Post-Game Talk: Cowboys @ Cup Champs, 7:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
This has the smell of an OT loss. One of those games you’re happy with the point.

Really sloppy last few minutes. They looked fatigued.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Flipped over to Leafs-Pens game on NHLN, and the announcers are now the Pens' broadcast team. HNIC crew disappeared some time after period 2 ended.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Not in panic mode yet, but, this is why you pay your coach that got you a cup. He had this team where they needed to be.

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Overall they did not play a bad game, 3 on 3 is a crapshoot so don't care about OT beyond the point they didn't get.

Third line was awesome, Djoos/Bowey were really good against the Habs and again tonight, and the increase in ice time reflected this. I think they have something going there, of course once Orpik is ready that is in the crapper.

I took some positives from this game.

Last edited:
Reactions: shtorm2005

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
The first line has been absolutely putrid in the defensive zone. They haven't been playing well at all aside from Ovi's 2 opportunistic goals last game.

Reactions: Sam Spade

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
At some point I'd like to see Ovechkin/Kuznetsov lead by example a little bit more. Their effort level in the d-zone and in offensive zone board battles is very uninspiring.

Also, seems like every goal scored can be directly blamed on one player. There are mistakes and then there are goal-causing, pee-wee level **** ups. I'm seen a lot of the latter.

Two enthusiastic thumbs up for big boy Bowey. His best NHL game and it's not even particularly close.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad