Covid-19

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Worst One

Who wants to die?
Oct 5, 2017
Two people in my village have contracted coronavirus. They are living in an apartment block and thus the whole building has been placed under quarantine. What a f***ing disaster as the building is very close to my house - some 350 metres.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
There any deals on flights out there worth pouncing on? I would assume they’d need to drop some rates to get some cash flow but I couldn’t find any deals with Delta down the road worth buying now.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
So the CDC has removed their dosing guidelines for HCQ from their website. Also, the original french publisher of the zpak/hcq study has withdrawn it to say that a number of patients who did poorly on the combo were withdrawn without explanation or exclusion criteria from the study, basically falsifying results. So that's not promising news.

This is funny:

full

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
There any deals on flights out there worth pouncing on? I would assume they’d need to drop some rates to get some cash flow but I couldn’t find any deals with Delta down the road worth buying now.

Thinking about buying our flights to Hawaii sometime soon. We’re supposed to go in January for the honeymoon

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
So the CDC has removed their dosing guidelines for HCQ from their website. Also, the original french publisher of the zpak/hcq study has withdrawn it to say that a number of patients who did poorly on the combo were withdrawn without explanation or exclusion criteria from the study, basically falsifying results. So that's not promising news.
The rush to find something promising is a bit of an issue right now. It's what I described in one of my earlier posts about people jumping to conclusions based on preliminary results or anecdotal stories When people do draw unwarranted conclusions they generally end up wasting valuable time/resources better utilized toward actually proving or replicating the initial result. I completely understand their hastiness but I still shake my head and hope that behind the scenes somebody is holding these impetuous individuals in check.

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017
I'm an automation engineer and was commissioning at a steel mill over the weekend and heard that it will cease production sometime next month. This is the first time ever this area of the mill will be shut down other than for scheduled outages. It is also one of the largest steel producers in the country.

Most mills are postponing any upgrades so a bunch of co-workers are getting furloughed for the time being. I expect the same to happen to me soon.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
I'm an automation engineer and was commissioning at a steel mill over the weekend and heard that it will cease production sometime next month. This is the first time ever this area of the mill will be shut down other than for scheduled outages. It is also one of the largest steel producers in the country.

Most mills are postponing any upgrades so a bunch of co-workers are getting furloughed for the time being. I expect the same to happen to me soon.
oh man. tough times right now.

Reactions: Styles

WinterHawk88

May 15, 2017
Thinking about buying our flights to Hawaii sometime soon. We’re supposed to go in January for the honeymoon

Planning to fly to Hawaii for my anniversary over Thanksgiving, got 2 first class tickets ORD-HNL for the cheapest I've ever seen it.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Planning to fly to Hawaii for my anniversary over Thanksgiving, got 2 first class tickets ORD-HNL for the cheapest I've ever seen it.

I looked 2-3 weeks ago and it was going to come out to be something insane like $800 round trip. I want to jump on it so bad but it’s hard to justify the purchase at the moment. Gotta worry about rent and groceries first

WinterHawk88

May 15, 2017
I looked 2-3 weeks ago and it was going to come out to be something insane like $800 round trip. I want to jump on it so bad but it’s hard to justify the purchase at the moment. Gotta worry about rent and groceries first

Yeah, understandable for sure. We had saved for most of last year for just regular flights and then were pleasantly surprised by how affordable first class had gotten so we pounced. I treat it as a little bit of my stimulus money going back in the American economy. A personal bailout for the airlines

Reactions: x Tame Impala

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
As sources of information are important, I thought this guide could be helpful for people.

I typically stick to the wire services as much as possible because their business model relies on them being able to sell to all types of outlets, and because of that, they’re typically incredibly straightforward and down the middle.

Also, notice how the cable networks are in the analysis/opinion/persuasion area of this chart.

F307F3FF-4E23-46B5-8D34-2A7E7BB530CA.jpeg

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
As sources of information are important, I thought this guide could be helpful for people.

I typically stick to the wire services as much as possible because their business model relies on them being able to sell to all types of outlets, and because of that, they’re typically incredibly straightforward and down the middle.

Also, notice how the cable networks are in the analysis/opinion/persuasion area of this chart.

View attachment 341128

I feel like CNN is a tad bit more left than that chart.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014

He's comparing his coronavirus press briefings' ratings to The Bachelor again. :facepalm:

Something tells me there are more pressing concerns to deal with right now...

WinterHawk88

May 15, 2017
It's a good deal if you travel a lot, I for sure would be able to find something in that time period if I can't make the initial trip. I routinely book cheap flights on SW on the off chance I can swing it.

Exactly. Worst case we have to postpone until a vaccine or something is created, but either way we'll be taking the trip at some point.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011

View attachment 341128

What's this chart based on?

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well let me see..U.S. has 9 times poulationpf Canada ..yet Canada so far I the epidemic as of last report has only 504 deaths attributed to covid 19..That oughtvtobe only a bit over 4500 for the U.S. American mortality from Covid 19 ....but instead we see the U.S. claiming over 16 000 deaths!!

Does it make any sense it should be that bad?

A triumph of Canadain socialized medicine over the chaos of U.S. private hospitals?

Better do tors and nurse I Canada.

Or simply CanDiamd take more vitamin D SOURCES better immune systems to fight it whe they get infected?

Or simply that CNada never got a "hotspot"..but even given the MYC special case.. it only a ounts forNout 35% of all the U.S. death goal (was 55% a few weeks ago)...

Still NYC over 6000 dead to Canada at just over 500?

IT BOGGLES THE MOND!

THIS cannot be typical for other viruses like the flu where one expects death totals to be roughly proportional to the population size difference.

But so much greater death h rate in the U.S.?

Does not make any sense to me.
Either:
1.Anerican medical system way over its head in caring properly for the sickest..

Or

2.U.S. got a different version or more precisely 2 attack versions..or much more of the deadlier version than Canada got?

If this explains it ,then no other choice but to absolutely cofirm it was a designed bioweapon..With 1 strain milder I effect and a 2nd strain much more severe causing more mortality.

OR 3:

Candaian immune system was better in the aggregate than the American aggregate personal immune system readiness to withstand z viral attack...perhaps during to greater AmericNVitamin D deficiency?

So not know if any of these 3 explanations are true but something has to expkai why the Anerican death numbers so out of whack.
Or

4.Could American coding for the deaths be simply attributed to assumptions it was from covid 19 and not other co-mor oddity causes or even a mistaken assumption on covid 19 instead of flu or stress from being in hospital or other respiratory causes like pneumonia?
Have they done autopsies to confirm.not that the patient was infected with COVID 19,BUT o formula h death ess only caused by this Virus?
Or

5. The I.S. deliberately fudging the death numbers?If so...WHY?

(We can guess..somebody making da money).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad