Post-Game Talk: Coyotes 4, Penguins 3 (OT) - Deserves Got Everything to Do With It

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Sid-Hornqvist just works. Hornqvist isn't fast or overly flashy like you'd think a guy would need to be in order to work with Sid, but Hornqvist just thinks the game on the same wavelength and causes havoc around the net. Get someone like Sheary or Guentzel on the LW and Sid's line thrives.

NewAgeOutlaw

Belie Dat!
Jul 15, 2011
412/724
Hornqvist creates a huge distraction in front of the net which allows Sid to establish position and lose defenders near the goal. Considering how lethal Sid is with space around the net, it's no wonder why he plays better with Hornqvist on his line.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Sid-Hornqvist just works. Hornqvist isn't fast or overly flashy like you'd think a guy would need to be in order to work with Sid, but Hornqvist just thinks the game on the same wavelength and causes havoc around the net. Get someone like Sheary or Guentzel on the LW and Sid's line thrives.

Hornqvist creates a huge distraction in front of the net which allows Sid to establish position and lose defenders near the goal. Considering how lethal Sid is with space around the net, it's no wonder why he plays better with Hornqvist on his line.

And yet here we are. Which goes back to the question of, "what the ****, Sullivan? Why isn't Hornqvist with Crosby?"

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Should have kept rolling Murray. At least when MAF didnt play we might have had the chance to trade him.

Hes entering the untradable zone, and im fully prepared for a buyout. If he doenst get hurt before that... that would be something

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
And yet here we are. Which goes back to the question of, "what the ****, Sullivan? Why isn't Hornqvist with Crosby?"

/shrug

No idea. I think it's pretty apparent that Kunitz is the problem. As long as he's around, he'll find his way back onto Sid's LW. That's just it. Whether it's Sullivan, Sid's influence (which I very much doubt), or someone else in the organization, that's just the way it is. I am praying to everything that he walks this summer, but he won't. He'll get a retirement deal, and we'll get to hear this organization gush about him until the end of time.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
/shrug

No idea. I think it's pretty apparent that Kunitz is the problem. As long as he's around, he'll find his way back onto Sid's LW. That's just it. Whether it's Sullivan, Sid's influence (which I very much doubt), or someone else in the organization, that's just the way it is. I am praying to everything that he walks this summer, but he won't. He'll get a retirement deal, and we'll get to hear this organization gush about him until the end of time.

I'm not too worried about him being back with Crosby regularly because of the speed and Crosby's "I hate life" routine. I'm worried about him finding his way to Malkin's line or maybe Kessel's instead of being on the fourth line where he can actually do something. They can't have Kunitz dragging a line down and Bonino compounds that problem.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
/shrug

if we're healthy, I really don't think he will. 2nd or 3rd, maybe. But I think Guentzel has solidified his spot ahead of Kunitz at this point too.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
if we're healthy, I really don't think he will. 2nd or 3rd, maybe. But I think Guentzel has solidified his spot ahead of Kunitz at this point too.

I'd like to hope so too, but I know as soon as someone starts to slump for a couple of games, Kunitz's getting that spot again.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'd like to hope so too, but I know as soon as someone starts to slump for a couple of games, Kunitz's getting that spot again.

eh, I guess we'll see.

Right now we're trying Guentzel at different spots that he could possibly end up come playoff time. Sid's LW isn't up for grabs, so he's not going there. I really think Kunitz is there because they know Sid likes him, and because they know he's just a plug filling the hole until Sheary gets back.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sid's LW isn't up for grabs, so he's not going there.

His RW shouldn't be either.

I really think Kunitz is there because they know Sid likes him, and because they know he's just a plug filling the hole until Sheary gets back.

I hate the idea of that so much - making the first line demonstrably worse and throwing away points for nostalgia's sake. It's exactly the type of thing teams trying to repeat shouldn't be doing. Separate the wheat from the chaff already.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's frustrating to see yet another coach that doesn't understand how to use his lineup. Thank god I bailed on this stupid game and went and saw John Wick 2

Crosbyfan

Nov 27, 2003
Maf losses are amusing to see if only because of a certain subset of Pens fans who will find a way to blame it on something else

In Fleury's defence, with the game almost over he was looking forward to the shootout and being the hero. He is really good at shootouts and likes being the hero.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
went to sleep early so i missed the end. glad to see they at least got a point out of it.

i was very excited to see archibald called up. even more excited to see him get 2 goals. i love his speed, and he has some hands too.

fleury's ot goal was lol-worthy. oh well

Cherpak

Jan 1, 2014
I'll say this about Guentzel, his line mates really need to start to trust this kid. He just makes the right play 95% of the time. Whether he is setting them up for a pass or getting himself open for a scoring chance they just don't seem to realize his full abilities yet. I was on the fence with him early on but I can't wait to see his game once that happens.

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh
also, when was the last time maatta cleared the puck on the pk. seems like he usually flubs the puck and can't get it out almost every time these days.

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
I'll say this about Guentzel, his line mates really need to start to trust this kid. He just makes the right play 95% of the time. Whether he is setting them up for a pass or getting himself open for a scoring chance they just don't seem to realize his full abilities yet. I was on the fence with him early on but I can't wait to see his game once that happens.
I think Guentzel worked pretty well with Kessel. Just replace Bonino with Cullen on that line and I think it will works pretty well.

MrBurghundy

I may be older but I'm never forgetting #47 & #41
Oct 5, 2009
I Love Scotch
I'm blaming the person who told Sid about the chance to be the 87th person to reach 1000 points if he lets Sedin get there first.

Ogrezilla

Nerf Herder
Jul 5, 2009
Pittsburgh
I'm blaming the person who told Sid about the chance to be the 87th person to reach 1000 points if he lets Sedin get there first.

We play the Canucks on Tuesday. I expect Sid to bounce 28 pucks off of Daniel Sedin before scoring on our own net to expedite the process.

MrBrightside

May 5, 2010
Franklin Park, PA
The amount of *****ing about line combinations and the significance thereof when the Pens are playing without 4 forwards who comprise their top 9 under any configuration is just absurdity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad