OT: Covid-19 (Part 58) Valentine's Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
Behold:

Again, in case you missed it, every citizen of Canada has the right to enter, remain in and leave Canada.

Canada has not removed your right to leave the country. You can still do so. They cannot however guarantee that your host nation will accept you. You cannot talk about the right of leave without talking about right of entry. Stop being immature.

likewise, Canada doesn’t have to guarantee you the right of transport to leave. You can always sails, walk, bike or drive via your own means.

Sure you can, as I'm doing in this thread as we speak.
(mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
This thread is as derailed as it's ever been. It went from COVID to truckers to border crossing policies lmao. And I'm certainly forgetting a whole lot.

Reactions: Licou

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Flying is an essential method of transportation for international travel. If you're banned from flying, you're not really allowed to leave the country, which is part of section 6 of the Charter. Anyway we can argue about this all day, the mandates are being challenged in the courts.
You're allowed to fly all you want, but the private airlines don't need to have you as a customer.

Get a pilot's license, buy a plane, and fly around all you want.

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
way to ignore the entire point of my post.

"Get a pilot's license, buy a plane, and fly around all you want" is not something you usually tell people in good faith, and besides, it doesn't relate to me in any way. I was being polite.

I also don't think that at a time when the travel industry is on its knees thanks partly to the governments' extreme measures, "airlines don't need to have you as a customer" isn't very accurate.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
"Get a pilot's license, buy a plane, and fly around all you want" is not something you usually tell people in good faith, and besides, it doesn't relate to me in any way. I was being polite.

I also don't think that at a time when the travel industry is on its knees thanks partly to the governments' extreme measures, "airlines don't need to have you as a customer" isn't very accurate.

90% of the population can travel no problem so I think they will be fine.

Reactions: LarryO and Zorba

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Your issue is no longer about rights and freedoms then

Reactions: Lshap

Zorba

May 26, 2011
DELTA BC
In no way does my post that you're quoting contradict my stance towards the mandates as they relate to the Charter.
It’s funny how you and the fringe 10% say they lost their rights and freedoms but the other 90% don’t agree Majority rules You and your Freedumb convoy take the L As usual

snakeye

Jun 24, 2007
Montreal
No, this is just a lame cop-out because none of your grievances hold any water when examined with any kind of scrutiny.
I don't know why you keep imagining I said things I never did. There's a quote function, you can use it, and then refute a point I made directly. I don't get what porpose labeling my post as lame cop out serves, but it certainly adds nothing to your side of the argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad