Confirmed with Link: Coyotes acquire rights to D Alex Goligoski

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
He is not worth that.

Yeah I don't want Demers at 5.5m and not even 4.5m. I don't see him as that much of an upgrade over Stone, and it's not like we could get much for Stone right now anyway. I'd prefer a trade for young dman or Chayka finding a cheap advanced stats gem somewhere.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Yeah I don't want Demers at 5.5m and not even 4.5m. I don't see him as that much of an upgrade over Stone, and it's not like we could get much for Stone right now anyway. I'd prefer a trade for young dman or Chayka finding a cheap advanced stats gem somewhere.

Yup. I think we go by way of a trade for our next top four. Maybe Larsson who was mentioned earlier?

Bonsai Tree

Turning a new leaf
Feb 2, 2014
Yup. I think we go by way of a trade for our next top four. Maybe Larsson who was mentioned earlier?

I wonder if Chayka really wants to trade talent right now given the potential of our young forwards. Maybe a center like Dvorak if they take Brown, but for this season they could make do with just the addition of Goligoski. I know that its not the prevailing thought around here, but the team has worked hard to acquire such good, young talent and I want to see which of the young guns becomes irreplaceable .

Last edited by a moderator:

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona

I wonder if Chayka really wants to trade talent right now given the potential of our young forwards. Maybe a center like Dvorak if they take Brown, but for this season they could make do with just the addition of Goligoski. I know that its not the prevailing thought around here, but the team has worked hard to acquire such good, young talent and I want to see which of the young guns becomes irreplaceable .

I wouldn't trade existing prospects (maybe Perlini) but I'm totally okay trading picks away

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I don't see him as that much of an upgrade over Stone

He's a straight upgrade. He's realistically what Stone tops out as, if he ever finds consistency, and if he comes back from a devastating injury. If you can get Demers for what amounts to cap space chump change, you do it.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011

I agree. This signing upgrades our Dfense overall in a big way. I think, or should I say hope that if we trade prospects it will be a winger.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
GoGo is an extreamly solid Dman, that means that we will have good pairings for > 40min every game. Pretty huge

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
He's a straight upgrade. He's realistically what Stone tops out as, if he ever finds consistency, and if he comes back from a devastating injury. If you can get Demers for what amounts to cap space chump change, you do it.

That's the thing with Stone is his consistency. Demers is an upgrade, but no where near 5.5 mill/ yr. I would say in the neighborhood of 4.5 mill/ yr. and if he wants more let someone else pay him.

Foggy1097

Jan 14, 2014
Arizona
I thought you guys said everything goes thru DT. :) No kudos for Dino Dave as some of you call him.

Haha Dino Dave...haven't heard that one. He's definitely not infallible but I don't think he's your typical stone age hockey guy; he gets a bad rep sometimes. He's aware of the changes in the game and what it takes to win every year...he does his homework and recently seems like he's shown more of a willingness to adapt and change his mindset a little bit more than past years. I'm very interested to see what he can do with a team full of young talent and a roster that is very soon going to have more depth than it has had in a long time...

KG

Sep 23, 2010
We haven't had a big free agent signing in a while. This will be a great coup for GMJC

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
If Yandle gets anything over 6, this is an exceptional deal

Yandle gets minimum of 7 IMO

Oh for sure. Yandle is a marquee name, and is a flashy defenseman. Gogo is the better all around defenseman, good offense a equally good defense. Yandle's scale tips more to offense over defense. Since Yandle's name carries so much more flash, he will command anywhere from 6-7 million. Anybody that gets him at 5-5.5 million gets a good deal for him. I think the only team he does that for is Boston.

I really hope he pans out for Florida though. I know i would be super bummed if we spent assets on Gogo, clearly showing we want him the most, just for him to walk away for another team.

For Florida's sake, i hope Yandle loves the city and signs with them. For Yandle's sake, i hope that if he wants to play in his hometown and Boston ponies up, that he signs in Boston.

But i think Yandle turns Florida deadly. And i would love to see him in their new jerseys. Love those new rags.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad