Post-Game Talk: Coyotes 4 - Canucks 3 OT - Baer x2, Gaudette

Do you love this team?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Billy Kvcmu

Dec 5, 2014
West Vancouver
This game was just such an eye opener I think to anybody who thought this team wasn't just being carried on the backs of EP and Horvat, but mostly EP.

Just so much respect for how much that kid influences things. Entire offense runs through him.
Definition of Franchise player.

Remember Crosby’s first season? The Pens still sucked but the team suddenly became respectable

pahlsson

Mar 22, 2012
didnt watch the game but Etteduag is a god, he always looks so hyped when he scores

Reactions: Pip

DollarAndADream

Feb 27, 2012
Yeah, Sportsnet on Shaw Blue Sky TV didn't work all game for me. Watched an online feed.

As far as the game goes, they tied it up late and got a point. It could have been worse. Baertschi has been great since his return. Gaudette with his goal. Love his cellys.

With all the shutouts lately, getting those 3 goals and a point will bring some confidence into that locker room.

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
The talking heads are all rambling on about what the Canucks will do with Edler at the trade deadline. Will he waive his NTC or not? The guy they should he asking to waive is Sutter. Gaudette delivers just as much with a lot more upside.

And the hard reality is that the Canucks are a totally different team without Pettersson. Where were some of the veteran players in this game? Other than Baertschi, they were completely invisible.

It's kind of a damning indictment, that a 20 year old rookie is their best player. But that's the reality of where the Canucks are right now.

ErrantShepherd

Nostalgic despite the Bad
Dec 2, 2018
...Canada, eh?
Still had fun. My kid even got to high five the players as they came out of the dressing room.

Only low point was bad goals, missed call on Goldy at least, and this one obnoxious screaming lady directly behind me.

Nice to see Gaudette pot one, and Baertschi come near a Hattie. But its gonna be rough with this D, and no Petey.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Good battle level in the 3rd period to scratch out a point but this team really sucks without Pettersson.

- Gudbranson and Granlund are both just complete crap. Not NHL caliber players. Continuing to play this rubbish will continue to lose us games. Gudbranson now 1 point, -21 in 22 games since his point streak ended.

- Boeser had some better shifts late but without Pettersson is really struggling to produce.

- Baertschi was excellent. Skated really well, battled hard, and was rewarded. Good to see.

- Chris Tanev had a puck bounce on him early for the 1-0 goal but was otherwise the best player on the ice for either team. Ridiculous coaching to have him only playing 1 minute more than the loathsome Gudbranson.

- Goldobin had tons of jump and was probably unlucky not to score. Seemed to want the puck more and want to make plays. Should have been on the ice in OT.

- Eriksson is just sad to watch.

- Sutter has been awful since returning. Will cut him some slack because he was good last year and was hurt ... but wow does he look bad. So weak in every aspect of his game.

- Motte has regressed again. If not giving 110% quickly becomes a liability. Is now idiotically not being used on the PK which is the only place he was good ... so we can see the worst PK player in the NHL in Granlund lead the team in PK icetime. Ugh.

- Roussel competed hard and was carrying his linenstes.

- Gaudette played well, scored ... then made a bad turnover and never saw the ice again. And then we get to see Granlund sucking ass in OT instead.

- Pouliot-Stecher pairing were good tonight.

- Markstrom allowed 4 goals but made some ridiculous saves. This game doesn’t get to OT without him.

Nucker42

Nov 27, 2011
Bad:

-Gudbranson noticeably awful.... I’m usually positive but his decision making is very questionable. Hearing the stat that he’s been on for last 7 of 8 goals sounds about right.

-Sutter puck is like a hot potato. Has all of the tools but like so many before him just can’t convert the style into anything tangible. How much longer can Gaudette be sent down in favour of this guy? At least Beagle hits... what does he do?

-No Goldy or Gaudette in ot.... I don’t like it....

Good:
-Tanev solid as usual.

-Boeser and Bart were good and created a lot of opportunities.

-Horvat, I drink the cool aid, guy should be wearing the C. He works so hard every game.

-Stetcher, great escapability. Smart passes.

-Marky, looking good but time for a Demko start.

Hit the post

I have your gold medal Zippy!
Oct 1, 2015
Hiding under WTG's bed...
-Sutter puck is like a hot potato. Has all of the tools but like so many before him just can’t convert the style into anything tangible. How much longer can Gaudette be sent down in favour of this guy? At least Beagle hits... what does he do?
As MS said, he's probably still trying to get up to speed (re: injury). His play last season should mean he should be given a little slack. When fully healthy and in game shape, he should be the solid defensive center he was (perhaps it might've been better to send him to the Comets on a "conditioning stint' first?).

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017
Wow..Sutters really getting the gears tonight...He's been out for while with that separated shoulder, and this is his 3rd game back?...he should be cut some slack.

Baertschi came back in the lineup at the beginning of the road trip, and looks like he's finally up to speed.

Arizona are playing well...this game was never going to be easy for the Canucks....I'll take the point, and be happy about it:thumbu:

Canuckle1970

Mar 24, 2010
Watched the highlights on TSN. Have to laugh at Marky's comment about the kicked in goal -"they need some soccer fans in Toronto".

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
From the sound of the post-game presser, Green is finally ready to give up on the Hutton-Gudbranson pairing. Unfortunately it comes one game too late.

VibinCanuck

No doubt about it, I am ready to get hurt again
Sep 13, 2014
Vancouver
Green's talent evaluation of players is so bad it loses the team games and will hurt the team in the long run by letting guys like Gudbranson and Granlund stick in the NHL over actual skill guys.

It's clear he crushed any and all confidence out of Goldobin. It's sad to watch.

Using Sutter and Granlund over Gaudette or Goldobin is classic Willie D passivity. Utterly pathetic.

Not a surprise from Willie D Jr.

geebaan

7th round busted
Oct 27, 2012
Green's talent evaluation of players is so bad it loses the team games and will hurt the team in the long run by letting guys like Gudbranson and Granlund stick in the NHL over actual skill guys.

It's clear he crushed any and all confidence out of Goldobin. It's sad to watch.

Using Sutter and Granlund over Gaudette or Goldobin is classic Willie D passivity. Utterly pathetic.

I think that’s pretty harsh overall, but I can’t disagree with the use of Guds. The fact he was only played a minute less than Tanev is disgusting for how bad he’s been/was.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation

I dunno. The fact I'm seeing the same kind of stupidity from Green that I saw from WD lends cred to the idea that management is pulling strings when it comes to lineups and player selection. Green I could even stick with and give a chance to for a couple of seasons if (please GOD) Benning and Weaselbrod are fired. WD? No way.

Reactions: mathonwy

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
When you put Sutter and Granlund out in OT, you basically get what you deserve. What's Green doing? Trying to get the game to a shoot-out?

What's the worst that can happen if you put Goldy and Gaudette out there? The Canucks get scored on. Well, they got scored on anyway.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad