Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

IrishFin

Jun 9, 2016
I’d probably claim Brown if I could find a way to deal Kessel. And I’d waive Fischer, personally.

Fischer has been pretty useless the last couple years but I think he is part of the "fresh start" club. He obviously has no value in a trade and I don't picture them waiving him and sending him down. I think he and Crouse were two of the most negatively impacted by Tocchet offensively. They probably want to see what he looks like with a year under Tourigny. If he can get things going again and put in 10-15 goals this year he would provide a little more value to the team.

hayen

Apr 7, 2017
Are both he and Chychrun on the 1st unit PP thus far?
Ghost had a poor sophomore year. He was fine the next year. The entire Flyers next years were poorly managed and coached. Hakstol and those pulling the strings completely screwed up Voracek, Hart, Provalov, Ghost... for the next years and then ghost showed affect s of some injuries. But the numbers were not as bad as the Flyers management. Struggling through the toxic environment was an achievement. He's fine and even better getting out of Philly.

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Why? Couldn't make two teams and he's 23. Last thing this team needs is someone making it not on merit.

Cost almost nothing, Tourigny might be able to work a little of his magic, our roster is already like 30% of rejects from other teams dumped on us at least grab one that's young, we don't care about winning anyways, can always waiver him again, if no one claims then have him cook in Tucson. Plus he's on a one year contract so not stuck with him for years if it doesn't work out.

Reactions: zerekstar

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Hayton should start the year in Tucson. If he can't lead that team in production, what makes him NHL ready?

In 31 Roadrunner games, he has 15 pts.

Reactions: Kai Yo T

Fyreman

Ret FD Batt Chief
Jul 19, 2013
Hayton should start the year in Tucson. If he can't lead that team in production, what makes him NHL ready?

In 31 Roadrunner games, he has 15 pts.
WOW! Didn't know it was that bad for a 5OA pick. Time for him to put on his big-boy pants.

JasonDemersWasOkay

Nov 14, 2018
No waiver pickup, so no Logan brown. Also Nylander ended up being waiver exempt so if BA wants him maybe he can ship off Kessel to get him.

Ingram’s on waivers today, so we’ll see if rt’s boy gets claimed. Another interesting name is Alex barre-boulet from Tampa. Undrafted center and put up big points in the AHL, and is waivers because of Tampa’s insane depth. Could be the next carter verhaeghe

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
No waiver pickup, so no Logan brown. Also Nylander ended up being waiver exempt so if BA wants him maybe he can ship off Kessel to get him.

Ingram’s on waivers today, so we’ll see if rt’s boy gets claimed. Another interesting name is Alex barre-boulet from Tampa. Undrafted center and put up big points in the AHL, and is waivers because of Tampa’s insane depth. Could be the next carter verhaeghe
Would love Alex Barre-Boulet. And he played for Tourigny’s buddy in Syracuse so Tourigny has the inside scoop. But again, I only want him if we can move Kessel and get rid of Fischer’s worthless ass.

Fingers crossed for an Ingram claim.

Jamieh

Apr 25, 2012
Adam Brooks plays the right way and costs little. Justin Bailey also fits that Bill. In addition to rt's previous wishes.

Imaravencawcaw

Jul 19, 2018
Ingram on waivers?!
its-happening-michael-scott.gif

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
The lack of a Kessel trade is complicating things. It's already hard enough to cut down to 22, I don't see any claims other than perhaps Ingram. They'd carry 3 goalies I think.

I'd certainly prefer Barre-Boulet to Boyd.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
I'm glad that we didn't claim Brown so that we're still near the top of the order and might get a chance at Ingram.

SpaceCoyote

Jul 10, 2013
Wasting away
I'm glad that we didn't claim Brown so that we're still near the top of the order and might get a chance at Ingram.

I don't think the order changes if someone is claimed, I actually thought this as well until I went back and read the CBA. Unless I'm missing something?

Reactions: lanky

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
I don't think the order changes if someone is claimed, I actually thought this as well until I went back and read the CBA. Unless I'm missing something?
Doesn’t change unless we improve in standings once it stops being based on last season.

Reactions: lanky

cobra427

May 6, 2012
Odds the Yotes aren't in last place? Lots of mediocre teams out there so who knows.
First 5-10 games it will be sloppy, some teams might surprise like the Coyotes, but after 10 games or so systems will be in place and vets will be up to speed, reality will start setting in by then if not sooner.

Reactions: Coyotedroppings
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad