Confirmed with Link: Coyotes acquire rights to D Alex Goligoski

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I didn't think we had a chance at any of the top Dman, this would be a huge win for us if the dollar amount isn't too crazy

Matias Maccete

Chopping up defenses
Sep 21, 2014
Wow very encouraging. Hopefully we don't go nuts with the cash, it'll be interesting to see how Chayka does with this.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
I am more interested in this possibly being helpful towards signing Demers if he's on their radar. Hopefully the two have a good relationship.

SniperHF

Rejecting Reports
Mar 9, 2007
Phoenix
I'm not saying adding both wouldn't be a massive improvement, it obviously would be. But on a base level I still find it pretty hilarious that we'd be importing 2/6th of a not that great Dallas defense to boost our defense corps :laugh:

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
I am more interested in this possibly being helpful towards signing Demers if he's on their radar. Hopefully the two have a good relationship.

How much money would that cost? Gogo anywhere from 5.5-6.5. Have to imagine Demers would cost the same or a little more. I guess it's not too much of a concern seeing as we have a lot of money to spend to get to the cap floor, and we need to sign our RFA's, but we still have a lot of spending to do if we are going to be a "middle of the pack" spending team this year. Especially if Doan sees what we're trying to do and takes a small discount. I think he would if he sees we're trying to compete.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
How much money would that cost? Gogo anywhere from 5.5-6.5. Have to imagine Demers would cost the same or a little more. I guess it's not too much of a concern seeing as we have a lot of money to spend to get to the cap floor, and we need to sign our RFA's, but we still have a lot of spending to do if we are going to be a "middle of the pack" spending team this year. Especially if Doan sees what we're trying to do and takes a small discount. I think he would if he sees we're trying to compete.

Stone would be traded in such a scenario, so his extension money (around $3m) would just get rolled into Demers payday. I fully expect Doan to take a sizable discount if the team lands UFAs.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Not really interested in Demers. Didn't see much in the playoffs and we may have gotten the better of Dallas's UFA's. I'd rather go for a more dynamic player. Rangy defensive defenseman or high octane aggressive PK'er please. Demers in my mind is only a slight upgrade to Stone and part of me thinks that's debatable.

RABBIT

wasn’t gonna be a fan but Utalked me into it
Not really interested in Demers. Didn't see much in the playoffs and we may have gotten the better of Dallas's UFA's. I'd rather go for a more dynamic player. Rangy defensive defenseman or high octane aggressive PK'er please. Demers in my mind is only a slight upgrade to Stone and part of me thinks that's debatable.

Stone is great, but i believe Demers is a much bigger upgrade. Will he be worth the amount of money he'll probably get? Remains to be seen.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Stone is great, but i believe Demers is a much bigger upgrade. Will he be worth the amount of money he'll probably get? Remains to be seen.

About the same offensively, but Demers is a little better defensively. The problem I see is the $$. Demers will want 4.5 mill or more and Stone I think will get half that. Stone is also a couple of years younger.

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
I love how part of my post gets deleted on the main forum but not the person flaming us who I just responded too lol

Anyway, I'm not sure Demers is the best use of money if we can sign Goligoski

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse

Yeah someone will pay him 4.5. Don't want it to be us. I'm pretty much drooling over the idea of adding Scandella.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Demers and Goligoski both got upwards of two and a half minutes per game on a top ten NHL PK team. I'd say Demers is a fair bit more solid defensively than Stone and a better asset on the PK. That said, Stone is certainly a better PP asset than Demers and is a big upgrade in terms of physical play. He's also younger and cheaper. I think Demers is the better player and I don't know how much better Stone is going to get (if at all), so for me, the choice would be Demers except for the contract cost. He's much more expensive. But if we can sign him as a UFA (asset free) and then flip Stone for something really nice, then it'd be worth it.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Don't remember the source but the number I saw for Demers was 5.5. Likely the same as Goligoski, or the same neighbourhood.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
From the same source as the original news. Custance seems to have tremendous sources within the Yotes organization:

If true, good work JC!

BlazingBlueAnt

Jul 12, 2014
Sekera money with less term and Goligoski is a better player. Great deal if we can get it done.

Aql1Toj.png

Coyotes2000

Jun 25, 2007
AZ
GMDM wouldn't have been this creative. Probably just would've signed a former Yote or Ranger or convinced Derek Morris to unretire.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad