Value of: Coyle to Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
i can see that for both of our teams.. will coyle be on the third line you think? need and being able to afford that need is whats going to be important here for both teams. sounds like you guys (the fans) value coyle more than the gm does/did? is that a fair assesment? not looking to argue, more get a feel on how the team thinks of coyle.
It's hard to say for sure where he'll play, but 2RW with Parise and Koivu seems like the most natural place.

It's also hard to say how Fenton values any of his players right now, but historically I think Fletcher valued Coyle more than the fanbase has. I'm pretty sure Boudreau thinks pretty highly of him as well.

Last edited:

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Coyle has quite a bit more value than Heinen and a salary dump.

Why?

Heinen is younger, can play 3 positions, produced a lot more in his rookie season than Coyle has in any season but one, and is far better defensively. Coyle hits more and it two inches taller.

Again, just don't see why Boston makes the move. Coyle's role as 3rd line physical right wing that can play some C is currently being played by Backes. Who despite not being what he once was does it as well or better than Coyle already.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Why?

Heinen is younger, can play 3 positions, produced a lot more in his rookie season than Coyle has in any season but one, and is far better defensively. Coyle hits more and it two inches taller.

Again, just don't see why Boston makes the move. Coyle's role as 3rd line physical right wing that can play some C is currently being played by Backes. Who despite not being what he once was does it as well or better than Coyle already.
Based on what?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
still want coyle by the way.. lets go Vaakanienen, ('17 1st rounder)looks like you guys might be a little short on high end LD prospects, bjork and 4th. IMO thats fair. Is it true he was playing with two dislocated thumbs? thats crazy .. if he was in boston he would be getting shredded for playing too much fortnite.. gotta love the media

Would never make that deal from a Boston POV. Fireable offense. Bjork was a better prospect that DeBrusk or Heinen headed into last season before he got hurt. Would you trade DeBrusk for Coyle? Trading Bjork as part of a package including the teams best defensive prospect for a middle six winger is insane.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Why?

If you thought Heinen was better than Coyle, why would we be having this conversation?

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Based on what?

If you watched the player in college or in the pros you see he has an active stick like Loui Eriksson. Heinen is just freaking smaaaaart. He isn't fast or big. Thats literally his whole game is being a smart player in all three zones. Its like me saying Charlie Coyle is physical and you saying "based on what?".

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
If you watched the player in college or in the pros you see he has an active stick like Loui Eriksson. Heinen is just freaking smaaaaart. He isn't fast or big. Thats literally his whole game is being a smart player in all three zones. Its like me saying Charlie Coyle is physical and you saying "based on what?".
I was just wondering what it was based on because I'd consider Coyle very reliable defensively. If Heinen is "far better" it seemed like there would be a compelling reason for it.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I was just wondering what it was based on because I'd consider Coyle very reliable defensively. If Heinen is "far better" it seemed like there would be a compelling reason for it.

I don't think Corsi is a great way to show defensive ability, really. But, Heinen has very good numbers in both raw and relative despite seeing harder zone starts and QoC TOI than Coyle.

But... again... I don't think just throwing out Corsi stats like that prove anything unless its crazy outliers like Bergeron or Koivu some years.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I don't think Corsi is a great way to show defensive ability, really. But, Heinen has very good numbers in both raw and relative despite seeing harder zone starts and QoC TOI than Coyle.

But... again... I don't think just throwing out Corsi stats like that prove anything unless its crazy outliers like Bergeron or Koivu some years.
Agreed on the Corsi part. I'll just have to keep an eye on Heinen next year.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Hes one of the top center prospects in the system. At this point I see him/JFK/Studnicka winning the job as the 3C, so I doubt he gets traded.

I'd be baffled if Sweeney traded him at this point, when our top two centers are both 30+ and Krejci hasn't exactly lit the world on fire recently. Would have to be in a deal to add young NHL talent I'd imagine.

We know that game.

Reactions: wintersej

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Wild already drafted the world's smartest player in the 1st round this year. Don't need another.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Why?

Except that's not what he is, as I went on at length earlier. Coyle is a top 6 RW, and has spent time on the Wild's top line (Staal Nino Coyle) when they haven't needed him at C, when he plays behind Staal and Koivu. This year Boudreau has gone on record on how he wants to play him at #2C over Koivu.

To call him a #3RW is wrong, and disingenuous.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Except that's not what he is, as I went on at length earlier. Coyle is a top 6 RW, and has spent time on the Wild's top line (Staal Nino Coyle) when they haven't needed him at C, when he plays behind Staal and Koivu. This year Boudreau has gone on record on how he wants to play him at #2C over Koivu.

To call him a #3RW is wrong, and disingenuous.
No he hasn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad