Coyotes 2021 Roster Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
It would be better for Soderstrom to play in the AHL than sit in the NHL Can the taxi squad be sent down to Tucson? Their season doesn't start until Feb 5th.

Name Nameless

Don't go more than 10 seconds back on challenges
Apr 12, 2017
I hope Soderstrom gets lots of playing time. Would be bad for a young player to sit on their ass all season.

I've noticed Bush is listed as non-roster. I still say the team oddly have to many players with trade-value, of the kind I would be nervous if waived. Are no more trades coming in?

Sm00chy

Sep 29, 2017

That top line is very interesting to me. Wouldn't hate to see that line to start the year.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
These vague statements about player availability are going to bother me all season. That quote sounds like he is being moved, but in reality he probably has the sniffles.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Hoping when Crouse is ready he pushes Caggiula down one line:

Hayton-Schmaltz-Garland
Keller-Brassard-Pitlick
Crouse-Dvorak-Kessel
Caggiula-Larsson-Hayden

^ wouldn’t mind seeing Hayton and Brassard swapped.

Neighborhood Coyote

Sep 14, 2017
Wow. Pretty telling that the new guy gets the A.

Was thinking something similar. Also, as a joke... seems like if you played on the Rangers when they were good you get an A.

Sadly, I think it's still an upgrade over Stepan having it. But that's a super low bar to beat in my eyes.

Reactions: Jakey53

moosemeister

5,000 strong
Feb 15, 2010
Mesa, Arizona
It's like Tocchet is trying to troll us. Yah Haytons in the top 6. He's even on the top line with Garland. Buuut he's playing wing.

It's actually not awful.

Depending on which side of the ice they're on, either Schmaltz or Hayton takes the face-off. When they're moving up the ice attacking, Schmaltz carries it through the middle because he's actually really good at it.

Schmaltz only starts to blow chunks when he starts skating in circles or doing that wide turn behind the opposing net, just to get pinned to the boards and it goes the other way. haha

Mosby

Fire Bettman
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
I've noticed Bush is listed as non-roster. I still say the team oddly have to many players with trade-value, of the kind I would be nervous if waived. Are no more trades coming in?

Bush is sorting out his work visa. This is a good season to have depth defencemen. Our 1-10 isn't too bad. They can play. The bottom tier don't really have value, and likely slip through waivers, but it's a good group overall.

1 OEL
2 Demers
3 Chychrun
4 Goligoski
5 Hjalmarsson
6 Oesterle
7 Lyubushkin
8 Capobianco
9 Gross
10 Ness

MIGs Dog

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 3, 2012
Bush is sorting out his work visa. This is a good season to have depth defencemen. Our 1-10 isn't too bad. They can play. The bottom tier don't really have value, and likely slip through waivers, but it's a good group overall.

1 OEL
2 Demers
3 Chychrun
4 Goligoski
5 Hjalmarsson
6 Oesterle
7 Lyubushkin
8 Capobianco
9 Gross
10 Ness

I'd hope Soderstrom is in the top 10.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
Looking at the lines from a few days ago, Hayton is just filling in Crouse's spot. RT most likely just doesn't want to throw off any chemistry building throughout the lineup due to one "injury" or whatever is happening with Crouse. Either way should be a good opportunity if Hayton does end up there on opening night.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad