Coyotes 2021 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Player with puck ducks his head and leans down and into check. Why is this being reviewed? Did i see the wrong replay?
Because the hit is not at the body imo. It looks like a text book hit to the head to me.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
There is ZERO logic or consistency to what Player Safety does.

I used to have a player safety roulette-page bookmarked, so I could go find out what they most likely would land on. ;). But that site is gone, anyways?

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I actually thought Hayton had one of his better games.
I'm no big fan of Hayton, not at the moment anyway, but I agree with you, as you can see him gain more confidence every game. He is still nowhere near where he should be, but he needs average TOI to develop.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Because the hit is not at the body imo. It looks like a text book hit to the head to me.
If you watch the slo mo you see that Sanford was skating straight, but he then mishandled and lost the puck so he reached for it which lowered his body and head. Larsson almost had his back to Sanford when they collided. It is what it is.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
If you watch the slo mo you see that Sanford was skating straight, but he then mishandled and lost the puck so he reached for it which lowered his body and head. Larsson almost had his back to Sanford when they collided. It is what it is.
I watched it, at no point was Larson gonna contact his body for the check.

Reactions: RemoAZ

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I watched it, at no point was Larson gonna contact his body for the check.
Sanford is 6'4", Larsson 5'11". Larsson did not leave his feet. Sanford lost control of the puck and reached for it, and that is why Larsson's should hit Sanford's head. Doesn't really matter what you or I think as he has been suspended.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Sanford is 6'4", Larsson 5'11". Larsson did not leave his feet. Sanford lost control of the puck and reached for it, and that is why Larsson's should hit Sanford's head. Doesn't really matter what you or I think as he has been suspended.
Leaving the ice played no part in my answer. Larson skates right into Sanford's head without ever contacting his body. That is easily a head shot and a suspension. I don't know how tall they are as they all lie about that.

PuckLife

Feb 26, 2015
Hayton was looking more confident last night, he still has a lot of room to improve though.

He tends to look timid. Hesitant to crash the net, carry the puck. He passes off to other players when he could keep the puck. He looks like a 20 year old kid in the top men's league.

But last night he was the catalyst for own only goal. He had the puck on his stick a lot leading up to that goal. He looked as confident as I've seen him.

So far he hasn't looked out of place at LW1, decent but pretty invisible at 3C. Good at 4LW. He needs minutes so he should get a shot a 2LW with Dvorak.
Agree - I’d like to see him with DVO. It could be good for both of them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Heldig

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
Jenik is keeping a point-per-game pace in Tucson. Granted it's only been 3 games but it's only a matter of time til he's recalled.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Phil Kessel.

First 4 games: 4-2-6 ; 3.25 shots/game

Next 10 games: 0-2-2 ; 1.8 shots/game

I miss hungry Phil. :(
Same story as last year. The Kessel-Stepan-Keller line looked amazing for the first couple of weeks, although they got no results to show for it, and then they all disappeared.

Vinny Boombatz

formerly ctwin22
Mar 21, 2008
Chandler, AZ
Jenik has got 4pts in 3 games according to Roadrunner stats, but he's only averaging around 1 SOG per game...needs to get that to 2+ before he gets a call up.

Hayton is growing as a player, just in the last 2 games, there have been visible growth to his game. What we need is just more influx of talent on the squad. Pederson is only 23 and he really should be getting a shot. I'd also like to see Maccelli in Tucson when regular season ends in Finland.

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I think Jenik is more NHL ready. Remember he was doing fairly well in a Euro pro league as well this year.

I'd send down Hayton to get him some more reps and greater offensive opportunities. It's not a banishment. We can recall him if he does well, which I assume he will.

I'd also love to recall Bunting. Never understood why he hasn't been given more of a chance. Could even pair him with Jenik and Garland and make the most irritating line in hockey.

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
I think Jenik is more NHL ready. Remember he was doing fairly well in a Euro pro league as well this year.

I'd send down Hayton to get him some more reps and greater offensive opportunities. It's not a banishment. We can recall him if he does well, which I assume he will.

I'd also love to recall Bunting. Never understood why he hasn't been given more of a chance. Could even pair him with Jenik and Garland and make the most irritating line in hockey.

Pretty much this. I’d like to see Hayton go down to Tucson to get some confidence. It’s not a banishment or punishment. The kid looks like he belongs in the NHL, I’d just like to see him dominate a league for a few weeks to regain some lost confidence.

Reactions: rt and _Del_

zerekstar

Dec 5, 2010
Thunderbay, On (Kakabeka Falls)

Bunting deserves a shot

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Phil Kessel.

First 4 games: 4-2-6 ; 3.25 shots/game

Next 10 games: 0-2-2 ; 1.8 shots/game

I miss hungry Phil. :(
Maybe its really fortunate Phil. I don't really see him doing much without the puck or creating anything.

WrinkledPossum

Play Dead
Apr 23, 2016
Brassard and Kessel don't really work. They didn't work in Pittsburgh either. Doesn't help that Hunt is with them.

We're really only getting offense from one line.

Crouse-Dvorak-Pitlick is a high end checking line.

Hunt Brassard Kessel just doesn't work at all. Hunt doesn't have the skill to keep up with Phil.

I'd like to see this next game.
Crouse Dvorak Kessel
Hayton Brassard Pitlick
TaxiMan-Gauthier-Fischer

Don't think we have another C besides Gauthier?

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
Schmaltz-Brassard- Garland
Keller-Dvo-Pitlick
Crouse-Larsson-Fish
Cags/Hayden-Hayton- Kessel

Put the dipsy doodlers with N-S guys who can effectively retrieve pucks and will actually go to the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad