GDT: Coyotes at Wings 7:30PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
What can he realistically do at this point in time? This team needs a #1 center or a #1 defenseman. Those aren't available, or I doubt we have the pieces to land one. Definitely not without giving up Larkin and/or Mantha.

We have to ride this team out this season. Even a coaching change I doubt moves the needle a ton.

Ya, I was more hinting at a coaching change. With our cap situation he can't do much. Although come the deadline, he could stop being so stubborn and actually make a trade for the first time this century.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
160.gif

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Of course it is, but lack of talent isn't what loses us games like this. A stacked team may be able to sleepwalk and win, but there's maybe 2-3 teams in any given season that fits that mold. Perhaps not even that with how competitive the league is.

We've been basically the worst team in the league at home after our initial winning streak. PP has been among the very worst the last 10-15 games. We've NEVER gotten back in a game after being down after 2 periods.

All of these are things that go beyond "lack of talent". If anything, it seems as though the depth and hard working players is what keeps this team from falling all the way to the bottom. Because we're getting no flow whatsoever, we never get anything easy. Superhuman efforts from individual players required, that is the sign of bad coaching.

Yeah, I don't know. Wish I knew the answer or what this team would look like under another coach. This team is hard to watch, and is underachieving in every way.

I think our goaltending was one of the biggest things keeping us from being a bottom dweller. And it has regressed pretty heavily over the last week or so.

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
We have to ride this team out this season. Even a coaching change I doubt moves the needle a ton.
I expect to see Blashill fired tomorrow. If not, it will mean one of two things:

1. Holland admits he has built a bottom 5 in the league roster
2. Holland knows Blashill is a terrible coach but is willing to ride it out for a high draft pick

I don't see either one as likely.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
The worst part about this season is there is absolutely zero growth from the young players. They've all gotten worse. Again.

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I expect to see Blashill fired tomorrow. If not, it will mean one of two things:

1. Holland admits he has built a bottom 5 in the league roster
2. Holland knows Blashill is a terrible coach but is willing to ride it out for a high draft pick

I don't see either one as likely.

You really think so? That seems pretty bold. I wonder if Houda replaces him, or do you think it would be Nelson?

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Man, Larkin likes to whine out there. Grow up buddy, when things aren't going your way you don't have to flop around and bark at the refs and have a fit. You are a pro, act like it.

Damn millennials

Jeebus that was horrible there. ARZ just was dominating that 4th lin and Lashoff out there as well

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
This team looks so demoralized. They definitely seem to have checked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad