Confirmed with Link: Coyotes acquire rights to D Alex Goligoski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Looking for some further confirmations, but just some bloggers so far. Craig Morgan commented on it, so that's likely a good indication.

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Would have preferred that the 5th be conditional upon Goligoski signing, but that's a minor deal of any otherwise good move.

Nice work, GMJC.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
They will probably have to blow him away to get him to sign before FA. Just how it goes. The power is with the player in this situation.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Funny how one move could change the dynamic of the D so much. This would give a solid backend if a deal gets done.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Hey something happened. I assume they think he's likely to sign.

They have no way of knowing, unless he has expressed a burning desire to live/play in AZ in the past that we are unaware of. It's basically "show me the money" time. Come in high enough and he'll forgo the open market.

strizzy16

Welcome to Life, 2.0
Mar 6, 2012
somewhere south
OEL-Murphy

Goligoski-Stone

KConn-Dahlbeck

Now we see if Murphy can develop into Top 4 D-man

I would think we would add another veteran defense-first Dman , and we still have Z in the mix right? Would prefer if Dahlbeck was the 7th or 8th guy. Also, Stone will likely not be ready to return from knee surgery when the season starts

This is an okay move but i'm worried that he will not sign here. Wouldnt mind slightly overpaying for a 2yr deal or so while we still have money to spend. If he is due for another pay increase in a couple of years, he might not factor in to the plans anymore with Domi, Duclair, etc looking to get paid as well. That said, I like Goligoski's offensive upside and he has a cool name lol

Also, likely means no Yandle, but that was always just wishful thinking from folks around here

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
Would have preferred that the 5th be conditional upon Goligoski signing, but that's a minor deal of any otherwise good move.

Nice work, GMJC.

Or at least a 5th if he signs, 6th or 7th if he doesn't.

Well, interesting trade, now the wait begins.

BUX7PHX

Jul 7, 2011

Do we offer an NMC for the first few years of deal?

We can absorb that for the list of protected players, and if we are forced into a situation where we expose a player, it comes down to Stone (coming off major injury, which may affect his play this year) or Richardson (with one year left on a deal, and we will have a further idea of where the C depth stands with Strome, Dvorak, Gaudet, and Dauphin, wherever each winds up this year - NHL or AHL).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad