Injury Report: Coyotes Can't have Nice Things: Stepan Out 4-6 Weeks (UPD: Could return 3/24 or 3/25)

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Hoping for the best here.

For now, "next man up". Big opportunity for Fish to get back into the lineup.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
The hit didn't look that bad. It looked like the side of his knee hit the boards hard, but I didn't see a twist or hyper extension like an ACL or MCL. You never know, but I hope he is not out for the season, hope its a few games with a bruise:) It might be wishful thinking though....

Reactions: Jakey53

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
The hit didn't look that bad. It looked like the side of his knee hit the boards hard, but I didn't see a twist or hyper extension like an ACL or MCL. You never know, but I hope he is not out for the season, hope its a few games with a bruise:) It might be wishful thinking though....

You don’t yell that loud for a bruise.

He’s done

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
Coyotes the entire season:
giphy.gif

Edenjung

Jun 7, 2018

He’s done

Naahh i wouldn't say that.
A bruise can be very hurtful. Especially in that location.
I had something like that before. Ever since then i have to wear a knee bandage, when i play handball or something where i jump alot (natural weakness of the bands in my left knee :D).
So maybe it's something minor.

TheLegend

Megathread Gadfly
Aug 30, 2009
Buzzing BoH
Morgan tweeted out there was no update on Stepan post game. That's not a good sign.

Someone else (from Tucson or the press box) will simply have to step up now..... just like others have had to.

Sinurgy

Approaching infinity
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2004
AZ
Unfortunately when a player goes down like that without much contact it's usually a really bad sign. Also f*** you too hockey gods... seriously f*** you, we're done, I no longer worship you.
All hail hockey satan!!!!

jmichael7753

Sep 29, 2017
Glass half full response, he may have taken a shin pad to an unprotected part of the knee, and from experience if it hits in the right spot, the pain is absolutely debilitating for at least an hour after. That said, glass completely empty response, it looks like one of those ACL no contact injuries you see on field turf.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I have to believe that the hockey God's aren't this cruel. They are doing what they must to give us Jack Hughes.

The Feckless Puck

Registered Loser
Sponsor
Oct 26, 2006

It wasn't the hit that was the problem. Whoever hit him (I can't remember who it was) got him pressed against the boards, and then the guy's right knee and thigh pressed Stepan's knee back against the boards while his skate twisted Stepan's foot. At the very least it was a hyperextension; the way that Stepan's left leg got awkwardly straightened by the contact while his lower leg was turned does not make me very optimistic about how much damage was done.

cobra427

May 6, 2012
It wasn't the hit that was the problem. Whoever hit him (I can't remember who it was) got him pressed against the boards, and then the guy's right knee and thigh pressed Stepan's knee back against the boards while his skate twisted Stepan's foot. At the very least it was a hyperextension; the way that Stepan's left leg got awkwardly straightened by the contact while his lower leg was turned does not make me very optimistic about how much damage was done.

He’s done
Maybe, maybe not. I have had 3 knee surgeries, same knee, and I have had some painful crashes into hard objects playing hockey, basketball, skiing, surfing, and driving a race car. The most painful crashes at the time, did not require surgery. You guys might be right, he might be done, lets see what we learn the next few days.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad