Speculation: Coyotes 2021 Offseason Roster Discussion Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Keller isn’t being moved because no one is taking on that contract. If BA could trade him for anything he would.

Not true at all. He could have easily been moved when teams had cap space. Same with Schmaltz. The return just wouldn't have been worth it and it would have left a team nobody wants to sign with desperate to hit the cap floor to qualify for revenue sharing.

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
So Keller and Schmaltz are no good, but also two players that are so good that their departure thwarts any valuable free agent signings?

DutchSenators

Dec 23, 2020
Couple of guys I've noticed that are out of waiver exemptions and don't have a roster spot on their clubs:

Kieffer Bellows
Taylor Raddysh
Boris Katchouk

Raddysh and Katchouk have 2-way contracts for the first year if I recall correctly. They will likely start in the AHL and will only move to the NHL when there are open spots (through trades, injuries, whatever).

Canis Latrans

Jan 19, 2015
Australia
Keller isn’t being moved because no one is taking on that contract. If BA could trade him for anything he would.

Keller and Schmaltz are the same. Hope they get better usage and growth under Bear then ship them away.
His contract isn't some massive burden. Plenty of teams could fit him. There's a good chance Keller finally breaks out this season now that he has a coach who will utilize him properly, and assuredly many other teams would welcome him and his contract to their team.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Raddysh and Katchouk have 2-way contracts for the first year if I recall correctly. They will likely start in the AHL and will only move to the NHL when there are open spots (through trades, injuries, whatever).
I don’t believe two-way contracts have any impact on the waivers process.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
I don’t believe two-way contracts have any impact on the waivers process.
They don't, it only applies to what the player is payed in the A and if they have to clear waivers to start the year if I recall. Can someone more knowledgably correct me if I'm wrong about that?

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
They don't, it only applies to what the player is payed in the A and if they have to clear waivers to start the year if I recall. Can someone more knowledgably correct me if I'm wrong about that?
Its just salary in the A. Waiver eligibility has zip to do with that.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
Wright and McGroarty need to be our picks this year. We also need to trade Schmaltz before that M-NTC kicks in which gives us two more seasons. If Colorado can take a 2nd round exit, I would love to grab Matikka with that pick too.

@hbk You're real big on McCartney right? Can you give me a brief synopsis of his game and your expectations, both high and low? I never got a chance to get down to see any Tucson games this last year and never saw him play in Juniors. He's the only player we have signed that I don't have some kind of pulse on.

This rebuild should not take more than 2 years. If it does, BA messed up. We should have all the players needed and just be integrating them over the next 5 years. We absolutely need to be a playoff team by the 5 year mark or again, BA messed up.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
Wright and McGroarty need to be our picks this year. We also need to trade Schmaltz before that M-NTC kicks in which gives us two more seasons. If Colorado can take a 2nd round exit, I would love to grab Matikka with that pick too.

@hbk You're real big on McCartney right? Can you give me a brief synopsis of his game and your expectations, both high and low? I never got a chance to get down to see any Tucson games this last year and never saw him play in Juniors. He's the only player we have signed that I don't have some kind of pulse on.

This rebuild should not take more than 2 years. If it does, BA messed up. We should have all the players needed and just be integrating them over the next 5 years. We absolutely need to be a playoff team by the 5 year mark or again, BA messed up.
McGroarty, Gaucher, and Chesley are my current favorites for that MTL pick.

hbk

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Visit site

Hard working player who will play in bottom 6 capacity and score goals by going to the net. He reminds me of Martinook.

YotesFan47

Jun 16, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona USA
McGroarty, Gaucher, and Chesley are my current favorites for that MTL pick.
Gaucher and Chesley would be awesome too but currently, I have McGroarty much higher on my want list.

Guenther - Hossa
Wright - Stamkos
McGroarty - Carter
Hayton - Pavalski
Jenik - Marchand

Those are more or less my comparables, and that's a stacked group. Just needs one Oshie and I think we'd be happy.

Edit: not saying any of the players reach their comparables top end, just that is who I see from them.

Reactions: DoanStopBelievin

Kaibur

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Still waiting to see what's going on with Seattle's defense. Dunn, Cholowski, Borgen and Lauzon are all still young enough to add and potentially stick around through the build. Even Fleury, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad