COVID-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
@ChiHawks10 RE: our conversation the other day.... there is a school district out here that has had so many teachers say they’re not coming back that their new plan is 50 students per class. :facepalm:

K-12 for reference.

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
Oh no, he's not wearing a mask around his wife and one close friend! The horror...

I remember when everyone was aghast that one person may pass it to another who could pass to another ad infinitum. I guess it depends on the context of who isn't wearing a mask.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
I remember when everyone was aghast that one person may pass it to another who could pass to another ad infinitum. I guess it depends on the context of who isn't wearing a mask.
No one was bitching about one person not wearing a mask next to a friend. It's not wearing a mask in a public setting or not wearing them near a group that was always the issue.

All you ever do is argue in bad faith. Take the L and move on. This shit is getting petty.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
@ChiHawks10 RE: our conversation the other day.... there is a school district out here that has had so many teachers say they’re not coming back that their new plan is 50 students per class. :facepalm:

K-12 for reference.

My fiance's school just had the school board vote again tonight, and passed 4-2 with someone changing their mind from last week. She'll be starting with remote learning on August 31st, and it will last 4-6 weeks minimum.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011

My fiance's school just had the school board vote again tonight, and passed 4-2 with someone changing their mind from last week. She'll be starting with remote learning on August 31st, and it will last 4-6 weeks minimum.

Any idea if a plan is approved and things change after the fact how difficult it now for them to can that plan or at least revise it?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Any idea if a plan is approved and things change after the fact how difficult it now for them to can that plan or at least revise it?

They can change it as far as I know. The plans I've read have all basically said "subject to change" depending on how things are going.

Drumman44

Kyle Beach Deserved Better
May 2, 2017
Aside from being terrible politics, it seems they've forgotten that the fastest way back to normal isn't forcing people to get out there looking for new jobs, but to keep everyone at home so we can get past this quicker.

Seriously. If they had sent every family a one time payment of $10,000 to weather the storm for a month in March and enforced a stay at home order, we could be back to normal by now.

Total Cost would have been 1.26 trillion, as opposed to the first CARES act of in excess of 1.6

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Seriously. If they had sent every family a one time payment of $10,000 to weather the storm for a month in March and enforced a stay at home order, we could be back to normal by now.

Total Cost would have been 1.26 trillion, as opposed to the first CARES act of in excess of 1.6

Yeah, in hindsight, it probably would have been smart to send like 3-4 months worth of living expenses right away.

Reactions: Naster Okan

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
This is all very normal.
I'll see your "very normal" and raise you this "stable genius".
The real reason President Trump isn’t throwing out 1st pitch before Yankees-Red Sox game? He wasn’t invited
According to the New York Times, Trump’s first pitch announcement was motivated by the fact that Dr. Anthony Fauci was throwing out the first pitch on Opening Day at Nationals Park before the game between Yankees and Nationals.
Mr. Trump had been so annoyed by Dr. Fauci’s turn in the limelight, an official familiar with his reaction said, that he had directed his aides to call Yankees officials and make good on a longtime standing offer from Mr. Levine to throw out an opening pitch. No date was ever finalized.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I'll see your "very normal" and raise you this "stable genius".
The real reason President Trump isn’t throwing out 1st pitch before Yankees-Red Sox game? He wasn’t invited
According to the New York Times, Trump’s first pitch announcement was motivated by the fact that Dr. Anthony Fauci was throwing out the first pitch on Opening Day at Nationals Park before the game between Yankees and Nationals.
Mr. Trump had been so annoyed by Dr. Fauci’s turn in the limelight, an official familiar with his reaction said, that he had directed his aides to call Yankees officials and make good on a longtime standing offer from Mr. Levine to throw out an opening pitch. No date was ever finalized.

:facepalm:

I'm so ready for this dumb f*** to be entered into the history books. He's literally the Toddler President, and I love the fact that those history books will pretty much set his legacy as the worst President to ever hold the office.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
:facepalm:

I'm so ready for this dumb f*** to be entered into the history books. He's literally the Toddler President, and I love the fact that those history books will pretty much set his legacy as the worst President to ever hold the office.
I can think of two Presidents in my lifetime that were as bad, if not worse, then the current POtuS.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
I wouldn’t trust more than 1/3 of this country with that much cash just sitting around. I’m not even sure I’d trust that many even.

Then do it by month or bi-weekly or something. Each month send $3000 or something like that for 3 or 4 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad