Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
They sure are making it easy not to want to pay attention to the team this year.

Since they moved into the central with the Jets it was going to be a bit weird for me. Now, not so much.

I will still follow the team but mainly on this board to see what local fans are saying. It is going to be ugly to watch this team play.

RABBIT

Years of my life w you f*cks only to get relocated
895CFCD2-1A6B-4679-B938-13D88ABFE2FA.jpeg

As it stands, we pick 8 players in the first 2 rounds of this draft.

Reactions: 0point1

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
We could sign Tyler Bozak and Ben Hutton for the money we owed Dvorak, right? They’d fit within that range, I think.

We should sign them and then pick up Connor Ingram when he hits waivers:

Keller-Tyler Bozak-Kessel
Dzingel-Schmaltz-Jaskin
Crouse-Larsson-Fischer
Roussel-Beagle-Boyd
Ladd/Eriksson

Chychrun-Stralman
Gostisbehere-Timmins
Ben Hutton-Lyubushkin
Provolnev

Carter Hutton
Ingram/Korenar/Vejmelka

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
Does Connor Ingram have long term potential, just a better alternative than what we have now, or possibly both?

Bozak would help out but at around $4m they might not want to open up the pocket books. Hutton isn't too good defensively but he's a he could help take some of the pressure off the other D's, be leaned on when injuries occur, and probably could be had around $1m.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Does Connor Ingram have long term potential, just a better alternative than what we have now, or possibly both?

Bozak would help out but at around $4m they might not want to open up the pocket books. Hutton isn't too good defensively but he's a he could help take some of the pressure off the other D's, be leaned on when injuries occur, and probably could be had around $1m.
Ingram: 2x WHL All Star and 2x AHL All Star. Had personal issues and had to check into league assistance last season. Has lots of upside. Could just as easily never have an NHL career. He’s another dart throw like Korenar and Vejmelka. But his resume is more impressive.

Reactions: 0point1

0point1

Sep 14, 2011
Arizona
I like it. I hope we throw a bunch of darts the next 2 to 3 seasons. If one or two payoff it would be nice.

Llewzaher

Aug 2, 2005
North America
View attachment 463738

I kind of wish some of those were in 2023..

But pretty good none the less… have we ever had that many draft picks in the first 2 rounds before?
I hope BA puts as much effort in player development as he did in getting these picks..

Like for starters take Chychrun out for dinner..

Reactions: Matias Maccete

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Not much of a question now that this is Chychrun's team. He's already easily demonstrated that he can motivate himself to play well and hard when the team is awful. Guessing he can handle this abomination of a season, and I think having a competent coach will go a long way to make things much more bearable. He knows we have reinforcements coming via the draft, so if Tourigny can create the right environment I think it'll be enough to keep Chychrun happy and push the rest of the team to adopt his work ethic.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Not much of a question now that this is Chychrun's team. He's already easily demonstrated that he can motivate himself to play well and hard when the team is awful. Guessing he can handle this abomination of a season, and I think having a competent coach will go a long way to make things much more bearable. He knows we have reinforcements coming via the draft, so if Tourigny can create the right environment I think it'll be enough to keep Chychrun happy and push the rest of the team to adopt his work ethic.
Just a few years ago we were suppose to have one of the best prospect pools. You know what happened there. Having so many picks is nice, but it doesn't guarantee you a great player.

tucknroll

Feb 13, 2015
I believe/hope we might be looking at waivers for some pick ups. It's looking like it might be a really good year for players needing to be exposed that way.

Reactions: Jakey53

Prestigeworldwide

Apr 21, 2017
Couple of guys I've noticed that are out of waiver exemptions and don't have a roster spot on their clubs:

Kieffer Bellows
Taylor Raddysh
Boris Katchouk
Anyone of those guys would be a upgrade. Wonder if we can trade fisher for a bag of chips.

Kyle003p

Dec 17, 2007
Peoria, Il
View attachment 463738

What are the odds that we actually make all those picks? is it more likely we package some to move up in that draft, or use the capital to acquire some players that hopefully accelerate the rebuild? if it's the latter, i obviously don't expect to see anything happen until the season is over, but who would be some reasonable targets? Just looking for any reason to be optimistic for the future :(

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
What are the odds that we actually make all those picks? is it more likely we package some to move up in that draft, or use the capital to acquire some players that hopefully accelerate the rebuild? if it's the latter, i obviously don't expect to see anything happen until the season is over, but who would be some reasonable targets? Just looking for any reason to be optimistic for the future :(

I have a feeling our scouts have been told we will be getting their guys. Whether that's moving up and down in the draft to do so by moving picks, or sending them to teams like Tampa who don't want to lose good young players for free via waivers.

Kai Yo T

Nov 27, 2006
Scottsdale, AZ

I'm expecting some pics traded for players that are farther along and fit the BA plan. I couldn't guess who would fit the bill.

I'm too hopeful and excited to see all this come together to be pissed about how bad we're gonna be this season. The draft is gonna be hella fun lol.

Reactions: Kyle003p
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad