Post-Game Talk: Cowboys @ Cup Champs, 7:07 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
His QO would be $3.25M. They could not qualify him and still re-sign him at a lower rate but at that point for him it's probably better to get a fresh start elsewhere.

As far as who should sit once Wilson returns, it should probably be Stephenson or DSP but it could be Burakovsky if PK roles give the former an advantage. Based on eye test, particularly in forechecking situations, Stephenson seems like the biggest passenger most nights. Count me among those intrigued by Jaskin on the top line. He does a lot of little things well and it seems like Vrana's speed is sort of wasted on the top line. Maybe if 92/8 were playing far more consistent it could work but it's better to have that on a lower line for the time being IMO. The top line needs more of a worker the way they're going lately.

I'm inclined to give them another week or two to figure it out, if not until Wilson returns. The top line and D pair need to be way more focused/consistent.

I’m also interested in Jaskin (or Oshie) as the 1RW. I think they need a hard forechecker on that line and while Vrana is many good things, he’s not the best guy in on the forecheck.

Also Jaskin’s defensive numbers thus far are impressive and it’s something 8 and 92 could use on their line:

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Not a fan of that asset management strategy. If the Caps can get him for a few years cheap, I’d do it. Not like anyone is really pressing him from the depth for ice time.

So then trade him for a 3rd/4th rounder. Also "asset" implies Burakovsky is a positive, and as much as I want to believe in him, I just don't know if he has "it".

And sure if the Caps can get him for $1 mil per than I'm fine with that, anything more, I just don't see the point.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
So then trade him for a 3rd/4th rounder. Also "asset" implies Burakovsky is a positive, and as much as I want to believe in him, I just don't know if he has "it".

And sure if the Caps can get him for $1 mil per than I'm fine with that, anything more, I just don't see the point.

I don’t see him as having zero value yet, so yeah asset....

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
His QO would be $3.25M. They could not qualify him and still re-sign him at a lower rate but at that point for him it's probably better to get a fresh start elsewhere.

As far as who should sit once Wilson returns, it should probably be Stephenson or DSP but it could be Burakovsky if PK roles give the former an advantage. Based on eye test, particularly in forechecking situations, Stephenson seems like the biggest passenger most nights. Count me among those intrigued by Jaskin on the top line. He does a lot of little things well and it seems like Vrana's speed is sort of wasted on the top line. Maybe if 92/8 were playing far more consistent it could work but it's better to have that on a lower line for the time being IMO. The top line needs more of a worker the way they're going lately.

I'm inclined to give them another week or two to figure it out, if not until Wilson returns. The top line and D pair need to be way more focused/consistent.

This accurately summarizes my feelings.

I can't understand what Stephenson is doing this season. Such an enormous opportunity and he is just wasting it. Skate in a straight line, apply pressure on the forecheck, be relentless. He'll never be a finisher but he can still be an effective NHLer. His play is anemic. You'll find more energy at a retirement home bingo night.

Jaskin is looking better and better but as far as promoting him up the lineup, I really liked the way Jaskin/Dowd/Burakovsky combo was playing. Remember when that line was stuck in the defensive zone? Me neither.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->