last for a couple of weeks or would we need to call up someone from Tucson if available?

Just thinking, Chayka did call him the best 200-foot center not in the NHL right now.

Yeah, if you are allowed to do that, that would be a nice case of "no pressure"... :laugh:

Lawson of Anarchy

I'm kind of embarrassed
Oct 9, 2016
London
Not really pushing for this (yet) ... but what is the rule in terms of calling up Hayton? Can an "emergency" call up last for a couple of weeks or would we need to call up someone from Tucson if available?.
I know you are a foreigner, too. Are you saying this is an urgent, urgent, emergency?

And for the rest of you naive fans, haven't you learned that 4-6 weeks in Coyotes speak is 4-6 months in human time?!

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Not really pushing for this (yet) ... but what is the rule in terms of calling up Hayton? Can an "emergency" call up last for a couple of weeks or would we need to call up someone from Tucson if available?.

Not to be debbie downer, but Hayton is injured hasn't played since 3 games ago...got his knee hit and although they said it wasn't serious, he hasn't played in 2 weeks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad