Coyotes 2021 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
I don't think they should be split up. They've been very good together, most of our goals against STL have been from them.

They're also sneakily good regaining possession in the O zone. STL has had a lot of trouble exiting their own zone against them. And they've been going to the middle enough. Garland goes anywhere. Schmatlz has been going to middle more than I can ever remember, scored a goal last game by being in front of the net.

Zero issues with that line. Having them together has also fixed Keller.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Pretty much this. I’d like to see Hayton go down to Tucson to get some confidence. It’s not a banishment or punishment. The kid looks like he belongs in the NHL, I’d just like to see him dominate a league for a few weeks to regain some lost confidence.
I am not opposed to sending Hayton from the offensive confidence perspective. That being said he needs to learn to play at a much quicker pace. He wont get that in the A. I am encouraged by the last 2 games. Hayton has been noticeable in a good way.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
The Blue Jackets has put defensive defenceman Gabriel Carlsson on waivers. I admit I haven't watched him at all, but that's the IMHO most underrated position on a team, and this seems to be a decent one. Just saying.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
If Caggiula is out for awhile they should call up Bunting. Fasching doesn't want to be an NHLer based on last night.

Fasching got 7:43. No wonder I didn't notice him, though. Was he that bad? But that wasn't much ice-time to find out how he should fit in, seriously.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
Echoing what others have said about the lines. They need to readjust them. Brassard is starting to feel like a net negative. Was hoping he would have had a bounce back season and earned a contract with us but do not want to re-sign at this point. Kessel needs to get going again. Wonder if he will be willing to move at the deadline if someone like Florida or Philly will take him.

I'd like to see the following when everyone is healthy
Short-Leash-Line
Crouse-Dvo-Kessel
Pitlick-Hayton-Brassard
Hayden-Larsson-Fischer

Defensive pairs feel like a mess right now with OEL still not being 100%. Bush looks like a 7th defenseman rather than a full timer again.
Chychrun-Demers
OEL-Hammer
Oesterle-Goose
Bush

Maybe OEL and Hammer finally click. Maybe Demers realizes he doesn't have a contract next year. Goose finally noticed that this is the actual season and there was no preseason this year. Can't wait to see how we rebuild the blueline next year. This one is a expired.

Edit: Forgot about Cags. Put him in Crouses spot and put Crouse on the 4th of there isn't any chemistry playing with Dvo.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think they should be split up. They've been very good together, most of our goals against STL have been from them.

They're also sneakily good regaining possession in the O zone. STL has had a lot of trouble exiting their own zone against them. And they've been going to the middle enough. Garland goes anywhere. Schmatlz has been going to middle more than I can ever remember, scored a goal last game by being in front of the net.

Zero issues with that line. Having them together has also fixed Keller.
If it ain't broke don't fix it. Keep that line together until they cool down.

Reactions: Ghostface Keller

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
The Blue Jackets has put defensive defenceman Gabriel Carlsson on waivers. I admit I haven't watched him at all, but that's the IMHO most underrated position on a team, and this seems to be a decent one. Just saying.
He has a lot of tools. Questionable toolbox. That said, I'd be surprised if someone doesn't take him and give him a free tryout.

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Fasching got 7:43. No wonder I didn't notice him, though. Was he that bad? But that wasn't much ice-time to find out how he should fit in, seriously.
He wasn't bad, but he showed absolutely nothing. Noticed him twice, because the puck was near him. He looked good in camp last year, but he was invisible out there. First NHL game in two years, you're a refrigerator and this is your chance to grab a fourth line spot, and you don't go throw a big hit or get into a scrum, never mind doing something with the puck. I get that you're trying to get your legs under you and you haven't had any game time lately, but it just seemed there was zero urgency.

Reactions: Neighborhood Coyote

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
After getting an assist and a goal in the last two games sending Hayton down would not improve his confidence. It would do the opposite right now.

Have to agree with this even if I would prefer for him to be down there. He has looked his best the past two games. He is holding onto the puck longer. He is showing his speed more too. I also don't want to send him down until we have some skill to inject. I don't like the idea of sending Hayton down to make Hunt a full timer roster player. One of the reasons I really want to get Benette.

Was Cappo a Maloney pick?
Fischer+Cappo+3rd for Benette and Kylington?

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
At 1/4 of the season played, the Coyotes have 20 games left against the presumably bottom three California teams, whereas the Wild, presumably the main threat for the final playoff spot if we go by conservative predictions for how the season plays out, have 16, though they have 3 games in hand and must make up 2 points. As long as the Coyotes can put up a respectable performance against the Wild this season, unlike last, they should have it easier in eking out that final playoff spot.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
Look at TML as an example. Using Hyman on the line with Matthews and Marner just works.

Crouse - Schmalz - Garland
Keller - Dvorak - Pitlick
Brassard - Hayton - Kessel
Hayden/Bunting - Larsson - Fischer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad