GDT: Coyotes at Ducks 7pm PST HOCKEY IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
I know it's not a huge thing but something I find fun each season - Is anyone going to run a "Who scores 1st each game" thread? If I didn't have work that requires me to be off the grid every now and then I would do it.

Reactions: MilesNewton

TheStuntman

Oct 27, 2015
For the season, I want to see progress/growth from the young wingers. See some flashes of brilliance and working on being consistent.

Reactions: MilesNewton

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
Probably right before the game as usual, coverage on this team is the absolute worst.
Question ends up being, is it the coverage is just poor (like the information is there for the taking and they're just not reporting it in a timely manner), or is Ducks management more closed in terms of providing that information to the media?

Last edited:

branmuffin17

Sep 10, 2014
Santa Ana, CA
I'm definitely excited. I was happy to see the preseason games too (which were absolutely more exciting than pretty much all of last year), but glad the official season is underway.

Saw some replays of other games, like the Matthews goal (that feed from Marner), McDavid's threading through the D, Ovechkin's wrister, and just wonder if our team is going to be able to do that kind of stuff. The fancy plays that I see from other teams have been few/far between for our team this past season (Rakell's flip to himself is the only one that comes to mind from last year), so hoping we get both the gritty goals on the doorstep, along with some beautiful and creative plays.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
I'll be there with glass seats. First time I've sat on the glass since July 1999.

My experience with glass seats haven't been fond. Usually, I've sat behind the glass behind the goalies. It's so difficult to see the whole game, but my female friends so don't mind. ha ha ha So maybe a seat on the sides of the rink will give a better experience. I just like seeing everything develop, but that's just my preference. Club gives a great view. The upper deck, if you can get as close to the ice seats, then they're just as good as the club seats with respect to viewing. I never realized how much more intimate the Pond... err... Honda Center is until I went to watch a few games at Staples center (I have a friend who's a Kings fan). Staples center has true nose bleeds.

Anyhow, rock out! and Go, Ducks, go!

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I definitely prefer 300 > 400 > 200 sections. The only way I will sit in the 200's is if its the highest 2 rows.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
My experience with glass seats haven't been fond. Usually, I've sat behind the glass behind the goalies. It's so difficult to see the whole game, but my female friends so don't mind. ha ha ha So maybe a seat on the sides of the rink will give a better experience. I just like seeing everything develop, but that's just my preference. Club gives a great view. The upper deck, if you can get as close to the ice seats, then they're just as good as the club seats with respect to viewing. I never realized how much more intimate the Pond... err... Honda Center is until I went to watch a few games at Staples center (I have a friend who's a Kings fan). Staples center has true nose bleeds.

Anyhow, rock out! and Go, Ducks, go!
The best glass seats are on the corner angles, so you can see down the boards in both directions.

NEVER sit behind the player’s bench.

Reactions: Exit Dose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad