GDT: Coyotes at Flames. 7pm MT on SN360

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
No, i'm talking about the lineup we will win the cup with

Gaudreau-Bennett-Ferland
Tkachuk - Jankowski - Jagr
Mangiapane - Backlund - Monahan
Frolik - Stajan - Hathaway

If we are winning the cup with those horrific lines up front I assume the defense is reincarnations of:

Orr-Harvey
Pronger-Coffey
Bourque-Lidstrom

With some sort of Roy/Price/Hasek hybrid in net.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
Gonna agree with OKG on this one

Stajan is absolutely the Flames best option at 4c right now

He hustles, he's smart, and he knows how to make the safe plays

Reactions: Dertell and Sk8M8

OvermanKingGainer

#BennettFreed #CurseofTheSpulll #FreeOliver
Feb 3, 2015
2022 Cup to Calgary
We are 2 yrs away from that Stajan

We literrally saw "That Stajan" tonight. He was flying, even with Brouwer on his line. All it took was a Hathaway on the other wing. Swap Brouwer with Frolik and you've got a killer 4th line that is the envy of every team in the league en route to the Stanley Cup. All you gotta do is have 9 forwards better offensively than Frolik, which we do if we call up Mangiapane and move Bennett back to his natural position with actual wingers who aren't Brouwer/Lazar/Versteeg (the same Toxic Trio that dragged Stajan down).

Reactions: Dertell

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Hope to see a better display against the Oilers. Wasn't too impressed with how we played tonight.

CamPopplestone

Sep 27, 2017
You cannot declare Mangiapane better offensively than Frolik in the NHL when he's never played here. Maybe there's a slim chance, but I doubt it until he's Had at least a full NHL season under his belt.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
We literrally saw "That Stajan" tonight. He was flying, even with Brouwer on his line. All it took was a Hathaway on the other wing. Swap Brouwer with Frolik and you've got a killer 4th line that is the envy of every team in the league en route to the Stanley Cup. All you gotta do is have 9 forwards better offensively than Frolik, which we do if we call up Mangiapane and move Bennett back to his natural position with actual wingers who aren't Brouwer/Lazar/Versteeg (the same Toxic Trio that dragged Stajan down).

I didnt watch the whole game but if he played like you described then it would be the first this year.

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
You cannot declare Mangiapane better offensively than Frolik in the NHL when he's never played here. Maybe there's a slim chance, but I doubt it until he's Had at least a full NHL season under his belt.

Come on, Mangi can score as much as Hathaway in the AHL, he can certainly star in the NHL;)

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria

I don't know about that, OKG, because I kept noticing that when the Yotes got their offensive zone pressure tonight, it was generally with our fourth line on the ice.

I do like Stajan. I don't know if he has the gas left to play hockey as well as he thinks it.

TkachuksMouthguard

Mar 17, 2007
London, UK
Pretty decent game from the team overall.
Was trying to really pay attention to Brody Hamonic pair and TJ looked pretty solid. Skating was top notch, quick outlet passes and didnt make many if any mistakes. Hamonic on the other hand had some rough moment in his own end and got beat in the boards. Offensively had a few good shots however. Been really interested to see what the issue is there. What did others think?

Flameshomer

Likeaholic
Aug 26, 2010
Edmonton
If Bennett keep playing like that we don't need to make any trades up front. Third line looked nasty tonight. He and Janko were splitting faceoff duties in the third as well.
Still not going to amount him 1c over Monahan lol

crackdown44

Cold milk cools down hot food
Dec 1, 2017
Now onto Saturday

Attachments

• E6097E22-CB94-4CD7-8A1F-178DBB7256A9.jpeg
    E6097E22-CB94-4CD7-8A1F-178DBB7256A9.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 10

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Gonna agree with OKG on this one

Stajan is absolutely the Flames best option at 4c right now

He hustles, he's smart, and he knows how to make the safe plays

He also takes bad penalties and has 0 points in 16 games this season as a Flame.
I think we're thinking about Stajan from a few years back; he's been a shell of himself this year.

That 4th line however, is ridiculously suspect. We don't need thee guys to score, but we need them to contribute to winning games (energy, turning the tide, etc). I like Hathaway there, because he's a little wrecking ball that can skate; I haven't liked much else in there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad