Post-Game Talk: Coyotes 2 Losers 1

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
The fact that we got an oiler fan defending Lowe is truly hilarious. What has that ****ing idiot done in his whole career to still remain a part of the management? No, 6 cup rings don't count.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
This quote from Gregors article today says everything that needs to be said:

Lowe hired a GM with no experience, who then hired a head coach with no experience who had to coach a team filled with inexperienced players.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
This is news? Some of us have been talking about it non stop since the day Mactavish was hired.

It's just a small blip in his article about the Oilers not being good enough. It's not a breaking news thing, he just mentioned it.

I think it's fair he put that in his article because it's true.

TheRebuild

Bold as Boognish
Jun 12, 2014
Winter
I don't think there's going to be any apology letter this year. The last one didn't go over very well. Interesting that we haven't heard a peep out of Mactavish for a while. I suspect that this is the new strategy. Ignore. Ignore. Ignore.

Actually, this is the new strategy

20130109.png

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
It's just a small blip in his article about the Oilers not being good enough. It's not a breaking news thing, he just mentioned it.

I think it's fair he put that in his article because it's true.

It's always been true. Not like it matters. If morons like Lowe haven't been fired yet, I see no hope of it in the future. The only thing Katz gives a **** about is simply money. Lowe gets a monthly big paycheck by doing nothing other than staring at his cup rings.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Our team might, but so much of this is directed at the fans. Everyone likes high picks, they just wouldn't admit it on these boards. No one wants to lose, but everyone likes getting top tier talent. Where's all the hate for Florida, Colorado and Buffalo? There's **** all on these boards about those teams.

Personally, if another team racks up a bunch of picks, I don't really care. I really only care about the welfare of my team. If some other team sucks as bad as the Oilers, the last thing I'm going to do is revel in the misery of another team's fanbase. I just don't get the joy this board takes out of giving it to Oiler fans, This team is ****, yes, so why don't they attack management and coaching instead of laughing at the fans?

I don't care how critical you are of your own team. When I check out your board's GDT's against the Oilers, every time I do so it's just filled with insults and derogatory statements. It isn't just the tanking aspect I see, there are insults at the fans and the city itself.

It's just salt in the wounds. I wouldn't care if this team was half-way respectable. But it's more than a little annoying when we are tortured by this team, and get spit on by other fans as well.

Chill out! The Coyote fans hear a lot of crap from other fans and the Canadian media. All we have been hearing for the last five years is that we are going to fold, hockey will never survive in the desert, there is no fans in the desert, move the team already, the team is crappy, team will finish last, etc. etc. So don't tell me that your feelings are hurt, because I really don't give a damn. Your just insulted because your team is run by a bunch of morons and no good players want to sign there. Oh, by the way, I lived in Edmonton for twenty years, and now have lived in Phoenix for twenty, both great cities.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Who cares about them. We will be calling that finished franchise the Las Vegas Something in a few years lol.

See, another insult. It seems to be ok if your fans say something, but we can't. By the way, how's your weather?:)

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
See, another insult. It seems to be ok if your fans say something, but we can't. By the way, how's your weather?:)

Look, you need to understand something about HFOil.

We are a very bitter, angry bunch. We hate everyone in the NHL because of how much better they are than us.

Since we aren't able to take out our frustrations on the team we do so in other ways.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Look, you need to understand something about HFOil.

We are a very bitter, angry bunch. We hate everyone in the NHL because of how much better they are than us.

Since we aren't able to take out our frustrations on the team we do so in other ways.

LOL, I understand, but how do you think the Coyote fans feel taking abuse for the last five years. We had TGO for five years and he set us back 10 yrs with his BS, and you guys have Lowe. These guys think they are god because they were good players, well, at least one was, and won multiple Stanley Cups. TGO was booted out of Phoenix, and Lowe should be booted out of Edmonton.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
LOL, I understand, but how do you think the Coyote fans feel taking abuse for the last five years. We had TGO for five years and he set us back 10 yrs with his BS, and you guys have Lowe. These guys think they are god because they were good players, well, at least one was, and won multiple Stanley Cups. TGO was booted out of Phoenix, and Lowe should be booted out of Edmonton.

He should be. Will he? Nope. Why? Because our owner is a moron.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
I guess you will have to go bankrupt so the NHL can boot out Lowe.:)

I don't think he'll get booted out for years. The fact that Katz didn't let him take a sabbatical speaks enough. Our owner is as bigger as an idiot than Lowe is. Friends for life. :laugh:

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't think he'll get booted out for years. The fact that Katz didn't let him take a sabbatical speaks enough. Our owner is as bigger as an idiot than Lowe is. Friends for life. :laugh:

Isn't Messier somehow involved with the Oilers? Maybe Lowe should hire TGO, so they can all take about the good old days.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Chill out! The Coyote fans hear a lot of crap from other fans and the Canadian media. All we have been hearing for the last five years is that we are going to fold, hockey will never survive in the desert, there is no fans in the desert, move the team already, the team is crappy, team will finish last, etc. etc. So don't tell me that your feelings are hurt, because I really don't give a damn. Your just insulted because your team is run by a bunch of morons and no good players want to sign there. Oh, by the way, I lived in Edmonton for twenty years, and now have lived in Phoenix for twenty, both great cities.

he specifically mentioned personal attacks towards the fans and the city. I don't see what your post has to do with anything here.

Your suggestion that he's insulted because the Oilers are run by morons is insulting in itself.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
he specifically mentioned personal attacks towards the fans and the city. I don't see what your post has to do with anything here.

Your suggestion that he's insulted because the Oilers are run by morons is insulting in itself.

What? Your fans are suggesting the Oilers are run by a bunch of morons, and I agree. You guys sling insults just as much as the rest. Sorry your feelings got hurt, time to grow a pair.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Who else do you have from the TGO and Lowe era involved with the Oilers?

Semenko is a scout, Buchberger does.... something.

Steve Smith was an assistant coach for a number of years but he's now apart of the Hurricanes staff. Huddy also used to coach here.

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
Yep, I'm mistaken. You're right. Katz it's clearly a puppet master that wants us to play poor defensively and continuously lose games so that he can move the team to Seattle. The whole "new arena" thing is just a diversion to throw people off.

Nice straw man! I said how much he is involved is debatable but you say that I said Katz controls everything! :laugh: in fact there is nothing in your post that remotely covers what I posted other than that you're mistaken.

You already know this, at least you should anyways. Katz is the only person above the president, he is responsible for who is in that position, and the president is responsible for who is in the GM's position and the guy in the GM position is responsible for who is in the coaches position.

So the only real debate here is whether Eakins is a ****** coach, or is Mact just ****** at assembling a team. I see what side you're on and thats fine. The funny part here is that Mact is responsible either way you put it. This team is "better" on paper then anything that last coaches had to work with yet their still **** so I can see why that would easily fall on the coach.

I see it as having a ****** coach and a ****** GM. Its a combination of both, and unless we turf them both and actually get a different person in the president that will be able to appoint a new GM and by proxy a new coach, nothing is going to change. Its going to be the same song and dance over and over again.

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
Wow super kool does he read HFboards? Pretty sure we've been saying that for like 18 months now

Let me fix that:

This quote from Gregors article today Mr Forever's brilliant HFboards post says everything that needs to be said:

Lowe hired a GM with no experience, who then hired a head coach with no experience who had to coach a team filled with inexperienced players.
- Mr Forever

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad