Coyotes and Head Coach/VP Dave Tippett Part Ways

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville

It's been a busy week and a half for Andy Barroway. He wrested full ownership control back on the 12th after buying out the minority owners of the team. On Saturday he saw Shane Doan shown the door and Mike Smith sent packing to Calgary. Now the rumor is Dave Tippett is the next to go.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
Why is this even news? He's the owner, if he wants to fire the coach, make it so. If he doesn't want to honor the contract, well... good luck with that.

Fugazy

Brick by Brick
Jun 1, 2014
New York
e31.jpg

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
I like this move, from everything ive gathered Tippett is on of the last coaches you'd want for a youth movement. They've stockpiled their prospects now time to implement them.

As for getting out of paying him? Good luck i guess.

rt

May 13, 2004
If Tippett gets hired by another team, the Coyotes don't have to pay him. That's probably what Dater means. The Coyotes want to remove him, but only if they can be sure he's headed somewhere besides the golf course. If he can find a job, they'll ditch him. That's my read, anyway.

tny760

Mar 12, 2017
even as a kings fan, i want nothing more than for that org to get rid of him, he's stifled the play of so many talented players and has already wasted a valuable year or two of their rebuild

they desperately need to cut the cancer out of that org and barroway is making the first steps to it, even if he is just cleaning up to sell it

rt

May 13, 2004
even as a kings fan, i want nothing more than for that org to get rid of him, he's stifled the play of so many talented players and has already wasted a valuable year or two of their rebuild

they desperately need to cut the cancer out of that org and barroway is making the first steps to it, even if he is just cleaning up to sell it

Exactly.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Arizona will continue to be a basement dweller if that's how the new owner operates. Who would actually want to join that circus? Meanwhile, I've been liking their young talent and prospect pool. I feel bad for the players.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC
The front office needs a purge of the old school staff. It literally used to be the Wild West with the Coyotes front office.

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Want to get out paying a contract that you signed? Declare bankruptcy I guess! That or take your chances that some other team hires him at the same or greater salary.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

Not all of them. Gretzky and his incompetent circus of a staff was to blame for a lot of it (ex Turris).

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Want to get out paying a contract that you signed? Declare bankruptcy I guess! That or take your chances that some other team hires him at the same or greater salary.

My guess is you can easily find another team who will take on that contract(although maybe they waited a month or 2 to long to do that for the upcoming season since it seems like most coaching jobs are filled)

SirKillalot

Feb 27, 2008
Norway
Why is this even news? He's the owner, if he wants to fire the coach, make it so. If he doesn't want to honor the contract, well... good luck with that.

Because that's the GM's job. Owner's who are too involved and if it's the case, don't know their stuff is ruining teams all over the world in Futbol.

If it's the same within the franchises, then something to a degree is wrong.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad