COVID-19 Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larmer83

I'm taking the high road moving forward.
May 13, 2018
Lakewood, CO
With all the crap going on with covid, protests, etc there is big news coming out. Announced that Trump’s wife is overseeing a renovation of the rose garden. I mean with all the shit going on, people dying and the economy in shambles, this is an announcement? They are ignorant to timing, sensitivity.

Just clueless
Be Best.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
With all the crap going on with covid, protests, etc there is big news coming out. Announced that Trump’s wife is overseeing a renovation of the rose garden. I mean with all the shit going on, people dying and the economy in shambles, this is an announcement? They are ignorant to timing, sensitivity.

Just clueless

I know I said in the OP that we should steer away from political talk, but my word is that an obvious fiddling while Rome burned analogy if I've ever seen one....

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
It’s a shame all those kids got it from being tested...

And the GOP, as well as many, many people besides them, still want kids to go back to in-person learning at schools in a couple weeks.

My daughter's school had 67-77% of parents who voted(I forgot the specific number, but it was over 2/3) choose to send their kids back to the actual school 5 days a week when the survey was given a couple weeks ago. A rich, and 99% white school district full of mostly highly-educated adults. :facepalm:

At least they're giving parents the option to send their kid or not, though. We chose to keep my daughter in remote learning for at least the first trimester, but I'm leaning towards us keeping her remote the entire school year next year, with the way this shit is going.

Salvaged Ship

Oct 9, 2013
I know I said in the OP that we should steer away from political talk, but my word is that an obvious fiddling while Rome burned analogy if I've ever seen one....
Unfortunately the covid issue has been significantly politicized. The very essence of how its being handled, rising numbers, deaths, etc, are completely intertwined with politics. Shouldn’t be, but it is. You can’t really discuss the crisis and its handling without involving the political aspect of it.

Reactions: BobbyJet

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Unfortunately the covid issue has been significantly politicized. The very essence of how its being handled, rising numbers, deaths, etc, are completely intertwined with politics. Shouldn’t be, but it is. You can’t really discuss the crisis and its handling without involving the political aspect of it.

Yep. And that can be blamed solely on the dumbass in the WH, and his administration. From day one, he and his admin have politicized this entire thing. Day.f***ing.One.

BobbyJet

watch the game, everything else is noise
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
This quote at the end of that article should be the bottom line with no ifs, ands or buts. The economic recovery is going to have to wait:
"However, we're surging right now. I would not think opening up during a surge was the right time."

Marotte Marauder

Aug 10, 2008
upload_2020-7-27_15-52-5.png

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Context...

“I had my mask around my chin. I had taken it down. I was totally dehydrated and I was drinking water, trying to rehydrate myself,” Fauci insisted. “And by the way, I was negative COVID literally the day before. So I guess people want to make a big event. I wear a mask all the time when I’m outside. To pull it down to take some sips of water and put it back up again, I guess if people want to make something about that, they can. But to me, I think that’s just mischievous.”

In one image, Fauci was seen with his mask on his chin grinning at a friend to his right. In another image, Fauci looked straight ahead watching the game, with empty hands pointed toward the field.

The woman on Fauci’s left is his wife, Christine Grady, and the man on Fauci’s right is a “close friend” of the NIAID director. This man was also described in a photograph from USA Today as one of Fauci’s “guests” at the event.

Reactions: CallMeShaft

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Context...

“I had my mask around my chin. I had taken it down. I was totally dehydrated and I was drinking water, trying to rehydrate myself,” Fauci insisted. “And by the way, I was negative COVID literally the day before. So I guess people want to make a big event. I wear a mask all the time when I’m outside. To pull it down to take some sips of water and put it back up again, I guess if people want to make something about that, they can. But to me, I think that’s just mischievous.”

No, he’s clearly made up the whole pandemic just to hurt Trump. We’re all just bootlickers... :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad